What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLEASE HELP my plants

dwiajwalb

dwiajwalb has reported a post.

Reason:
pictures are not uploading correct
your site seems to be under some attack
taking WAYYYYYY to long to load pages
Forum: Cannabis Infirmary
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: dwiajwalb
Original Content:
i posted this problem in grasscity, but only one person responded so im try here.
What type of medium; soil or hydro? - hydro and soil
What brand and type of soil? - foxfarm
Indoors or outdoors? - indor
What strain? - cherry kush
How old are the plants? - 1 month to 2 weeks
What type of lights and how many watts? t5 -240
How far from the lights? - 10 inches
What is your watering frequency and source of water? every other day right now, filtered water
What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? GH nuts @ 2-1-1 ppm at 420
What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 5.6 / 340 ppm
What are the temps and humidity in the room? 68 at night 72-74 day
What size pots? 6" rockwool
Any bugs? Look real close. hell no
Any other pertinent info?
been growing for 10 plus years , never had this problem...
I think the problem is the furnace air is drying them out. looking for conformation or some other ideas.
i have a humidifyer running during the day now, but the humidly does drop to 30 sometimes.
i have the house set to 68
without furnace the plants would be at 40 degrees
shit insulated house in the getto, its what i can afford - 1700 a month

>>>>>>>>>>>stacks and stacks of weird code edited out>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

sahdgrower

Well, as I see it you have lots of issues. I see some nute burn on some tips. I see legginess due to insufficient light. I see nitrogen deficiency. Maybe some underwatering. What is the issue in specific that you are wanting help with?

dwiajwalb

i been doing same thing for 10 plus years. i usually have good space between the nodes. but not now. using a 8 bulb t5 240 watts.
PPM is at 350 so i dont see how it could be nute burn.
someone else told me Ma deficiency.
the specific issue is the leafs and growth, so not what im use to seeing.
a few of those plants are in foxfarm dirt and STILL they are doing this leaf and node problem.
just 2 plants there not doing it. fire og plant
cherry kush was a super fast grower now it grows like a skunk.
im using straight water with epsom salt @ ph 5.9 for a few days to see if it helps.
they are very well watered. its something else....
if it was just the hydro i could probably figure this out, but the plants in dirt doing same shit. its been like this for a month. finally got 40 or so clones, but they are the shittest clones i ever made. i thought it was the low humidy but i have the room soaked down and humidy stays between 50% and 80%
ANY IDEAS????
need more pics???

sahdgrower

Have you checked for pests? Root aphids can cause all those symptoms and you will chase your tail trying to figure out wtf? Until you find those pesky RA. I know you said hell no to pests in initial posting however RA can be sneaky and in soil especially difficult. I had some RA in hydro and chased various problems for a while until I saw them on the roots.

CaStoner

My guess would be your water source maybe time for a reversed osmosis system all grow should start with good source of clean water, maybe try flushing and used bottle water to see if things improve.

dwiajwalb

i just pulled out a block and put microscope on roots and leaves. nothing crawling
roots are white and massive. plant is only 6 inchs has roots for a 3 footer.
i use a blue filter on the water, but i dont really need it. im in the bay area. the water here is very clean with no fluoride. so strange that both soil and rockwell plants doing same thing.
top leaves look like nute burn, but just below that they look like wilt

CaStoner

It could be just your furnace. I know when I was flowering and the cold nights would fired up the heater the leaves next to the vents were all dry and burn looking. Since it was happening to both soil and rockwool, I thought it had to be your water source and you didn't see any parasites. I know It's easy to get root rot using these rockwool and your furnace might provide the added heat for it.