What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

update on white widow and la woman

yeah i dont really post as much just thought id update this.

my lst'd white widow, already ready for flowering but i need the la woman to catch up
picture.php

la woman.
picture.php

Nitrain

Not sure what your vegging under looks like some HPS, but LA woman doesnt stretch much during veg. I would try topping it or LST works good with this kush, as you dont want just one main cola bud as many bud dites as possible. Id let them both veg for another week or two at least.

R

rocky5

i have an la woman on the go at the moment and it seems difirent to how yours is
growing,maybee diferent phenos?mines has multiple branching from the main stem.
its in week 6 flower at the moment and it didnt sretch much in flower either.
i would say it dosent even double in hight when switched.
saying that i think i must have topped mine.
it has a lot of leaf to bud ratio no trichomes on the leaves but branches are very sturdy
not much smell at all comming off it.
your plants are looking good though just give it lots of veg if you want a fair amount off it.

ayatayo

hi Robertwantsganj.........your "woman" is already good to be lst'ed.....and then i bet it will bush i no time.......i've lst'ed plants that size, so i could take a clone without toping....

both plants are almost two months old. there really isnt any side branching at all from the woman its been like that forever. it just keeps shooting out more and more leaves. i was planning on just letting the woman grow it seems like it would be just one solid bud. but id appreciate any kinda help with it cause i didnt find much on it

Nitrain

Rob,
I have already run one LA woman and have another currently flowering in week 7. Top as soon as possible and those side branches will shoot out and even more when put to flower. It does not have much of a stretch and you will not see much tricomes on the leaves nor get much of a smell. The buds should be pretty dense but i wouldnt expect an above average harvest. Also im not sure what kind of light you are vegging under but i used some floros which also helped promote side growth. Before i harvest this LA woman ill take some pics for ya if ya havent seen the final product before.

does topping increase yield on that particular plant? cause i topped my last plant that i grew which was my first so i was wanting the la woman to grow normally.

R

rocky5

here is a picture of mine first week into flower,it has been topped
and tied down,you cant see how its tied but it is pulled back away from other plants.

here it is bellow 5-6 weeks in.

its the one nearest the front of photo,sorry cant seem to get
better pics as i have no space to move or pan out with the camera.
not much light breaks through canopy level for this one with all the leaves.

R

rocky5

so are you sayin i should top it? i wanted one huge bud but if toppin will give me more doja then i guess id do it.

no mate im not saying,top it.
im kind of thinking maybee i should have left it to do its own thing
as its only the top buds that get any light penetration due to the mass of leaves.
dont go on anything i say though as im just a novice,i was just sticking these photos up to give you an idea on how they look later
on.
i would wait for a more experianced growers view and i would be intrested to hear what others think also as i have kept a clone
just incase she is a good smoke.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey all- i guess everybody is growing that freebie. man talk about huge ass fan leaves. i topped mine about 2 weeks or so ago and the side branching has finally burst past those fans. my girl is about 20" and in day 3 of 12/12.

R

rocky5

la woman 1st wk of flower in 5 gal dwc

nice plant mate,looks like mine 1 week in.
it holds that shape all the way through now but more leaves
burst out and only the very tops of the bud see the light of day.
i kept a clone anyway and if its good i will let it go natural
apart from the lower growth which will be striped.

i hear it has got a coffee type taste which some folks dont
aquire a taste for but if the stone is good enough then taste
will come second.

MeanBean

Thanks for posting this, did you get those free from attitude seed bank? Just asking cause I had the same pair. I went to pop em the other day and accidentally baked them with my heating pad....

So pissed, but at least I can watch your grow lol... Guess I gotta make another order soon....

yeah i got it from attitude. but i just got back from reggae fest and my woman stretched! the stalk got thicker, side branching is starting and the widow and a big ol bush! ill post pictures later on

Latest posts

Latest posts