What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Purple Project (Buckeye Purple x Tropicana Cookies F2)

Waka

Hello and welcome to my next project. With this project my goal is to create a consistent purple strain and try to increase the potency. The Buckeye Purple cut I have test in at 14.83% THC. I wanted to take another purple strain to see if it will be possible to increase the THC but also keep the rich purple the buckeye provides. Follow along this journey to see what I can uncover.

I'm currently collecting pollen from the Tropicana Cookies male and will hand pollinate the Buckeye Purple in 3 weeks. Expect seeds in about 9 to 10 weeks. Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy the journey.

Mother: Buckeye Purple
picture.php

Father: Tropicana Cookies F2
picture.php

Loving Parents
picture.php

GreenMajyk

ima liking your style, i have a similar agenda, were lucky to snag one of the last Buckeye Purple packs, also have Rare Dankness Rare Darkness, CSI Humboldt Purple Urkle, GDP & Norstars Purple Mayhem to be crossed together for a nice potent colorful outcome!

GreenMajyk

2 previous purp crosses
on left Cannaventure Pure Rasberry Kush x Mosca C99 x Cannaventure Barney Rubble
on right GDP x Mosca C99
both are A grade in flavor, potency & bag appeal, yields are medium

GreenMajyk

sorry my error
on left are Cannaventure Pure Raspberry Kush x Mosca C99 x Cannarado Barney Rubble(Orange Cookies x FPOG)

Waka

Collected the pollen today and will be storing it in the fridge until it comes time to pollinate in a few weeks.

picture.php

Waka

should turn out the gas! another good purp type are Thugpugs Tang Breath(Tropicana x Mendobreath F2)
the days of pretty purp types with no real power are gone!

I hope so! Didn't even know ThugPug crossed the MTN cut with his Mendorbreath Male. Sounds amazing! I just came into possession of the MTN cut so I might do a project with that as well. Would be interesting to take the buckeye purple x trop cookies F2 and cross that back to the MTN cut. O the possibilities :hotbounce

GreenMajyk

I hope so! Didn't even know ThugPug crossed the MTN cut with his Mendorbreath Male. Sounds amazing! I just came into possession of the MTN cut so I might do a project with that as well. Would be interesting to take the buckeye purple x trop cookies F2 and cross that back to the MTN cut. O the possibilities :hotbounce
worth a try, cant go wrong i reckon!

Waka

Today was day 28 in flower and decided to pollinate. I used pollen that was collected on 01.02.20 and stored in the fridge, a cotton swab was used as the applicator. Should expect seeds between February 11th-February 18th.

Mama with a nice dusting and a few hairs thrown in for good measure :biggrin:
picture.php

marmarb

I think quite a few pple are trying this same thing talked to mel told me she's not sure if she's gonna make more seeds of buckeye purple so you got this going st a good time. I was able to get 15 packs of here grab 5 packs of buckeye purple will do a open pollination soon. Good luck hunting with your strain with thoes parents I'm sure you'll make out nicely.

For those looking glg have buckeye packs for 125 pretty sure the packs are limited.

Last edited:

Waka

I have to unfortunately postpone this project. I came down with the flu and was not home to take care of my plants and they wilted away. I have everything backed up in an aero cloner so the project is not dead, just delayed. Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to seeing the cross but I will be back soon enough.

To Marmarb good luck in your open pollination and keeping the Buckeye Purple going. Even though it doesn't test the highest in THC it's still mine and my groups favorite to toke on. It doesn't crush you into submission and lets you still enjoy the day peacefully.

marmarb

Thanks I just got over the flu last month type b shit was serious just pick up when you get well health is wealth peace

Waka

Going to be starting this project up again. Just transplanted a Buckeye Purple clone from the aero cloner into a 1 gallon coco pot. I'll give it a week to build its root system then I'll put it into flower. I have 4 vials of pollen left in the fridge so I got plenty to pollinate this plant with.

Waka

Just applied pollen via qtip to the female buckeye purple. Same pollen was used as last time. First it was the flu that stopped me and now COVID-19 is out to get me lol.

Waka

I left the buckeye purple isolated for a day after pollinating, sprayed it down with distilled water a day later, let the water dry and placed it back into the flowering room. Should be ready in about 5-6 weeks.