What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE's Panama vs Dr Greenthumb's Panama Red?

Jawa

THCvhunter is a thief who collects people’s seeds and never follows through. No wonder people rarely see his work dudes kept people’s shit and mine included then when called out about his shady shit he “gives away” your landrace genetics he was supposed to preserve dudes got a big mouth that feeds his own ego but luckily he keeps the same name everywhere so shits catching up to him. And claims he’s an international known breeder but he’s homeless looking for work and posts it on his ig too. The way he speaks about himself makes me wonder why people are not knocking On his cars hood begging him to work for them.

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all, pardon the heated avalanche of mixed opinions from my inquiry. Don't you just love it when many voices chime in on a pet topic?!

I've been cultivating heirloom landrace strains for more than 40 years and while I've tried my hand at many good hybrids over the years, my love for the unique highs and psychedelic experiences ranging in wild weed and it's durability to climatic factors, makes my decision to persist with this direction and will continue to do so as long as I'm in the grow.

Panama Red was just one of those elusive strains that most of us Oz growers never got our hands on. Most of us have sampled the various Mexican and Colombian lines at some point, so I guess we have some idea of where it sits among the Central and Southern American classics.

Ace certainly do some great hybrids and I've enjoyed some of their gear immensely, however, I will endeavor to chase the old Red as far as I can till I eventually get my hands on her.

thanks,

billy

Thcvhunter

Veteran
THCvhunter is a thief who collects people’s seeds and never follows through. No wonder people rarely see his work dudes kept people’s shit and mine included then when called out about his shady shit he “gives away” your landrace genetics he was supposed to preserve dudes got a big mouth that feeds his own ego but luckily he keeps the same name everywhere so shits catching up to him. And claims he’s an international known breeder but he’s homeless looking for work and posts it on his ig too. The way he speaks about himself makes me wonder why people are not knocking On his cars hood begging him to work for them.

Hey, JJ good to see you still trolling me.
You got shit real twisted.
My strains are all over the West Coast. East Coast too. And Europe. Africa. Australia.
Where are your genetics?

I aint no thief.
Im one of the few in this game with integrity, unlike you.

And did you know that many successful people were homeless at one point?
I chose not to have a home at the moment because I'm looking for where I want to be.
I've got offers up and down California but I also have offers internationally.
So Im taking some time, traveling, to find where I really want to set down my roots.

You know you've made it in this industry when you have haters/trolls.

:thank you: JJ

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Some people make that very difficult.

Jawa has my seeds that Irrazin was sending to me. Holding them hostage. So I told him to fuck off for being petty. Then got butthurt over the 6 seeds he sent me to include in the project I was gonna do for Irrazin with the seeds Irrazin was sending my way but Irrazin used Jawa as a distributor. So really, its Jawa who fucked everything up. But he likes to go around publishing private messages in a narrative to discredit me. Back in my day, a private message was exactly that - Private!

DenverJim

I bought seeds from Dr G in ~ ‘13 Iranian and jazz. Iranian is an interesting strain, a speed indica. Jazz is a creeper a real creeper. I crossed the Iran to X18 and grew 3 last year. I was shit one Stan and resin soaked. The list had visiable tricks in alliance branches. I talked to Dr G on the phone. He was informative and pleasant. I have tried to buy from Ace but have problems with my bank. In the early 70’ a friend stored 2 10lb bales of oxacan in his basement. I got full baggies from time to time. A pinned that tasted like paper was plenty to go to the movies if you wanted to follow. To the rookies it was a white out. They would just sit and stair not seeing. A friend from then commented about how we could get high function and get high again back then pot was a lesser drug like $1.58 bottle of cough syrup and a couple of beers. But back then you could get drunk and kill someone and get a $15.00 fine.

meizzwang

If you get the right individuals, Ace's panama is second to none on flavor and strength for a "pure sativa." The rosin is ridiculously flavorful with that sweet lemon goodness...wow, it's mouth watering!

The high is different than many of the other 100% sativa strains I've tried, and perhaps indica lovers might be open minded to try this one out! Aside from the soaring cerebral high, there are intense, almost psychedelic visual distortions. If you take away the body high, it reminds of me of a hard hitting indica. I personally didn't really like that aspect because while I do appreciate high potency, that visual distortion was a bit too much...kinda like slightly drunk but no body high to it. With that respect, it's probably better for relaxation and chillin.

However, this strain is proven high quality overall, and many people like that kind of high! I personally enjoyed the flavor and see great breeding potential in this line.

clearheaded

. Afaik most Himalayan and SE Asian NLDs show some relation (sometimes negligible) to the berry indica genepool, but not kush. I'm not sure it qualifies as "indica admixture", I guess it's semantic anyway.

I think that is probably because blueberry is actually half from Thai aka narrow leaf drug. But yes nepal or himalayan tend to have a fruityness of passionfruit or dark berries cough goji?? I wonder how related they are to the SE asian var. as you say BB shows connection to those?? or maybe himalayan have more affie type in them, or at least more related, maybe?

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
If you get the right individuals, Ace's panama is second to none on flavor and strength for a "pure sativa." The rosin is ridiculously flavorful with that sweet lemon goodness...wow, it's mouth watering!

The high is different than many of the other 100% sativa strains I've tried, and perhaps indica lovers might be open minded to try this one out! Aside from the soaring cerebral high, there are intense, almost psychedelic visual distortions. If you take away the body high, it reminds of me of a hard hitting indica. I personally didn't really like that aspect because while I do appreciate high potency, that visual distortion was a bit too much...kinda like slightly drunk but no body high to it. With that respect, it's probably better for relaxation and chillin.

However, this strain is proven high quality overall, and many people like that kind of high! I personally enjoyed the flavor and see great breeding potential in this line.

This seems to echo my experience with Ace's panama. I had 5 females and kept three, and running those again now. The three are different in structure and traits but carry a similar lemon terp profile. The effect is medium-strong but slightly debilitating, kinda like having your head in a vice. Interesting that you noted similar notes to an indica. Could this be a couch lock for your brain???

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=459799&stc=1&d=1529279695

These are the Greenthumb PR. The ACE PR was good but not the same high as this. This has a bit more body I think. More euphoria. This has a strong 'floral' taste to it. Almost perfume. Reports of the old PR did not say anything about floral taste, but rather pepper, earthy and such. So puzzling there but I think this is the real deal.

I took samples of the two PR at 72 days flower. I have a reduced light cycle and very blue light plus added a bit of uvb a couple times. Point is that I will have a plant mature faster than most will.

Both samples were potent with a bit of noids in the first 5 or so minutes. Disorienting at first if you smoke much. After that a smooth pleasant high with some body to it. Rolling effect of waves with this. Mixed with booze this would jack you I think. Trippy as any other strain I have grown. Tied with the Chimera Guerrero for trippy, honorable mention to Michoacan.

I will take these down at around 80 days and really could take them right now. A few amber trichs and lots of amber pistils already. The taste and effect from this is very close to the Snow PR I grew. Due to soil lockout I had stunted PR from Snow so can not compare the two physically.

I will reveg both plants. Yeah, I am real happy with the effects of both plants which seem to be about the same in terms of high.

Attachments

• SAM_0838.jpg
    SAM_0838.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 37

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
its very easy to detect if some supposed to be tropical variety has some subtropical hashplant influence or not. through process of curing, if your "tropical" buds will get more stony and less psychoactive in 8-10 months of curing, it has that influence. effect of real tropical cultivar will be more up and psychoactive after 1 year of curing. cheers.

Jawa

Hey, JJ good to see you still trolling me.
You got shit real twisted.
My strains are all over the West Coast. East Coast too. And Europe. Africa. Australia.
Where are your genetics?

I aint no thief.
Im one of the few in this game with integrity, unlike you.

And did you know that many successful people were homeless at one point?
I chose not to have a home at the moment because I'm looking for where I want to be.
I've got offers up and down California but I also have offers internationally.
So Im taking some time, traveling, to find where I really want to set down my roots.

You know you've made it in this industry when you have haters/trolls.

:thank you: JJ

What were promised for those seeds I sent you that you waited 3 years and never did anything with then randomly gave to a homeless person? Probably gave them to yourself lmao

I told you I have them and send the money to ship or id hand them to you in person after threatening to kidnap me? Lmao you’re a joke and everything is blowing up in your face. So many people are calling you out for being a thief and delusional. Ahahaha hey I have a 60 year old heirloom. Keep digging yourself deeper. Can’t keep your word for shit and that is why you stay hopping from location to location because you’re a dumb ass.

I kept your seeds? Lmao you never paid for shipping or sent an address how tf was I going to send them? You said you’d Send shipping info and payment with the seeds you promised for the seeds I gave you to widen up the gene pool but you lied about that too. Lol you haven’t made it in shit the only reason your name pops up is because you lie, keep peoples money, keep peoples seeds and you “see your lines in someone else’s work” lmfao

mexicani-ar

Anybody ever grow out Norstar genetics Panama Red f2? If you look far back In to his Instagram feed, you can see he has a pack of Breeders Choice Panama Red, I think that's where his f2's came from. Flower time on the pack says 94 - 120 days. I got a pack of these, I might give them a go next year.

rolandomota

O yea I grew some of those breeders choice Panama made f2 but their over 5 years old I don't know if they will grow nice lemon lime smell is all I remember orange hair so not the real thing real tropical sativa just not matching old descriptions I later saw an outdoor plant that turned all red so I guess that's why they called this strain Panama red? Cool but I heard it was red haired and nothing about lemon or red buds either way I don't have time to grow them I have to shut down soon but maybe I can convince to keep letting me grow because a friend has cancer