Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > new medical proposal in Tennessee

Thread Title Search
new medical proposal in Tennessee Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 AM #1
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up new medical proposal in Tennessee

a new medical cannabis bill has been introduced here in Tennessee. brought up by two Republicans (yes, REPUBLICANS!) the bill would authorize whole plant use including flowers such as those we all love to smoke. kudos to Sen. Janice Bowling from Tullahoma and Rep. Ron Travis from Dayton. one farmer from Sequatchie County showed up to applaud & support the proposal, saying "some of the best cannabis in the world has been grown in Tennessee over the last 40 or 50 years. i need to be growing it..." the bill would authorize 24 facilities statewide, 12 urban & 12 rural, all of which would be vertically integrated. Doctors would not write prescriptions, thereby protecting their medical licenses from the feds, but merely issue cards that patients could use at dispensaries if they had qualifying conditions. not surprisingly, two of the more vocal opponents are former pharmacists intent on keeping the stranglehold that Big Pharma currently has on sick people in need of help.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:48 AM #2
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
a new medical cannabis bill has been introduced here in Tennessee. brought up by two Republicans (yes, REPUBLICANS!) the bill would authorize whole plant use including flowers such as those we all love to smoke. kudos to Sen. Janice Bowling from Tullahoma and Rep. Ron Travis from Dayton. one farmer from Sequatchie County showed up to applaud & support the proposal, saying "some of the best cannabis in the world has been grown in Tennessee over the last 40 or 50 years. i need to be growing it..." the bill would authorize 24 facilities statewide, 12 urban & 12 rural, all of which would be vertically integrated. Doctors would not write prescriptions, thereby protecting their medical licenses from the feds, but merely issue cards that patients could use at dispensaries if they had qualifying conditions. not surprisingly, two of the more vocal opponents are former pharmacists intent on keeping the stranglehold that Big Pharma currently has on sick people in need of help.
Home growing has to be included in any legislation.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:33 AM #3
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Home growing has to be included in any legislation.
no, it doesn't. it is to be worked toward in the future however. first, we get the boot of the law off of the neck of the sick. i keep saying this, but it is unpopular -"YOU WILL NOT GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT THE FIRST, SECOND, OR PROBABLY EVEN THE THIRD TIME AROUND!" it is ridiculous to turn down "much better" because it is not "perfect". if medical is legal, then patients are safe from prosecution. the law cannot tell legal weed from black market weed. right now there are folks here growing illegally to help the sick. that won't change when the sick are not going to jail for possession.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
For Tennessee citizens who do home grow Cannabis (20 plants or less), what penalties does the state try to impose ?

Old 02-10-2019, 06:54 PM #5
dddaver

dddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond repute
The new cannabis czar Florida just hired to oversee here was Tennessee's. She will be overseeing the hemp cultivation program here too.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM #6
armedoldhippy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
For Tennessee citizens who do home grow Cannabis (20 plants or less), what penalties does the state try to impose ?
well, they aint hanged anyone in years, lol. if you are not selling, it (normally) gets plea-bargained down to possession & that is a $750 fine, 11-29 suspended, and probation for a year with $45 fees each month (that was my case every time. fees may have gone up), with expungement at the end if you did not resist arrest, call them pigs, & shout at the judge "i'll GET you for this, motherfucker!"

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 PM #7
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
Better outcome than I would expect , especially with more than one.
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2019, 08:32 PM #8
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Duak
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
well, they aint hanged anyone in years, lol. if you are not selling, it (normally) gets plea-bargained down to possession & that is a $750 fine, 11-29 suspended, and probation for a year with $45 fees each month (that was my case every time. fees may have gone up), with expungement at the end if you did not resist arrest, call them pigs, & shout at the judge "i'll GET you for this, motherfucker!"

Duly noted
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 AM #9
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
you take the steps that you can take
every state is different, be wonderful if we could all have what much of the west coast has
but that's not the hand we're all dealt

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 AM #10
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to behold
I agree, a good medical program would be a great start. It will raise the minimum for the police to fuck with. With a qualifying condition I would think it would be unlikely that you would be prosecuted for a personnel grow, I bet they would just take your stuff if discovered and then only if a someone complained. The cbd market is helping as well. Either way I will take care of my family and friends. I follow just and fair laws.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.