What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

S

shogun

i was gifted some cheese bud unsure which cut it was from but i have insomnia and slept like a log that night first cpl of draws i felt an instant body warmth & had to sit down then the head buzz kicked in was amazing & it would have been my 24/7 smoke bloody lurvly..excellent post pollen thanx for sharing...

Adrift

Veteran
someone say cheeeesE?

someone say cheeeesE?

picture.php

a little cheese for you cheese heads!!! haha

this stuff is so seriously strong, that i use it like a pharmaceutical drug.. loll

i usually only smoke cheese if im in pain or had a VERY hard day!
this stuff just kicks my ass to hard! haha :joint: pce!

señorsloth

Veteran
lol methinks the thread starter should have spell checked his first post! the word "intestinally" shows up several times instead of "intentionally", "sail" instead of "sale"... it's kinda hilarious! i think it's funny that people still claim cheese is uk only clone...how could that be possible...somebody had to have mailed a cut at least once in the last 30 years...thinking like that resembles Christians thinking this is the only speck of life in this nearly infinite universe...after this many years it has to have leaked across...maybe cheese just isn't all it's cracked up to be compared to usa clone onlys and strains, sooo many of the best strains were created here, despite the huuuuge head-start they had over the pond and the advantage of being able to do it almost legally in some parts...

RudeDog

Veteran
senorsloth...think you misunderstood what has been said in this thread....People don't claim it to be UK only....It is clone only, you are incorporating the UK Clone Only thread into your head.

señorsloth

Veteran
no i didn't missunderstand, i'm not debating the history of the clone, i am EXTREMELY interested in the history of pot, the black market has muddled the details so much that it's really a hunt and peck type situation, ive read just about every article i can find on hash making regions like morrocco or nepal and the origins of most of the big strains and clone onlys... cheese is the oldest known elite, or clone for that matter that still exists today and i was very happy to learn more about it's origins.

ive never been in the uk clone only thread because i don't live in the uk, i think i just came across the reference to it "never making it to usa" while shopping for genetics these past 2 weeks, and i think it was mentioned in a magazine i was reading as well. i wasn't trying to change the subject, just to say that it seems a bit odd that people would assume it never made it over here, that i find it almost as interesting as the controversy of where cheese came from...

so why is this thread over 2 years old and only 5 pages long? did somebody resurrect it? ive grown skunk #1 long ago as freebie seeds, to this day i have a hard time convincing people skunk #1 doesn't smell super strong! how does cheese compare in potency to other strains, or was it just picked for it's strong smell/taste?

Clive

I thinks its over rated mate to be honest much better out their, the history of it from what iv read is that a cannabis activist bloke called Mark planted some skunk number 1 on his border one came up that was better than all the others and called it cheese because of the stink. Nothing special its just hype and gossip make people want it.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I thinks its over rated mate to be honest much better out their, the history of it from what iv read is that a cannabis activist bloke called Mark planted some skunk number 1 on his border one came up that was better than all the others and called it cheese because of the stink. Nothing special its just hype and gossip make people want it.

The story posted on page 4 from "Wing commander Blue" is quite different to the other widely accepted story out there from someone who lived 10 miles up the road from Haz Manor, accidentally took the right cut from 10 females, ran it with mates for a couple of years, "Cheese" was a codemane for stinky weed... eventually he got dragged to an Exodus rave and then shared it with them.

Not really a surprise to see other people claiming it was theirs. I know Jaap from HGF and he said "their Dutch" cheese was similar, but different to the Exodus cut.

Plenty of UK "Exodus Cheese" cuts are really Cheese bagseed crosses, inc the Brightside cut many thought was the original. The original is so stinky that most crosses are pretty spectacularly stinky. Most weed on the UK domestic market is not grown that well, but even half grown Cheese stinks way more than any other weed, so it became a legend, IMO. Some people are bored with it, familiarity breeds contempt, but everybody I have shared it with here raves about it for years.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I got 3 cuts of the Exodus Cheese, thank you brother ;), and i must say that they are making me believe the Hype.
I will try to take some shots later on.

SuperConductor

Veteran
it would have been my 24/7 smoke bloody lurvly..

it is bloody lovely but it's not a 24/7 smoke due to ridiculously quick tolerance build up. Cheese is definitely a marmite of cannabis, you either love it or hate it. I loved it but not too devastated about losing it as it's jail bait on a stick. Don't see anywhere where anyone claims it's a uk only clone. It's a clone only from the uk.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo chaoscatalunya

as far as im concerned the brightside cut is the true cheese cut

ive tried most of the members from the uk who say they have the real cheese and have not found a beter cheese here or in amsterdam

ive found fruity cheese and alot of cheese that remind me of bluecheese as they are more of a fruity cheese(still dank) but to me the brightside has not the fruity edge and just stank cheese

so for the record i belive the brightside cheese to be the real deal

any of you got a beter cheese im all ears

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
ojd, have you grown the suicide cheese? I grew her out a few times last year and was amazed with the flavour and yield, she is a monster yielder with vertical lighting and coco run to waste. Sadlly I lost her, it's the only strain that I still kick myself over losing. She had more of a lime/lemon smell than the exo cheese, top class grass all the way.

HGO

yo chaoscatalunya

ive tried most of the members from the uk who say they have the real cheese and have not found a beter cheese here or in amsterdam

ive found fruity cheese and alot of cheese that remind me of bluecheese as they are more of a fruity cheese(still dank) but to me the brightside has not the fruity edge and just stank cheese

peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It'll be Holligan cheese and BB cheese (big ben) not to be confused blueberry cheese...gotta try the highland cheese next!

:laughing:

It's UK OG...hehehe...!!!

Have any pics ojd?

dank.Frank

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hundred gram oz

im prety sure i tried that cut(not grown it smoked it)of peesh

very nice stuff

sounds like a good cut

the brightside can get some nice yields if grown well 5-6 oz is easily achieved with an extra veg

dank frank

i dont have any pics on hand but truecanabliss has pictures around of the brightside cut and im sure in his gallery

il try and get truecanabliss to post some pics in this thread for info

it would be nice if we could get pics of all the diferent cheese cut in this thread

peace

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Some Suicide Cheese Pictures

Some Suicide Cheese Pictures

The Suicide Cheese Cut.

In Veg

Nearly finished flower stretch, just before the trim. She's very vigorous, the Suicide is around the bulb to the left.

She Grows very viney so you will need to tie her up.

Roots

Some Bud Shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some Harvest Shots

picture.php

picture.php

The yield from 6 plants

picture.php

picture.php

The suicide cut is my favourite, she grows very fast and has a fair stretch. She grows very viney so you will need to be ready for that, I honestly thought she was crap because of the way she grows, viney with small weak branching but I was wrong.

Once she finishes her flower stretch and starts putting on weight it's a different story, she is very pugent with skunky, cheesey and some lime in there to for sure. She flowers for 11 weeks but I took mine down at 9 weeks and the smoke was AAA+, I only got to grow her twice before I lost her. She is in my top 5 for sure.

picture.php

HGO

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics n info

trimmed up she looks like the brightside but on the plant quite diferent looking
if i remeber correctly the cheese i smoke of the suicide was more cheesey than fruity tasting,was some nice stuff for sure
i hope you get it back mate its always a real bitch when a strain gets lost
i can only think of the 1's over the years ive lost
nl5haze oh man that was some of the best weed i ever had
id pay crazy $ to get that cut back or the old greenhouse ssh cut

so what is your top 5

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
ojd thank you my man.

Everyone loved the suicide, she has a very addictive aroma that is hard to pin, mass amounts of cheese but very slight lime and lemon undertone's that sharpens up the smell and adds a beautiflul tinge to the cheese, I wish I had of taken her to the 11 weeks, at 9 weeks she was rocket fuel.

I couldn't put a top 5 list up ojd unless it could be a 20 strain top 5 list lol but a few that stand out are, Nevils Haze, Mango Haze your selected cut of SSSDH, Suicide Cheese, Sour Diesel, Chems, OG's, pineapple C'99 and so on, very hard to choose because they all have their unique traits that make them special.

If I get the suicide back I'll be backing her up with a mate or 2, I'm kicking myself that I didn't do that in the first place but oh well, I'm growing 14 plus strains right now so I've plenty to keep me going lol.

HGO

Clive

Cheesefarmer on UK420 was in exodus and he got the cut of mark or wing commander blue as he calls himself in the article. Cheesefarmer was also known as of the hill. You should have a look at cheesefarmers grows their excellent especially his outdoor ones you can find the real history of cheese in his posts over their.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
yo chaoscatalunya

peace

High OJD,
Apologies probably due, from what I remember, people had decided that the Brightside was not the original, I did not see that challenged, so took it as gospel.

If they do not organise a 420 cup we should just have a cheeseout and sort this shit out once and for all :)

Cheesefarmer on UK420 was in exodus and he got the cut of mark or wing commander blue as he calls himself in the article. Cheesefarmer was also known as of the hill. You should have a look at cheesefarmers grows their excellent especially his outdoor ones you can find the real history of cheese in his posts over their.

So maybe this story is true, but the part about the clone changing for the better over time was unusual, unique IME.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no apologies needed bro

was just saying ive not tried a beter version

yeah that sounds like a good smokeout
but lets not just make it cheese lets bring the best of the best we got for a good old smokeout

be good to meet you and have a toke
ive enjoyed your post over the years

chat soon

peace

H

Hoover_lungz

You guys up for a 420 smoke out in 2012???

But guys keep your cheese at home lol, im sick of cheese it makes my stomach churn just to think of the sickly smell and nausea after harvesting her.

One thing oj i cant get sick of is your SSSDH m8, that shit is the shizzle and you can smoke it 24/7 365days a year anyday any time it always taste good:)

peepz bring plenty of haze and kush and sour...No Cheese lol