What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is wrong?

lifesucks

Hey! In the spring I planted some bag seeds i collected over the years, and everything was going really well, the plants looked really good, i harvested, trimmed and dried the buds, and i started curing them. The problem is they have no effect whatsoever.And also it had a good smell, but since i started curing (in a glass jar) they smell like hay or idk. I dont understand this because i can see the trichomes on the buds and everything. I dont understand what i did wrong. This is my first time growing btw, i could really really use some advice.Thanks!

Dog Star

Veteran
What you used to give to plants in flowering when they produce buds??

What kind of bag seeds,do you know strains??

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My guess is harvested way early. Without pics and details of the grow it is impossible to say.

Stoned Trout also gave a very real possibility.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You Jared the buds up w too much moiature & it killed what little aromas you had.

The potency is low because the genetics aren't good.

I suggest you get some known quality seed for your next grow experience.

_Ina_

Veteran
How you collected them?From some buds you've smoked?Better buy some next time,because the father of those can be some industrial hemp.We have lots of wilds around here and never use the seed we find in our buds outdoor.If they were made strictly indoors on purpose it is different:)So the mixes with industrial hemp can look and smellvery nice like the mother for example but with no THC at all like the father:)

aquavitae

hi there lifesucks :)

some bud will come out looking great but lacking in potency, even from seeds that come from breeders or some clones too. some weed is all look and smells but wont get you really high. try to store your bud in a cool dark place! how long did you take your girls?

best :) AV

ManyManySpliffs

Sorry to say this lifesucks but this was probably grower error. I think you cut too soon. All I grow is bagseed (as you can checkout in my signature below) and get topnotch bud everytime. Bagseed gets a bad rap, when quite a few legendary strains came from bagseed. Buy you a jewelers loupe 20-40x or high powered magnifying glass 60-100x to examine the stages of the trichome development, thats key to bringing out the best potency from any strain.
[Here's what you should be looking for, I like to call this the keys to the mint lol...]
picture.php

picture.php

Well what you feed your plant has a part to play as well, but more so when you chop. Patience and waiting a week or two before the chop towards the end can drastically improve the high. Just because she looks finished doesn't mean she is. You also want to dry your buds properly, 5-7 days is good depending on bud density. Hope this helps for your next grow, just chalk this up as a valuable learning experience. You''ll get better with time and there's a wealth of info on this forum if you just look for it.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
you put em i the jars too wet. that is all. anaerobic bacteria ruined the weed. thats pretty much it. next time make sure you burp the jars long enough before putting them awy for the cure. there should be no moisture inside the jar when you are done burping. run your finger inside the top of the jar near the rim. if feels moist then you need to burp some more.