What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sick Plants?

My first batch of seeds looked healthy from day 1 till budding. For some reason the 2nd batch of the same seeds look sick to me. Pictures below, can you guys tell what the problem is? I have grown both batches in the same tent and environment.

picture.php

picture.php

E

Eureka Springs Organics

What medium are you growing in? Looks like to much water, and a bit of lock out due to your medium. With a good soil you should not have these problems.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Looks like coco to me. Have you checked for broad mites? Definitely not too much water. Can't over water coco. If no broad mites (you need a 100X scope to check for eggs on undersides of leaves), it's a PH issue. What's your PH? Should be 5.8 for coco. Make sure your PH pen is calibrated. Check PH of run off.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Its coco, but it is posted in the soil forum? I'm confused.

surfguitar

Your potting soil is garbage, if your buying a bagged mixed there can be a shit ton of variance which could explain good results one run and bad results the next.

Do yourself a favor and research how to properly construct a organic soil mix either by checking out the organic for beginners sticky or ideally following the advice in the Recycled living soil thread.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Your potting soil is garbage, if your buying a bagged mixed there can be a shit ton of variance which could explain good results one run and bad results the next.

Do yourself a favor and research how to properly construct a organic soil mix either by checking out the organic for beginners sticky or ideally following the advice in the Recycled living soil thread.

Here is a beginners guide to making your own soil.
http://eurekaspringsorganics.com/how-to-make-your-own-organic-potting-soil

If you have any questions let me know.

So I don't have spider mites? Some of the leaves show signs of it. All I got to do is just transplant into a better soil mix?

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
You Must feed that plant.

It can occupy the existing pot for a bit.

Get some NPK nutes and feed it quarter strength and monitor the lower fan leaves to see if they green up.

Don't forget to Ph your solution after adding nutes, 6.0 should be fine

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Don't transplant yet, get your plant healthy first, transplanting will stress it out, remember your plant is "ALIVE" make it healthy so it can handle the transplant and make it out the other end alright.

Peace

You Must feed that plant.

It can occupy the existing pot for a bit.

Get some NPK nutes and feed it quarter strength and monitor the lower fan leaves to see if they green up.

Don't forget to Ph your solution after adding nutes, 6.0 should be fine

Peace

I started feeding them Fox Farm Nutrients. I pulled some of the yellow leaves out, is that a no no?

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Well I usually wait till they look terminal but if it was the lower ones it shouldn't matter that much in the long run.

Just make sure the branches you want buds on leave the fan leaves alone.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Cool Man don't worry to much these plants have been looking after themselves for thousands of years, usually newbs overwater overfeed and over attend to there plants, you will see with some experience you will know what they need and you will be able to relax a bit ;)

Peace

surfguitar

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Not really, from that site get these,
http://homehardware.ca/en/rec/index...emium-Perlite-Soil/_/N-ntlmy/R-I5053185?Num=0

http://homehardware.ca/en/rec/index...mpressed-Peat-Moss/_/N-ntlmy/R-I5053149?Num=0

http://homehardware.ca/en/rec/index...dust-Compost/_/N-ntlmy/No-72/R-I5053030?Num=0

If it's a store front ask if they have pure calcium carbonate, if not order some of that or oyster shell flour. Much better options than dolo lime.

This will give you a pretty solid base mix to work with.

Home hardware, home owners helping home owners.

Peace