What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Volunteer to run Aero-cloner experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule420

3 plants have roots sorry for the crappy pic... One died due to one of my weights rolling on it and the other two have nubs... I will get a better shot later if my buddy comes over. It looks like they might want to bud at this point... I will get pics!

After they came out of the box...

picture.php

Before

picture.php

And the roots on the 3 plants a Sour D, G-13, and durban poison X

picture.php

Clearly more study, and better pics need taken... I will see how they grow out and keep you posted... Peace and puffs

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Awesome!

Well I can say that 2 out of the 4 I had started to have root bumps but I pulled them all because they were not looking so healthy in that little box. I wasn't expecting them to be healthy with no air-movement in a high humidity environment, just wanted to see if they would root.

So I guess we've shown that yes, cuts do indeed root with no lights.

Next question is are they as healthy as cuts rooted with light and if not to what degree.

T

tokinafaty420

And what is it you think we're trying to prove?

It doesn't prove what led to the clones getting roots. It only proved the clones were rooted. How do you know that outside variables didn't screw up the results? So basically what you are saying is, you are going to put cuts in the dark... check in on them , then if they root you are going to claim it was the darkness that caused it. Most everyone will check them on a daily basis... meaning they will in fact have received light and your data "proving" cloning in all darkness is contaminated.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
It doesn't prove what led to the clones getting roots. It only proved the clones were rooted. How do you know that outside variables didn't screw up the results? So basically what you are saying is, you are going to put cuts in the dark... check in on them , then if they root you are going to claim it was the darkness that caused it. Most everyone will check them on a daily basis... meaning they will in fact have received light and your data "proving" cloning in all darkness is contaminated.

Then I suggest you leave this thread and never come back....you might get contaminated. :laughing:

T

tokinafaty420

Then I suggest you leave this thread and never come back....you might get contaminated. :laughing:

What you are seeking to claim as fact is nothing but anecdotal evidence. I'm sure you'll still pat yourself on the back though and say see I'm smart. :blowbubbles: ohhh look at the purrty bubbles.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always end up wondering how one can end up w/ a joint in their mouth and a stick up their ass at the same time.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I took a peek at your posts toki, seems like you make up shit all over the place and now you're crying about people not finding your posts helpful. Try speaking from experience (once you get some more) and maybe people will respect your opinions more.

T

tokinafaty420

i always end up wondering how one can end up w/ a joint in their mouth and a stick up their ass at the same time.

The same way people find their head up their own ass. I came here offering honest advice how to conduct an experiment that will have meaningful results. It was met with mockery and complete laziness by those who originally wanted to find out.

If you don't want to read about how your experiment was put together the lazy way and the results will be absolutely meaningless than don't post it online. It isn't my fault some of you cannot take constructive criticism. I'm still speaking the honest truth and I have absolutely nothing against Japanfreak for wanting to know. Actually it is admirable for inquisitive minds to actually try experiments, but don't act like you're the encyclo-fucking-pedia of growing and tell me I have no knowledge of growing pot when I show you the leak in your methods. lol

I missed your last post, but lol, I'm not crying about anyone not finding my posts helpful. It was simply about who it was, not that it was being done. If you read my post you would see that it was about why the not helpfuls do not show up in the panel anymore, has nothing to do with the actual vote. Still doesn't help your case as far as this little experiment goes. Actually considering that out of the 180 posts which have been rated, only 10 of them have been rated as not helpful. I would say the ratio is on my side and not yours. Wait a minute... you mean people have rated your posts not helpful more times than mine?.... can't be true with what you have to say about me. lol

Many of the not helpful ratings were people disagreeing with an opinion and not about advice on growing pot. I let my pictures do the speaking as far as growing skill goes.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
See what you don't get is that you've been dismissed. We've sized you up and decided you aren't worth listening to.

mule420

Hey JF I didn't think you would keep them in that tin for very long, like you said air movement and to humid. I for one know the laws in Japan and see what you did as a noble gesture :tiphat:

The box was sealed and not opened at all for 6 days! It killed me not to look! I was surprised only one died, and that had nothing to do with the darkness.

I have a scope for looking into motors about the size of a pencil, it has a remote live feed vid link to a screen. It has a LED on the end or we would have seen some footage... :) And its waterproof, root cam anyone? ;)

I intend to grow these out and keep posting pics here. They went right under 16-8 with a t-5 light. They were pretty droopy last night... Peace and puffs

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same way people find their head up their own ass. I came here offering honest advice how to conduct an experiment that will have meaningful results. It was met with mockery and complete laziness by those who originally wanted to find out.

If you don't want to read about how your experiment was put together the lazy way and the results will be absolutely meaningless than don't post it online. It isn't my fault some of you cannot take constructive criticism. I'm still speaking the honest truth and I have absolutely nothing against Japanfreak for wanting to know. Actually it is admirable for inquisitive minds to actually try experiments, but don't act like you're the encyclo-fucking-pedia of growing and tell me I have no knowledge of growing pot when I show you the leak in your methods. lol

I missed your last post, but lol, I'm not crying about anyone not finding my posts helpful. It was simply about who it was, not that it was being done. If you read my post you would see that it was about why the not helpfuls do not show up in the panel anymore, has nothing to do with the actual vote. Still doesn't help your case as far as this little experiment goes. Actually considering that out of the 180 posts which have been rated, only 10 of them have been rated as not helpful. I would say the ratio is on my side and not yours. Wait a minute... you mean people have rated your posts not helpful more times than mine?.... can't be true with what you have to say about me. lol

Many of the not helpful ratings were people disagreeing with an opinion and not about advice on growing pot. I let my pictures do the speaking as far as growing skill goes.

i have about 12% of an idea of what the hell you're even talking about.

all i can really discern is that you're cranky, really.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I intend to grow these out and keep posting pics here. They went right under 16-8 with a t-5 light. They were pretty droopy last night... Peace and puffs

Wow that would be awesome. I think I'm going to start a new thread to announce these findings and see if more people aren't willing to try it now that it's been proved that you don't need light for cuts to put out roots.

T

tokinafaty420

See what you don't get is that you've been dismissed. We've sized you up and decided you aren't worth listening to.
Usually what happens when insecure minds want to maintain their illusion of being correct. You mean you sized me up and don't want to read what I have to say. Fair enough, I'll leave your thread alone with what I have already posted. I think it is enough for most people to take what this "experiment" has to offer with a grain of salt.

T

tokinafaty420

i have about 12% of an idea of what the hell you're even talking about.

all i can really discern is that you're cranky, really.

The only sentences that concerns you is the first three. The rest was for JF. So your 12% should be enough to get by on.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I didn't understand half the shit you said either. For somebody who thinks they are so smart your communication skills are shit.

Marshall

thats cool that it worked.

I think future experiments could be a little more controlled.

Take the same amount of cuts and clone them using the same methods, bubbler, aero, perlite, one in the dark, one under normal lighting and see what happens. That way the only variable is the lighting

Will the dark ones root faster, with as much roots, etc?

I applaud you guys for using some cuts. At this time I can not spare cuts as I have empty tables and need every cut I can get.

Good job guys.

nice thread... it got me thinking... when I have my clones sitting under the low watt cfl... they take a long time to root... but if I put the clones in a corner with low low light... I get most of them to root and this is in str8 coco... I thought it was a humidity situation, but it jus probably the low low lighting... peace

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Good to know, but so far I can not think of any circumstance I would use this, but ya never know.

edit - soon as I posted my brain gave me the reason, to be able to take cuts if you are on the lam or have an emminant security situation. Pack and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.