What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RED or GREEN, It’s going to be SWEET

imakandi

hello tygre, ladies looking good!
how many bulb you use and watt/color? you grow in coco only? coco ferts? i didnt find that information before

with led, my experiance is: empty tent for seedling, is a little yellow growth in beginning. but if sprout in tent with other plants, growth is much better. maybe less light and more humid. regardless after 4th node is always nice green

sometime i write in micro grow section, no diary :)
you are top grower, if my babies go a little like you, it will be good
thank for sharing
sorry to english, try learn quick :)

SweetApolo

Hi Tiger!

Oh yeah! The plants are growing very well.

Some rebel cotyledon, but nothing to worry about. :)

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

El Tigre

hello tygre, ladies looking good!
how many bulb you use and watt/color? you grow in coco only? coco ferts? i didnt find that information before

with led, my experiance is: empty tent for seedling, is a little yellow growth in beginning. but if sprout in tent with other plants, growth is much better. maybe less light and more humid. regardless after 4th node is always nice green

sometime i write in micro grow section, no diary :)
you are top grower, if my babies go a little like you, it will be good
thank for sharing
sorry to english, try learn quick :)

Now I'm using 4 x 13w 2700k + 1 x 10w 4000k.
These bulbs are pretty old and i could buy a new set soon. Being led now more efficient, i think i'll low slightly the total wattage.
I grow in soil, i use moderately biobizz nutes.

Hi Tiger!

Oh yeah! The plants are growing very well.

Some rebel cotyledon, but nothing to worry about. :)

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Hey Apolo! Plants are happy.
I hope that the rebel cotyledon is a sign of their wild temperament when you smoke them :biggrin:

At the end of the day, every grower is a rebel in a some way!!

El Tigre

DAY 5

DAY 5

BS on the left - CM on the right
picture.php

Last edited:

El Tigre

DAY 6

DAY 6

Today when I opened the tent there was one of the Bloody Skunk who was lying on the soil. She won a tutor and was pressed to the ground.
All the plants are doing well, even after less than a week from the sprout they show some of the unique characteristics of each individual and this is rather cool.
For now we have the fallin' Bloody Skunk (up left), the freaky Cream Mandarine (up right). Both plants on the down side have a more regular grow pattern at the moment.
The picture without lights is for looking at the real color of the leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Hey, cool beans! ;) I'm looking forward to this one. I've never grown an auto. What is the competition though could you explain about how that works?

Can I ask why all the warm spectrum at this stage?

subbed.

El Tigre

You should try an auto grow once, even for fun.
It's just.. different! And they are so fast.
For me that i have a ridiculous small space for my weed supply is very effective.
I can go perpetual or even do the "combo" with some photo dependent ones using the last part of the flowering of the automatics for vegetating them.

About the competition: there is a thread here in the Sweet Seeds sub forum with a ton of rules, if you have time you can read it. Basically it's about doing a grow diary with their strains and finish it by next May, if you do a good job you can win some prizes in cash or seeds. They even provide some free seeds to join the competition,if you ask.

I don't think that light spectrum is so important, especially in tiny spaces. I mean it has some influence, but light intensity is the real matter.
When i bought my tent at the time, i invested for some 23W 6400K CFLs for the vegetative. I used once, then switched to the LED and never looked back (I have those CFL lamps here at home unused).
So I'm using what i had, 4 x 13W 2700K + 1 x 10W 5000K.
Lamps are old and less performing than nowadays lamps.
I plan to change lights soon. I have to options but i can't decide:
1 - 4 x 11W 3000K + 1 x 13W 3000K (straight 3000K)
2 - 4 x 11W 3000K + 1 x 12,5W 6500K (mixed spectrum)
Whatever combination i choose, will run permanently though.

El Tigre

DAY 7

DAY 7

And so the first week passed, the freaky CM became jealous of the neighbor and threw herself on the ground as well.
I'm an understanding guy and I gave her a tutor.

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
You should try an auto grow once, even for fun.
It's just.. different! And they are so fast.

About the competition: there is a thread here in the Sweet Seeds sub forum with a ton of rules, if you have time you can read it. Basically it's about doing a grow diary with their strains and finish it by next May, if you do a good job you can win some prizes in cash or seeds. They even provide some free seeds to join the competition,if you ask.

I plan to change lights soon. I have to options but i can't decide:
1 - 4 x 11W 3000K + 1 x 13W 3000K (straight 3000K)
2 - 4 x 11W 3000K + 1 x 12,5W 6500K (mixed spectrum)
Whatever combination i choose, will run permanently though.

One of these days I'll try out some auto's. That competition sounds cool! I'd try to join if I wasn't limited by plant numbers :\

Personally I'd go with option number two. Even if adding the little bit extra blue spectrum in there only 'seems' like it keeps nodes just a touch tighter or 'seems' like it makes an extra one or two resin glands appear... It couldn't hurt right? Just my opinion.

I'm excited to watch your auto's do their thing. Sorry if I missed you say it earlier but will you have the lights on 24 hours the whole time? or... that's what ppl do with autos right? or will you give them a few sleepy time hours?

Happy growing my man.

El Tigre

My timer is set on 18/6. I like to give plants some rest, i trust it is physiologically useful.
I tried also 20/4, but not seeing dramatic increases in speed or yield, I decided to save some electricity.

El Tigre

DAY 8

DAY 8

Daily update! Nothing to mention a part that i like to turn the plants periodically, changing exposure to light will certainly not be harmful, but perhaps it will help.
Starke in the micro grows sub forum and also other users are using automatic rotating plates under the pots!

picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 9

DAY 9

Plants are growing fast, but the best for now is the "regular" CM.
At today the only one that have shown a root outside the bottom of the pot.

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

Healthy plants here :woohoo:

:tiphat:

Looking like happy plants :tiphat:
Hi guys! Thanks for passing through
I'm really enjoying this competition! I'm trying to update frequently and this fix my daily check to the plants and permit to follow very close the development of each of them.
Looking at your works is also cool, bibi almost at the end and mr brunch at the beginning... let's have fun!:tiphat: