What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation Experiment on NYCD

I will be watching too. I started a side by side on RIU just to see if my inclination to yank leaves had a negative effect or not. NO AGENDA. Just want to see what happens. Immediate trollism ensued by PHD growers denouncing my experiment as not scientific blah blah blah and drove away interested readers. Whoever said they kick over the chessboard and claim victory was right. You would think scientists would be rational, non emo types but NO. so even though my experiment continues, i am not posting anything til its over. I wish you luck and i am subbed.

I find the defoliHaterz to be older guys with outdated techniques from the 70s who grow outdoors where defol is not needed. Whereas indoor scroggers (sounds sexy,right?) such as myself find defol a necessity to maintain the canopy.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang my buddy gave me a "nycd" of course who knows for sure but it looks indica like these and is taking forever. Maybe it is heh.

Looking good dood.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Dang my buddy gave me a "nycd" of course who knows for sure but it looks indica like these and is taking forever. Maybe it is heh.

Looking good dood.

Yeah, it really looks like a pure indica: stout stature , huge leaves, short internodes but a very slow growth. And when growing organic it's like watching paint drying: nothing major happen from day to day, but tha plant is transforming overall.

No noticeable change on the defoliated plants so far, just a slight weight difference betwin the pots: as expected the pots in which the defoliated plants grow are heavier, explained by less water comsumtion.

It may be just a false impression (to early to tell) but it seems to me that on de defoliated plants the pistils are somehow longer and whiter. But we will see ...

I also invited Soma to join us here to watch the experiment.

Again, this is not intended to be a debate about the defoliation, it's just a side by side grow. The haters are welcome to watch but not to troll.

Thank you all guys for watching this grow. I realise that I did not took any pics with those girls under lights, but I promise I will do so.

Bellow is a pic with the mother of this clones a week or two before chop:

picture.php

picture.php

L.E. Sorry, I was wrong. This pictures have been taken on day 49 and she was harvested after day 75 . I don' have any picture with her older than 49 days, but no obvious changes have occurred on the buds (they just swollen a bit and covered in many many thrics).

komboloi

I find the defoliHaterz to be older guys with outdated techniques from the 70s who grow outdoors where defol is not needed. Whereas indoor scroggers (sounds sexy,right?) such as myself find defol a necessity to maintain the canopy.

I don't know them, so I won't generalize. But I do wonder why anyone cares so much about a technique being used by others.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
A quick update. No signs of significant grow. Temps have rised a bit and they are a little slowed down.

I took some pictures during tonight watering.

On day 23 :

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Great thread!

I just happen to have a nycd x sensi star male that I have
used in some crosses.

I think nycd is underrated by many. I also snip leaves in
flower and do so 1 or 2 a day. Plants like it.

What's the smell like in there? Mine are sweet cherry like.

The cows ate your plants, damn. That's funny only because
it didn't happen to me....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the alleged nycd of mine. Wish I had a pic before I took of some of the bigger older fan leaves. This thing is at 65 days right now.
She has a really greasy feel and smells thick strong myrcene type scents with a rich lemony/citrus top end. How many days does the nycd typically grow? Whaddya think? Nugs are super dense she put on pistils like mad for quite a few weeks. Seems like an indica plant taking sativa time.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Indeed she looks like a indica but it take forever to finish. Mine was harvested after more than 11 weeks of 11/13 (almost 12 actually).

I germinated the seed (feminized line) on first days of November 2013 and two months later she did not appear to be ready to flower , but I had to take clones from her so she was almost entirely chopped, but she gain enough height in the first 3 weeks of 11/13 , growing back to the size before.

The smell is hard to describe, but overall is a pleasant aroma. They grow next to 12 clones of Super Skunk and Trainwreck and their aroma dominate the entire grow space, making impossible to detects subtle flavors of NYCD.

She did not impressed me to much with her aroma, but the first experience I had with this strain after two weeks of curing was magnificent. Every time I smoke NYCD, with a little meditation I really feel like I am levitating without any effort.

At harvest time, after almost 7 months in a 2.4L pot she showed just one tiny banana on a lower bud, but this is acceptable considering the very small size of the pot compared with time she grew in it. Even so I had some heavy hermie plants in other experiment, she was not to affected by their pollen (until now I found just 2 seeds - very huge - which will be preserved on my 'bagseed feminized seed colection' ).

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
I'm not an expert but she looks pretty fine to me, very similar with the plant I have grown.

P.S. Right now I'm rocket high from a small NYCD nugget and it seems I have some difficulty finding my words.

Latest posts

Latest posts