What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

back from vacation with 5 600hps and some pretty weeds

AtomicBetty

Hi guys. It's been awhile since I had a good grow going but I started this latest baby up in May and it seems to be going pretty well so I thought I'd share.:woohoo:

I've got 5 600hps sunmaster bulbs in there, air cooled. There are 35 lovely Strawberry Diesel and Sour Queen ladies growing healthy and happy right now. My medium is promix, and this time around I am giving Fox Farm a run, using their whole line including micronutes. I had been using Botanicare on my previous grows but I started to develop some kind of funky skin reaction. Yich. Anyhoo, on to the pictures.

Sorry they're not better, I'm no photographer! One more thing to learn on this wild journey. :joint:

Last edited:

Mist

Very nice setup Betty. Always nice to see women growing. When my wife and I split up for a while she wanted to grow on her own so I taught her how and she did great. Now we are back together and we do much of it together which never happened when we were together before unless I needed her to hold something for me.
You look like you have it going on there. And Fox Farm ROCKS! Give the Tiger Bloom a try. The results will freak you out.

Grow on girl!!

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Hey AB, welcome back...
ooh yeah, I will b watching this grow closely. I love strawberry strains.
Good luck and all the best for your grow.

Peace:respect:

AtomicBetty

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.

I popped down last night to find some mites on the underside of some big mama jammas and I am all bummed! I even did a trifecta of bombs in the first 1.5 weeks of flower to just kick those little bastids asses, but alas, they're totally my worst room-enemy. I know I'm not the only one.. ;)

Hopefully I can stave them off with crushing and maybe water spray -- I'm just too late to hit up the einstein oil. Boo.

*squish squish squish*

I'm expecting to see some little ambering hairs this week. As soon as I spot them I'll up with the pictures!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the mites Betty. I fought with those bastards for 2 grows a few years ago, and it wasn't much fun. Finally had to kill off the garden and start over fresh.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Mist

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.

I popped down last night to find some mites on the underside of some big mama jammas and I am all bummed! I even did a trifecta of bombs in the first 1.5 weeks of flower to just kick those little bastids asses, but alas, they're totally my worst room-enemy. I know I'm not the only one.. ;)

Hopefully I can stave them off with crushing and maybe water spray -- I'm just too late to hit up the einstein oil. Boo.

*squish squish squish*

I'm expecting to see some little ambering hairs this week. As soon as I spot them I'll up with the pictures!

The best thing I have ever used for spidermites has been Safers Insecticidal soap. It is no toxic to humans but kills the hell out of those little bastards. I spent 8 hours in a greenhouse with 50 plants and probably that times a million mites and after spraying the top and bottom of every leaf they were never seen again. I swear by that stuff!!

AtomicBetty

Changed my bulbs today, I know it's weird in the middle of the cycle, but you know, smoke if you got em, and I got em today, so woot!

Everything is going great really, I am keeping the critters at bay to some degree -- I am gonna check out that Safer soap, too, thanks for the tip!!

Here, though, is what I am really here for. The pix!

:yeahthats:

ab.

BudMarLeY

nice garden :D

im happy to see mainers keeping the growing alive

im currently working on my own grow right now but nothing good enough to post

its under a few CFL's

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
looking good.
How's that CO2 working out for you? You know if you want to kill those bugs just pump up your CO2 for a few hours and it will choke those bastards..
there is some more info on that on here somewhere.

AtomicBetty

my co2 has been out of commission for this whole cycle. it's been a real bitch too because it's the best cycle I have had in a while and I just feel like if my generator had been pumping, the fat nugs would be even fatter. Of course.
But! All that is behind me now. The bomb ass people at my grow store helped me out big time and I should have the machine up and running tonight. Maybe it will give it a little boost these last few weeks, help 'em bulk up like I like to see.
I'll be down on the photos again later tonight. Till then, peace out all you beautiful folks. <3

:joint:
ab.

KarMic

Props on your grow AB!!

I too use ProMix, and have also had to deal with mites. I'm using a spray called Fungicide 3. It claims to be safe to use on fruits and veggies, I haven't sprayed any on flowering plants though. No sign spider-mites for weeks now.

AtomicBetty

I just have to say that I am STILL missing a part on my damn co2generator and I am extremely frusterated and I feel like a douchebag idiot for not *checking the box* when I was standing there at the grow store. These people have wicked jumped through hoops for me on this thing, I can not even fucking imagine being like, you know what, still broken. Still missing a part. You think you could hook me up? Again? Still? Bah. :fsu:

Blargh. $1500 fucking doorstop.

That is all.

I will be happier after I can go sit under the lights for awhile, I imagine. Boo.

ab.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup Betty.
Everything looks great in here. Strawberry D is some excellent smoke

Good Luck

MARLO

AtomicBetty

woop woop my 50th post! someone PM me so I feel loved. Haha. :)

woop woop my 50th post! someone PM me so I feel loved. Haha. :)

it's been a frusterating day in the garden. I feel like everyone is a little roasted on the tips and I'm all kinds of fed up with the co2 generator bullshit. :wallbash:

I don't know what I am going to do about it yet, I don't know if I can bring myself to call the shop. we've been hacking at this problem for a month and I am just all kinds of bullshit about it right now.
BUT! Pictures! Woop! :)

my expensive fuckin doorstop:

So my room is getting essentially no co2. Any tips on something I could do to fatten these babys up, or is it too late in the cycle to do much?

Sleepy

Veteran
wow, they look great!!

sorry, i don't know anything about CO2.

can't you take all of the parts back and ask them what piece you are missing?

AtomicBetty

I dropped 40 bucks at the hardware store and got the hookup for my co2generator. I am going to hook that baby up in a few hours. Somebody light some damn nag and say a prayer, cause that's what we're going with on this one.
:bashhead:

I know there's a thousand threads on guano here, too, but I have just started amending with it and I'd like to know what kind of results folks have seen in their own gardens when adding it on to an already established nute system. It's NPK seems generally irrelevant, so we'll see. Yum.

:joint:
ab.