What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imidacloprid foliar spray

koddex

i have a bad spider mite/thrip problem right now on a plant that is irreplaceable. ive been using h202 and cayenne pepper steep in water to control the problem but it only seems to be getting worse.

koddex

i have a bad spider mite/thrip problem right now on a plant that is irreplaceable. ive been using h202 and cayenne pepper steep in water to control the problem but it only seems to be getting worse.

i have access to Imidacloprid in the form of https://www.amazon.com/Compare-Save-Systemic-Shrub-Drench/dp/B00ARKS4WY?th=1&psc=1
its a 1.47% solution of Imidacloprid with a similar formulation to "Bayer tree and shrub". i understand that i will not be able to smoke anything from this plant for months after i do this. No i do not want to try any organic solutions.

Haven't been able to find anywhere anyone using this product as a foliage spray for cannabis, i have seen it used in the form of a soil drench though so i know it must be possible.

fizz

If this is an outdoor plant, take and quarantine a few clones because I do not condone using Imidacloprid outdoors where it could harm the environment. Otherwise..

Imidacloprid is a potent neonicotinoid systemic insecticide so you don't need to spray it, just water it in at about 1ml per 8oz of water.

It sounds like you got it bad and you're desperate. I would start by strategically applying Tanglefoot and snipping off most of the infested portions of the plant. Then give a dose of Imidacloprid, followed by a contact insecticide like a Neem and Pyrethin mix to kill off the bulk of the bugs, and spray it again 3 days later. During this time feed well, address environmental issues, and disinfect your entire grow room. Dusting suspect areas with Diatomaceous Earth would not hurt either.

I know you dont want organic solutions but I have not seen a thrip since I introduced predatory mites into my IPM. I strongly recommend them.

Good luck!

fizz

I also have to add though..

Using chemicals to solve pest problems is a slippery winding slope to failure and disappointment. For every pest there is an equal and opposite predator, and when that doesn't work there are parasitic fungi and microbes. So get your plants clean (the dirty way for now), and focus on prevention in the future because the more you kill off the biology and diversity in and around your garden, the more the bad bugs move in.

I would personally clone, trash it, sterilize, and start fresh. Fuck chemicals! Natural and organic is always the answer.