What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

does the amount of cookie affect the high

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the question is if we are using 3grams of cannabutter and infuse it into a 10gram cookie or a 20gram cookie , will it have the same affect...
we are having a debate that if we use the exact same amount of canna butter , my buddy says that the 10gram cookie will hit harder then if its infused in a 20gram cookie .... same amount of butter in each, just diff amounts of dough... i think it doesnt matter once it hits the stomach 10 or 20grams will be ingested more/less at the same rate... any comments??

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
??? If a chocolate bar package says 240mg, and you ingest the entire package, you would get 240mg. The bar is scored for 8 pieces, each containing 30mg.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
??? If a chocolate bar package says 240mg, and you ingest the entire package, you would get 240mg. The bar is scored for 8 pieces, each containing 30mg.

ok .. this i understand - now if this 240mg is put into a choc bar that is double in size, but with the same 8 pieces, ie each piece of choc is the same 30mg but the choc part is doubled, does the head come on quicker or about the same ... i think the same, my buddy says the larger pieces will come on slower as its more to ingest..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't do edibles....eating too much then off in la-la land and paranoia setting in. Prefer tinctures, a few hits smoked.

Dr. Oz tried to show "most"gummy bears are CBD sprinkled on product. Aren't most gummies infused (in the gelatin) vs. sprinkling on be it thc or CBD? That guy (Dr. Oz), trying to be mainstream, has misinformation more times than I can recall.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
the question is if we are using 3grams of cannabutter and infuse it into a 10gram cookie or a 20gram cookie , will it have the same affect...
we are having a debate that if we use the exact same amount of canna butter , my buddy says that the 10gram cookie will hit harder then if its infused in a 20gram cookie .... same amount of butter in each, just diff amounts of dough... i think it doesnt matter once it hits the stomach 10 or 20grams will be ingested more/less at the same rate... any comments??

Totally and completely depends on what the cookies are made of, and your personal ability to digest the ingredients.

Myself? I do not digest straight butter, so any cannabinoids in it are not easily absorbed by me and they leave my body without being processed. The more butter in the dough, the less I'm going to digest it and the less effect I have.

Olive oil and clarified butter (ghee) works best for the majority of the population. These oils hold the most cannabinoids and are easily digested by just about anyone.

A small percentage can use coconut oil properly (I'm not one of those either, lol). If coconut oil makes your digestion slippery, you'll want to use a different oil.

Digestion extends to the rest of the ingredients as well. What flour are you using? Brown rice flour will digest at about the same rate for everyone, very easily digestible. Wheat? Lots of people do not digest wheat well at all, so 'regular' flour (in the USA, everything labeled with the simple word "Flour" is wheat flour. lol) will digest at varying rates in different people.

The more ingredients you add which are slow or non-digestible, the longer it can take for these foods to digest, slowing the absorption of any oils in the mix. I've seen edibles take 8hrs to be digested and finally take effect. ;)

So, yeah... it completely depends.

If you want a fast hitting cookie, which digests quickly for everyone and hits at the same level for everyone, use completely neutral ingredients. When a cookie is made this way, you can easily dose people according to their tolerance. You'll get very consistent results.

These ingredients are completely neutral for all blood types:
Olive Oil (preferably certified)
Ghee
Brown rice flour
Brown rice syrup
Molasses
Eggs
Almonds/Flour
Ginger (MMmmmmm, Ginger Snaps!)
Cocoa Powder

Have a question about an ingredient? Do a search for "Typebase5 <ingredient>" and choose the D'Adamo links. He has a search engine and this will bring up the relevant pages for you. I sleep only 4-5 hours a night when all my food is correct.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts