What's new

Ordering seeds

sherm

Hi everyone ,is there anywhere to order seeds from in the us without having to worry about the corona virus and the order going threw the mail. Where to order seeds from ?? I

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I do not know Sherm. I tried a seedbank in California several times and did not have much luck with their gear.

Im'One

I like oregon elite, or next generation from canada.I havent ordered since this all came about. My last order was from kwikseeds but i dont think im gonna order any landraces for a while

T

TakenByTheSky

I got 3 orders before coronavirus got really bad. The thing is the last few days I've read about a few postal workers having corona at the local post office so I'd say anywhere you order from within the US or foreign is going to come with a certain level of risk but no more than the normal bills and junk mail that's already in your mail box every day.

One more thing to consider, I have read that the USPS is in rough financial shape right now due to the lower mail volume and they might have to shut down by June without government help.

If you're going to order for a grow soon may not want to wait much longer. Things may get worse before they get better.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
If you're going to order for a grow soon may not want to wait much longer. Things may get worse before they get better.

One large company in the UK is not able to ship any strains currently held in Spain (which is a lot!) as that country is in serious lockdown.

Fitzera

One large company in the UK is not able to ship any strains currently held in Spain (which is a lot!) as that country is in serious lockdown.

Hmm itll be interesting to see which banks and "breeders" run out of stock because they buy white label seed from spain.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Let me ask. Are you opening you every day mail?

Not worried about that? :hide:

CaptainDankness

Hi everyone ,is there anywhere to order seeds from in the us without having to worry about the corona virus and the order going threw the mail. Where to order seeds from ?? I
Well they're going to be coming through the mail if you order seeds. Only other option is to visit a legal state or if you knew someone.

Just wear gloves or wash your hands really good afer opening the package. Though I do wonder if some seedbanks are going to temporarily close over the virus, I'd be trying to place an order sooner than later, as it's supposed to get worse.

Thankfully I have enough seeds to last the apocalypse and 2 clone onlys. They are regular seeds too so I don't need any chemicals to make more seed. :woohoo:

bigAl25

Veteran
I used Great Lakes Genetics in Michigan and I'm really happy with their products and service. There is no way to not worry about covid19. Use gloves and wipe down mailings and wash hands after contact. You can also let the package sit for a few days and the virus will die if it was on the package in the first place. We let our groceries, except fridge stuff and frozen stuff, sit for a day or two, then put them away. Do the same thing with your seed order and you should be OK. Listen to Dr. Fauci, not Trump for good advice on this issue and concern.

G

Although exposing items to sunlight is not the end all be all, it would be beneficial to put non-perishables in the sun for a few hours...

djav59

Dont worry about virus just worry about even getting order, and not getting burnt.
Even with some states legal its still more BS than when it was illegal.
ILGM does a very good job here in the states .
As for Europe its difficult as I have tried since December to get some stock form there.
Some companies may be legit but the ones Ive been trying to deal with seem less than above board.
As far as online buying BB .com, and Strainly I wouldn't even waste my time it just kidz and thieves .

djav59

Oh ya as far as GB or Euro companies RSC is very reputable.

I highly recommend them.
Other companies should pay attention .

Thank You Angus.

djav59

Really what escapes me is why they advertise so much and promote in the US but they cant ship or accept payments or some other such nonsense .

Im'One

Really what escapes me is why they advertise so much and promote in the US but they cant ship or accept payments or some other such nonsense .
Real seeds company has a division called Kwikseeds that ships to usa

troutman

Seed Whore
Although exposing items to sunlight is not the end all be all, it would be beneficial to put non-perishables in the sun for a few hours...

I wouldn't bother exposing my seeds to sunlight. Viruses can't live without a host for too long. Even if a seed was
covered with a virus and you put that seed in refrigeration for a month. I highly doubt the virus would still be alive.
Just use gloves to germinate if you're worried.

Scrappy-doo

I've ordered from a bunch of different places over the last month. Zero issues with any of them. I have no reservations ordering from any seed banks in the US. Unless usps closes down, there is no reason for there to be anything other than business as usual. Also, you can always ask the breeder directly on IG as many of them are on there.

djav59

Kwik Seeds is great that is what I was referring to.
I thought we weren't supposed to use vendor names here.

djav59

I dont understand how your ordering from GB when they cant accept debit or credit and bit coin from my experience doesn't even work.