What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Upsidedown Grow?

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hello Folks!

Anyone ever did a Upsidedown Grow? Any experience with that? I've grown tomatoes for years upsidedown.

Thanks!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've never had any first hand experience doing this but I do remember seeing something years ago about somebody trying one of those topsy turvy upside tomato growers. From what I remember the plant was stubborn and was always fighting to right itself and grow upwards. Don't know if that helped or not but good luck!

supermanlives

Veteran
yes and its waste of time.. I bought the topsy turvy mega kit way back..... including stand......junk and the branches all fell together due to gravity in the end making a big mess and lots of watering...not worth the trouble... and you don't get as much sunlight without supports and training.. when the sun is directly overhead you container blocks the light a bit,when a regular plant would be getting blasted with light IMHO

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you end up with branches all together and have to separate and support em anyhow...big waste of time in most situations

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried that with no luck. Even tomatoes....but I live in an area, breeze/wind and low humidity.

There are so many better methods to grow. As most mentioned...a waste of time/energy and a good plant.

Some plants were just not made to defy feeding gravity, mj being one of them!! :tiphat:

Waste of time. If it was more efficient to grow upside down in nature, they would. No need to reinvent the wheel here..pot goes on the bottom, plant on top.

Latest posts

Latest posts