What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cockroaches

N

Neville H.

Well, I have an infestation of cockroaches in the building. Found one in the flower room today just before the lights came on. Was wondering if anyone has experience with roaches in the garden, and did they effect your grow.

i havent had experience with roaches in the room. But i would still say put some traps just to be on the safe side. Roaches eat just about anything.

have never heard of a roach problem in a grow. boric acid kills them dead, its a powder draw a parimeter and theyl die crossing the line.

P

PermaBuzz

throw some diatomicious earth around the floors, containers etc.

also try sticky cards with beer bait. make the bait by filling a tiny cup filled with beer and bread. place the bait cup on the middle of the sticky card.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i had worst roach prob i ever saw, thought it would cost me 5000 and a whole house bomb, i spent like 30 bucks on the plug in electronic bug things, like 3 of those and roach motel traps, man shit worked wonders , i havent seen a roach in over 2 years no

JoJoDancer

Lay a couple of gnat strips on the floor between your pots. Catch gnats, roaches and the spiders that where chasing em..

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I mixed the boric acid with some sugar and loosely wrapped it in a small piece of foil and then set them under appliances, in cabinets (not near eating utensils) under sinks..etc.....got rid of a very bad roach problem..Wasn't growing at that time tho. good luck...

M

mexilandrace

my neighbors are gross and I got roaches from them, i put diatomicious earth down when I went out of town for a couple weeks came back and haven't seen a roach since.

been about 6 months I guess.

xlatit

good luck with that problem man, I saw a bugger outside my place right as I came in. I'd recommend you get the bombs that seemed to help my place once. Be sure to move your plants before and clean up afterward though. Prevention is really key; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.