Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2019, 03:40 AM #3581
Sticky Sat

Sticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud of
Everytime i drop by on this great thread it's like stepping in a magic world...

I'm always amazed by your skills and results guys... Congratulations to all of you and many thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge...

A great week end to all !

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:14 PM #3582
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

bugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivor

got some fresh shucks how long should i let them dry out before i use them?
should i swet the weed in a bag first?
im ready to try this out

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:08 PM #3583
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Good on you for giving this a go you can use them straight away as they are now or dry them a day, its easier if they are still soft and pliable.
The buds can be sweated with or without the maize skin with the skin is more traditional thats all the results will be similar.
The most important thing is the sweat and cure both should be done in an air free environment eg vacuum sealed to prevent mold forming.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 PM #3584
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

bugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivor

i used some larf buds to try this out.
it was a little harder than i though rolling in the corn shucks ,& tieing them up lol

Old 03-06-2019, 07:25 AM #3585
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman52 View Post
View Image View Image View Image
i used some larf buds to try this out.
it was a little harder than i though rolling in the corn shucks ,& tieing them up lol
Good luck on your first try,you're soon to discover how smooth are both the high and the taste.As for corn husks i clean and dry them under the sun,this way i just have to rehydrate them when needed as i can't find untreated corn husks year round.
Big Nasty is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:18 PM #3586
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

well my first attemp at cob tieing faled, it got white PM but smell real sweet.
pm is a problem here so no big disapoinment, ill try again ,man did i say it smelt real nice

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 PM #3587
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman52 View Post
View Image
well my first attemp at cob tieing faled, it got white PM but smell real sweet.
pm is a problem here so no big disapoinment, ill try again ,man did i say it smelt real nice
Hi my friend did you vacuum seal them?
If not thats why you got mold you def need to vacuum seal them.
Still only larf so no great loss.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 PM #3588
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
Not all is lost with a bit mold of the exterior, run a flame over the exterior of the cob, enough to kill the mold but not enough to darken, brown or burn the cob, then wrap and reseal. As Tangwena said vacuum seal them or you can wrap/roll very tightly in two x 12" x 12" pieces of Saran wrap. I find that really densely/tightly rolled/wrapped cobs work best when wrapped in kitchen sealing wrap. You need to wrap them as tight as possible so there is a minimum of air.

To make really dense, heavy cobs I re-roll them 3 or so times in parchment paper used for baking when I first make them, roll them on a flat surface Each time you roll them up, use something cylindrical with a square cut end to push in each end so the cob will end up with square cut ends (I just prefer them like this) Each time the cob is re-rolled it will become a little tighter, firmer, thinner and denser. I used to use string, but now just wrap in parchment and twist the ends, these are so dense that they hold their form without the need for string.

When I put the cobs on 40C heat for 18~ 24 hours, I wrap the parchment rolled cobs in the kitchen wrap, really tightly then into two separate rolled up sealed sandwich bags as you do not want them to dry out during the heat stage (which can happen if not vacuum sealed).

Then the cobs are opened and air dried, re-wrapped tightly in two layers of cling wrap . Tighter the wrap the better to remove as much air as possible to get as close as you can to a vacuumed cob. Stretch the wrap and pull it tightly and fold the ends in, it should be pulled almost tight enough to break the wrap. Open every day or 2 and air dry if cold damp, then reseal to allow it to become a cob, but never let the cob 'dry" out at any time for the first 30 ~ 40 days or fermentation won't occur or cease happening.

Happy cobbing!

Last edited by Fermented; 03-15-2019 at 02:59 PM..
Fermented is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM #3589
Thule
Dr. Narrowleaf

Thule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to all
I'd try water curing. Mold toxins are water soluble so I sometimes just soak (lightly) moldy buds for a few days to get rid of unwanted stuff. That's a double cure for you.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 PM #3590
Mick

Mick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant future
I used fresh corn leafs and they work great. They're going to get wet anyway.
A bamboo sushi roller makes it super easy to roll the herb into any density you want.
Mick is offline Quote