What's new

METER's, Whats your favorite?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
krome said:
Truncheon for life! Believe it or not but I use the test dropper kit for my ph. I wouldn't trade those two for anything.

Me too. I wouldn't trust a pH pen any further than it could throw me. And I'm a skinny guy.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Does anyone have a Milwaukee SM 802 combo tester? I'd like to know if you have to keep the probe wet of this meter.......You know how the Hanna combo meter has the sponge cap to keep it wet? Does the Milwaikee SM 802 combos probe need to be kept wet also? I'm between a Hanna Combo tester(Last 3 # 129) or a Milwaukee Combo Tester Sm 802? I want one of these 2 just not sure which one yet

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
pH_meter_HI9813_0.jpg

Got two of these. They are awesome.

G

Does anyone have a Milwaukee SM 802 combo tester? I'd like to know if you have to keep the probe wet of this meter.......You know how the Hanna combo meter has the sponge cap to keep it wet? Does the Milwaikee SM 802 combos probe need to be kept wet also? I'm between a Hanna Combo tester(Last 3 # 129) or a Milwaukee Combo Tester Sm 802? I want one of these 2 just not sure which one yet
I do...............and yes you have to keep a little sponge in the cap to keep it moist.

http://www.milwaukeetesters.com/

All the info you will need it at that site

headiez247- yup hanna hi9813-0 about $235. BUT make sure you buy some extra 1300 cal/fluid cuz the 1500 evnvelope that comes with doesn't work, don't ask me why. I calibrate once a week the pH is always dead nuts and the tds is usually close, don't let anyone touch it tho- it's easy to turn the knobs outta calibration.

kish

I have a Milwaukee PH600 and i must say, for $20 this thing works great.

I do have to calibrate it often (I test calibration pretty much prior to every watering).
I find that it fluctuates from 6.9 to 7.1 from week to week when tested in 7.01 cal solution.
Btw, this meter reads the same as the more expensive Hanna checkers fwiw.

Overall, it is a major improvement from my liquid dropper/color chart tester that couldn't be used after adding any nutes.

Makes my life much easier. And my plants life much more consistent..

Gold123

Joe you need a new probe. I had one new and had to replace the probe in less than a year. The new probe lasted a lot longer at least until it got wet on the inside of the meter. I use a Oakton Ph meter now. I've had it about two years and have only replaced the batteries.

2924535634_00-thumb.jpg

I'm using an Oakton with no trouble too.

Y

yamaha_1fan

I recently got a Milwaukee SM102. Seems like a good tool, time will tell.

I think on every PH device you need to keep the bulb wet??

billbob

I called a few manufactures a while back about what to store the meters in. I was told that Storage Solution is best. Next best is PH 4. Otherwise distilled water can work too. Once I started to use the Storage solution I had a meter that worked much better.

The hanna combo meter was my meter of choice, but the last few i bought did not last. Same with the Tri-meter. I had a few that worked perfect for years. Then I bought another one and it did not hold calibration. I returned it and got another. Same problem.

Then I got a hanna like the one pictured above. Worked great until it stopped working. The manufacturer was great and sent me another probe. Have yet to try it.

Technique

hey, for the hanna 98129 i've lost the sponge. what can i put in? i've had to replace one bulb already and dont want it happening again. its working fine now and calibrates perfectly. with the bung probe it was reading 14ph all the time..

also as for ppm/us calibration it wont work. i've herd scrape the insides of the ec slot with a small file and it should be good to go again..

is there a less destructive way? alcohol to wash? or cleaning soloution?

Dramajic

I nave the H19813-6 also. Just replaced the probe for $100. The old one last about 2 yrs. Soak the probe in a good cleaning solution for 5 minutes. The solution I use (GHydro) has a pH of 1.8.

Any meter I buy in the future will have a cheap replacement probe. The Hanna is a good meter, but I wouldn't buy another because of the cost and the upkeep.

Technique

i bought my hanna probe for 40-50 bucks? new.. they're not that expensive to maintain.

i now keep ph7 in the lid when stored

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I called a few manufactures a while back about what to store the meters in. I was told that Storage Solution is best. Next best is PH 4. Otherwise distilled water can work too. Once I started to use the Storage solution I had a meter that worked much better.

NEVER ever store the probe in distilled or RO water!

Storage solution, or pH 4 water, or tap water.

Numboard

Hey guys, I have a hanna 98129. I bought some general hydro standard reference solution. How can I calibrate my pen with this stuff?
Do I HAVE to buy hanna's proprietary solution?

sanjuan

You do have the Hanna instructions? http://www.pmtac.org/download/HANNA/98129_98130.pdf

The GH pH calibration solutions are 4.01 and 7.0--Hanna is 4.01 & 7.01; close enough for me.

GH uses 2930 micro Siemens but Hanna expects to see 1413 microS so that's not gonna work for automatic ppm calibration. Well, Hanna shows three different solutions that can be used (depending on what scale conversion is being used, I guess) but I still don't think GH will work.