What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 watt light fixture suggestion

So I’m working with a 6 ft ceiling. Pretty short. Initially I was going to purchase the adjust a wings but at the time they were sold out. I had to settle for the econo wings which are poorly designed. The light just travels wherever it pleases. My plants looked great but the colas were small and not dense. I’ve had success with 600w and I understand 1000w will provide a larger yield bigger buds etc but I don’t have the ceiling or cooling for them. I think a DE 600w might be too hot or maybe not.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’ve read mixed reviews for cmh during flowering and leds would be too expensive.

SICE

same here. ive been trying to find some examples. from what i see 630w cmh might be a bit too much under 6" on the tent.

looks like there is a hot spot under the lights

anyone done this

MoS

How about a cooltube, and some seriously good exhaust system, and of course a remote ballast.

600 watt HPS gets damn hot, as you mention, but with the above mentioned things you should be able to make it work, plus plenty of passive intakes.

Have a god day...

Latest posts

Latest posts