What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noob Scrogger, Seeks advice from experienced Scrogger

RewTheJew

alright fellas and fellets, this is my first attempt at running a scrog. I have seen incredible examples online, and figure "why not me?"

So I humbly come to you, seeking your wisdom. Here are the details:

Strains: <b>Sour Diesel and Rosemary</b> (idk wtf, dude who I bought genetics from was supposed to deliver white widow, but when the time came he brought me those two strains. Not happy about it, but I will work with it.) Speaking of which, anyone ever heard of Rosemary?

Lighting: 1800 watts of HPS power, air cooled.
Screen Dimensions: 3 X 7
Feed: GH 3 part, Kool Bloom, CalMag, and finally Sillica Blast ( 1000-1200ppm)

I keep reading scrogging is all about timing. You flip to flower when the screen is 80% full. I believe my screen is a bit past that, but theres still blank spots. Also, i am running a stretchy sativa next to a compact indica. The SD i read stretches 3X its size, and who knows about the indica. This leads me to believe, I am going to have a mess on my hands here in two weeks.

So....

Am I doing it right?

oh yea, any other tips or tricks feel free to share.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 10
Your screen is looking quite nice, if you want to fill it out a bit more I would just bend and weave branches out into the open areas. Just remember your plants are going to stretch quite a bit above the screen, hopefully you can raise the height of yours a bit. I would say you're quite close to flipping though!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Well, it's too late now to change things but, I wouldn't recommend scrogging an indica and sativa to the same screen. With indicas you want to flip to 12/12 at the 50-75% mark. Depending on what type of sativa, you may want to flip before the plant even reaches the screen.

jm420

Veteran
flip it now,and train that sour d its gonna stretch alot. the whole key is keeping an even canaopy

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how full the screen is when you flip depends on how much a strain stretches. would agree that you should flip now and keep training the sour d as it stretches.

as said it's best to stick to one strain per screen. i use modular scrog so each plant is separate and can be changed in height and also removed for examination.

even if its not perfect, a scrog can yield well and this grow will teach you a lot ;)
VG

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
your fine bro. looks great! never to late to scrog. just weave your arms down and back thru the trellis. everytime a top gets brave and sticks up above the rest tuck her back down under this will keep nice uniform SCROG. ive grown 8 diffrent strains in aerotable under 5x10 as long as you train EVERYDAY then you wont have ANY problems come 2 weeks. remember the stretch is in your control!

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
and so you dont waste your time and money making those screens just buy some Hortitrellis comes in HUUGE rolls 4' x 20' should work for you. its real easy to put down and will save you some time! sometimes i actually do one layer of trellis then another on top of it to support the extra weight

RewTheJew

in those empty nets holes, try to get some bud sites into them. Manually do it, super crop if you have to.

Im three days into 12/12, and to compensate for the stretch, Im waiting till the end of the week to start assigning holes. This, I hope, will help the canopy stay even.

El Toker

I don't think there'll be too much of a problem at the moment. However, you are probably going to need to harvest the indicas weeks before the sativas, so you will have huge gaps in the net. It's an inefficient way to use the grow area, but there's no reason why you shouldn't get a decent yield, it just won't be optimal.

RewTheJew

I don't think there'll be too much of a problem at the moment. However, you are probably going to need to harvest the indicas weeks before the sativas, so you will have huge gaps in the net. It's an inefficient way to use the grow area, but there's no reason why you shouldn't get a decent yield, it just won't be optimal.

Yea, I am less than pleased with the strains I ended up with, even if SD is an incredible smoke. I would rather not deal with stretchy long sativas. Next run will be all the same, bubbleberry or purple wheelchair, still deciding.

The key is timing, or so I have read, and I see this being the most challenging thing. Oh well, now we sit back and either learn from our mistakes, or pull of a decent show. :)