What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My friend and i, 2200W Coco grow(first grow, flowering).

Bezzzo

Hi guys my friend and i are partaking in our first grow.

Our setup is..

2 Plants(exact strain unknown)

4 x 600w hps,

Coco, drain to waste

In and out ventilation in a 2.8m x 1.8m x 2m DIY grow room.

Total veg time was just under 8 weeks(was vegged longer than we had initially wanted) and was turned 12/12 on the 18th of the 5th.

Our flowering feeding schedule will include,

House and garden Coco A/B, Rhiszotonic, Cannazym, Cobra, Quicturn, BudXL, blossom blaster, Top booster, Rock resinator and shooting powder at different stages of flowering. This schedule came highly recommended and we can't wait to see the results.

These first few pics were taken just before being turned 12/12, will have some updated pics tomorrow.

Thanks,
bezzzo

Attachments

• DSC00244.jpg
    DSC00244.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00255.jpg
    DSC00255.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00258.jpg
    DSC00258.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 6

Bezzzo

More Veg pics...

More Veg pics...

More veg pics... Will have day 7 flowering pics tommorrow

Attachments

• DCS00040.jpg
    DCS00040.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DCS00039.jpg
    DCS00039.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DCS00036.jpg
    DCS00036.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DCS00027.jpg
    DCS00027.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
that's impressive beautifull plant man, after 8 week vef..:jawdrop: and..... :eek: and .... :yoinks:........
i'll be watching for sure!!!!

B

bipotato

Better get to trimming before it's too late. Actually if I were you I'd go get some cloning supplies, make clones, and either use or sell 'em!

Craven_au

Looking insane man look like the leaves have open up since you raised the light.

Have to agree with bipotato take some clones for a mother and trim any under growth that is not getting any light or is fin and flimsy don't trim shade leaves.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
YES,better trim some leaves, after you get a positive increment of final weight, the small flower down take more light and coming soon nice hard sticky bud!!!
i hope this help!!!!

Bezzzo

Update!

Update!

Hi all!

Have an update!

I have some pictures of day 7 of 12/12, The plants are starting to show small flowers up and down the colas, looks like the quickturn is proving it's worth(i hear it usually takes around 14 days to start to show flowers?)

Had a trim the other night and took out all small budsites that aren't receiving any light under the canopy but decided to leave the mostly all of the mature fan leaves, due to the fact that we we're a bit worried removing too much plant material so as not to stress them too much at the one time.

We also heard that removing too many fan leaves can be a bad thing, but in Scrog can be a good thing. So we have decided to try and have the best of both worlds by adding some smaller additional wattage lighting under the canopy hoping this will really fill out the length of the colas. Hopefully we'll have the new lighting up and running very soon.

Planning to add another net as the canopy is still growing through the other net.

@bipotato Yeam mate we took 6 clones during veg, but unfortunately we didn't think it through because we now have the 6 rooted clones under a small flouro in a tiny cab with no where to go. We initially were going to build a clone/veg room but didn't get around to it in time so the clones will be given away to friends. But hopefully the clones we gave away will be ready for cuttings when were due for the next round.

@Stoner Chick & John Goodman, thanks really appreciate it!

Also quick question, during our trimming session the other day we noticed a few leaves in the middle of the plant had turned yellow and died off, kind of N def sounding like maybe. So is this normal to see a few leaves every few days turn yellow? The yellowing leaves only occured in the middle of the plant were there is no light, the rest is looking healthy.

All tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Here's some pics of our ladies!!

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 6

Bezzzo

Some more pics..

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 7

NotsoFla

Hi all!

Also quick question, during our trimming session the other day we noticed a few leaves in the middle of the plant had turned yellow and died off, kind of N def sounding like maybe. So is this normal to see a few leaves every few days turn yellow? The yellowing leaves only occured in the middle of the plant were there is no light, the rest is looking healthy.

Here's some pics of our ladies!!

yes its normal. i would also look and use itat the forum called Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique and use it. need some light penetration for those ladies. scrog will help, but those r HUGE for only scrog'ing, you need some offensive defoliation.

Rushoe

sick bro looks like ur rocking them plantas for ur 1st time in coco. Great job man I am aslo just getting started in coco and I love it never again soil indoor.

Bezzzo

Hey guys,

@NotsoFla, yeah i was actually reading that Defloliation thread the other day and from what i got of it was that when using that technique it had to be trained/defoliate during early stages of veg. And since we were in or 12/12 cycle we didn't really want to stress them out too much.

After our trimming session of the smaller budsites the plants actually looked a bit stressed/minor drooping for a couple days, and well actually it's just starting look look better and more perked up as of today so i'm thinking even the small trimming we done had stressed the plants for a few days anyway. So maybe next time for the Defoliation technique.

Still hoping to get the extra lighting in underneath but the weather has been a bit too warm for the extra heat the lights will put off.

@rushoe and Tricky, Thanks for the compliment guys. cheers!

Bezzzo

Bezzzo

Update! Day 22 of flowering

Hi guys, have some update pics of the grow.

We finally added some side lighting and underneath lighting to the plants yesterday to help with areas not seeing light, there are 4 CLFs at each corner and HPS underneath in the middle bringing our total wattage up to 3520W! whilst maintaining about 27C - 28C inside the grow room.

Second net has been added to cater stretching and this week we will also be running Flower food(PGR) in very lose dosage(possibly 1/4 strength) in the res to help with the stretch.

Pix are a couple bud shots and one of the sidelight!
Will post some more pics over the weekend.

cheers,
bezzzo

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6

TicalionStalion

for a first grow this is amazing. no prior growing exp. at all?!?! thats awesome bro. and for 22 days things are lookin chunky. great work so far!

Latest posts

Latest posts