What's new

Trying to pay my mortgage

I've had the sappy stuff appear on areas i've trimmed and hung up to dry. Seemed like it came from the cut areas. I smoked the bud and was fine.

Speed of green

this grow looks good, still active?
think i should switch from rockwool to hempy, i need advice

I really like the hempy, its easy and effective, i have very little experience growing indoors too. The only couple of speed bumps i had with this grow were:

A) the sheer number of plants is really a burden and much more high maintenance than i originally planned on it being. (fuck watering 100 plants by hand)

B) with my hemp's starting from clone, it is important to not overwater in the beginning, i drowned probably 40 plants before i got a handle on it. Once established (1.5-2weeks) you can't really overwater.

I read countless articles saying you can't overwater a hempy bucket, this is true for an established plant. however clones, even with an established root system, still died in my system with early "full waterings".

by "full waterings" i mean watering until you get runoff.

That being said, I am not going away from hempy, i am going to redesign my system after my next harvest, and set things up to do less plants, and also no more perpetual harvest. on paper it sounds great harvesting a crop every two months or so, but it is continuous work. I would rather have to work hard for one week out of every two months trimming and swapping out plants from the veg/flower room. then work for an hour or two every day for two months.

Not sure if you wanted this much information, but I'm going to include my plans for my next grow in this post as well :scripture:

Basically i am ditching my two 4x8 trays and building a 10x10ish tray out of plywood and 2x4/4x4's this tray will be lined with 40mil pond liner and sit roughly the height of a 5 gallon bucket off the floor.

Inside this 10x10ish tray will be 25 (5rows of 5) 2 gallon hempy buckets.

Above these 25 plants will be 4 1000w air cooled lights.

These plants will be fed with a diy watering system. (this setup is where i got the idea from minus the coco...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQXE_-YpUw

The room will be cooled with a 12000btu mini split.

Maybe ill add co2 in the future. idk

Anyway, good luck with your grow! hempy is badass!
:woohoo:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Inside this 10x10ish tray will be 25 (5rows of 5) 2 gallon hempy buckets.

Above these 25 plants will be 4 1000w air cooled lights.

These plants will be fed with a diy watering system. (this setup is where i got the idea from minus the coco...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQXE_-YpUw

The room will be cooled with a 12000btu mini split.

Maybe ill add co2 in the future. idk

Anyway, good luck with your grow! hempy is badass!
:woohoo:

I'd recommend going with double that size minisplit. I haven't been following too closely, but don't think 12k AC is going cool 4000w, unless you've got other plans to keep the room cool and the 12k is just supplemental.

You might as well take it to the next level and go 4k (non-ac hoods with no ducting/glass/hassle of cooling the lights), a 24k BTU split.. seal the room up and run co2. Perhaps a dehumidifier during the dark cycle and now you're fully in control of your environment.

Speed of green

I'd recommend going with double that size minisplit. I haven't been following too closely, but don't think 12k AC is going cool 4000w, unless you've got other plans to keep the room cool and the 12k is just supplemental.

You might as well take it to the next level and go 4k (non-ac hoods with no ducting/glass/hassle of cooling the lights), a 24k BTU split.. seal the room up and run co2. Perhaps a dehumidifier during the dark cycle and now you're fully in control of your environment.

Thanks FF for the input.

I have (4) 1000w blockbuster 8 sealed units that i was planning on running air cooled with a 750 cfm fan. I also have an extra 750 fan if needed.

You think with me air cooling the lights this way i will need a bigger a/c?
i would rather get one that is better so it is not running full throttle all the time.

Is there an advantage to running wing type, or non-ac hoods. besides not having to duct it? I have 9 ft of headroom to play with as well.

My room is already sealed, but i haven't been using co2. Also i have a dehuey, but i never use it, my RH is always 50-55% Room temps are 70-75. is this okay?

S

sourpuss

Used to grow hempy style just put the pots in one big res and bottom fed em... anyway just throwing it out there seems u got your shit down pat.... how r u hand watering 200 pots??? Sump pump and wand?

Speed of green

Great looking nugs

great thread and sog

Thanks for the support!

So here is my harvest report.

29 plants + 600w + 71 days = 520g Dried

520/600 = 0.86 GPW

I also have about 3oz of popcorn.

Overall i am happy with the yield, if i would have cleaned up some of the lower branches i feel i would have come a little closer to 1GPW. However this strain has never been a tremendous yielder.

Quality i couldn't be happier with. 10/10 in my book, my iPhone camera doesn't really do it justice.

Thanks for watching.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thanks FF for the input.

I have (4) 1000w blockbuster 8 sealed units that i was planning on running air cooled with a 750 cfm fan. I also have an extra 750 fan if needed.

You think with me air cooling the lights this way i will need a bigger a/c?
i would rather get one that is better so it is not running full throttle all the time.

Is there an advantage to running wing type, or non-ac hoods. besides not having to duct it? I have 9 ft of headroom to play with as well.

My room is already sealed, but i haven't been using co2. Also i have a dehuey, but i never use it, my RH is always 50-55% Room temps are 70-75. is this okay?

Congrats on the pull! Flowers look amazing.

I'm not going to say you can't cool 4k with 12k btu AC since you are air-cooling your lights and stuff, but that's all going to depend on a lot of factors.

Most like to allocate 4500-5000 BTU of AC per every 1k of un-cooled light. A 24k BTU ac typically is perfect for a 4k light setup once you add a co2 generator and other small goodies needed to do the job.

If you air-cool your lights you might be able to spec that ac around 3500 btu per light = 14,000 btu. I've head the 3500 number tossed around for ac-hoods... not sure how accurate it is. So it might be a good idea to opt for a 15k if those are available in split. Or perhaps a 18k. I'd keep your blockbusters thought, they are nice hoods.

My thing is if your going to be purchasing a split and installing it anyways you might as well get one that can handle what you throw at it without the need for cooling your hoods, etc. Cleaning glass and dealing with ducting/venting your lights is an unnecessary headache in my opinion and I believe you get better output to the plants w/o glass (especially if it's not staying 100% clean). It's also been said that if you are pushing/pulling too cold of air across your lamps that they are not reaching optimal temperature that they are designed for and spectral output can suffer. I prefer to just hang open hoods, install ac, and focus on healthy growing and manipulating the plants to give you the most they can. The seer/efficiency with these splits just keep getting better I'm not really too concerned about AC running costs.

Your Rh/temps look great. I'd shoot to maintain the higher end of those figures. 75-80F. I'd try to maintain rh as high as 70% for most of the cycle, only dropping to 50-60% as things start to bulk as an insurance policy against bud rot (botrytis). Just be on the lookout for night time spikes in rh. A lot of growers don't seem to realize their humidity sky rockets during the dark period. I've witnessed ruined houses and walls dripping with sweat. I believe high rh is beneficial for the most part, but you don't want it practically raining in there during your night periods.

Just my 2c. Thanks for sharing your grow.

Dognponyshow

Thanks for the support!

So here is my harvest report.

29 plants + 600w + 71 days = 520g Dried

520/600 = 0.86 GPW

I also have about 3oz of popcorn.

Overall i am happy with the yield, if i would have cleaned up some of the lower branches i feel i would have come a little closer to 1GPW. However this strain has never been a tremendous yielder.

Quality i couldn't be happier with. 10/10 in my book, my iPhone camera doesn't really do it justice.

Thanks for watching.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Nice turn out, the nugs look dense and frosty.

Speed of green

Congrats on the pull! Flowers look amazing.

I'm not going to say you can't cool 4k with 12k btu AC since you are air-cooling your lights and stuff, but that's all going to depend on a lot of factors.

Most like to allocate 4500-5000 BTU of AC per every 1k of un-cooled light. A 24k BTU ac typically is perfect for a 4k light setup once you add a co2 generator and other small goodies needed to do the job.

If you air-cool your lights you might be able to spec that ac around 3500 btu per light = 14,000 btu. I've head the 3500 number tossed around for ac-hoods... not sure how accurate it is. So it might be a good idea to opt for a 15k if those are available in split. Or perhaps a 18k. I'd keep your blockbusters thought, they are nice hoods.

My thing is if your going to be purchasing a split and installing it anyways you might as well get one that can handle what you throw at it without the need for cooling your hoods, etc. Cleaning glass and dealing with ducting/venting your lights is an unnecessary headache in my opinion and I believe you get better output to the plants w/o glass (especially if it's not staying 100% clean). It's also been said that if you are pushing/pulling too cold of air across your lamps that they are not reaching optimal temperature that they are designed for and spectral output can suffer. I prefer to just hang open hoods, install ac, and focus on healthy growing and manipulating the plants to give you the most they can. The seer/efficiency with these splits just keep getting better I'm not really too concerned about AC running costs.

Your Rh/temps look great. I'd shoot to maintain the higher end of those figures. 75-80F. I'd try to maintain rh as high as 70% for most of the cycle, only dropping to 50-60% as things start to bulk as an insurance policy against bud rot (botrytis). Just be on the lookout for night time spikes in rh. A lot of growers don't seem to realize their humidity sky rockets during the dark period. I've witnessed ruined houses and walls dripping with sweat. I believe high rh is beneficial for the most part, but you don't want it practically raining in there during your night periods.

Just my 2c. Thanks for sharing your grow.

Thanks FF, great information in there. I am going to go with a 24k at least & keep the lights air cooled. Also I'm going to get a dehumidifier, is a 70 pint enough? i was looking at this one

http://www.lowes.com/pd_623066-5493...19f-d0c7-4900-8ce1-c7393803b8b9&kpid=50299673

Thanks again.

Speed of green

Day 1

The next round of 2L is going to start now, today is the first day of 12/12.

I am running a blue dream strain this time, Three of the 600w lights will have 25 plants each.

Under my fourth 600w, i am doing 5 2gallon buckets as a test for my next setup.

picture.php

Some of the seedlings i sprouted several weeks ago were too far from their light source, they ended up stretching pretty bad. This one i tied in a knot so it wouldn't get too tall.

picture.php

picture.php

Also i have Three new strains i will be trying out just as soon as They can be cloned. The seedlings in the dixie cups will eventually be mothers (If they are all female) How do you train your mothers? do you top them? tie them down? My other moms i didn't train at all...

picture.php

This is my drip system, i used it once and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. besides i should have built it a different way. Oh well, live and learn.

picture.php

Leo might be able to get a fingerprint read off that third photo, the one where you are holding the leaf. And if you have fingerprints on file then they might match them.

I will say you will yield 1/4 oz dry off each plant, unless you are one of these people who don't dry it properly, which in that case it will be higher.

You say you are doing this to pay off your mortgage; have you got people to sell it too?
I mean people who will buy amounts; you wont pay off your mortgage selling $20 deals to friends. You will cash it in too slowly that way.

Anyway waiting to see how they turn out.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Hey Speed, funny you tied a knot in that one, I tied three limbs in knots on a plant once and it did fine. I still have the stem, though the center limb broke just after the knot some time over the last 10 yrs... :)

Also, done the drip thing, and the bucket thing. I had up to twelve 2 gals under two 400w lamps at one point. What I found was the easiest/most effiecient was 4'x4' ebb and flow trays under 1000w with 30-36" tall plants measured from the top of the coco, in 6" square pots with about 36-48(6x6 or 6x8) plants stacked in. Put the feed pump on a timer and check the pH/ppm of the reservoir daily. I ran perpetually so every week I would put six plants in and every week take six out, that's one row front to back the way I had it.
Also, for the drippers(when I tried them), I ran the black plastic drip line made for burial and ran it between every other two rows of pots with 18" drip lines for each pot on both sides. It never fails, a dripper will always fail on you at some point. I got tired of chasing drippers and went ebb/fow and have not looked back... ;)

Here is my knotted limb, can't wait to see what the main stalk looks like finished!

Attachments

• HPIM0262.jpg
    HPIM0262.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10

Speed of green

Leo might be able to get a fingerprint read off that third photo, the one where you are holding the leaf. And if you have fingerprints on file then they might match them.

I will say you will yield 1/4 oz dry off each plant, unless you are one of these people who don't dry it properly, which in that case it will be higher.

You say you are doing this to pay off your mortgage; have you got people to sell it too?
I mean people who will buy amounts; you wont pay off your mortgage selling $20 deals to friends. You will cash it in too slowly that way.

Anyway waiting to see how they turn out.

Thanks feather, my garden is completely within state and county guidelines.

The mortgage thing was just a joke, all my extra medicine is donated to a local dispensary.

Latest posts

Latest posts