What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been searching all of the forums for the correct info on this girl. I want to be as accurate as I can with what has been said. I hate the rumor mill it adds nothing. If any have links that talk about this being LSD post that info.

Cannavore

Veteran
Some posts/quotes/pics pertaining to Sour Dubb & LSD/SLSD that I remember reading here on these boards:

REZDOG said:
bog's "L.S.D." used some NYCD pollen that I gave him, many years ago.

BushyOldGrower said:
REZ helped me with LSD by providing tested male pollen from Soma's NYCD. This saved me working with my NYCD until really familiar with the strain.

dank.frank said:
Sour Dubble = clone only = BOG's cut Sour Bubble x NYCD F2, Rez pollen - was my understanding. ..

Greyskull said:
there's that bog's story/line... one of many he's spewed out to address something he doesn't want to really address. i don't think he likes rez soooo much he won't give dude any cred. but thats just me. but he has stated more than one version. maybe he forgot. smokes a lot of pot. bless his heart.

there's rez's involvement. or non involvement. depending on who you ask. he (rez) said he sent selected pollen to bog. on purpose. hahahaha. i found an old poll asking folks how he and bog should combine forces even. then i started a thread asking him about it... man that was a shot in the dark. Rez is the one who pinpointed/started the nycd...

there's what I was told from the guy who planted the seeds put in his hand by bog himself at a festival... he was told sour diesel x sourbubble bx3 "best pot in your life". you think they were smoking a lot of pot at that festival where they did the exchange? i love my boy. even though he was PISSED at me and i thought we were going to come to blows (i wasn't supposed to give the cut to anyone. oops.)

and what? maybe soma created/brought forth the male and no one gives him a shout out for shit. come get high in maui soma! i got you!

Tell you what though....I'd rather just have a clean cut of the Sour Dubble to propgate and enjoy on a continual basis without fear of duddation.

if i could take the delorean to 88 and go back to visit myself in 2008 (before I passed it to anyone!) id go into my grow room and take a couple big fat healthy plants, load them up, shoot down the 5 real quick and high five my boys, and then go back to the future with some blast from the past... yeah

BOG's Elite Sour Bubble:
57Dscn1877.jpg

Ph-patrol

Veteran
So you have grown out Bogs sour LSD? Not close?
Because it all seems to start with BOG.
I mean he did not grow out that cut but he is the source of the seeds that made the cut.Right?
I can only think that there was a loss of parentage or a one shot of pollen. I'm full speculating though.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Running it for the first time - right around 42ish days. Was down there last night and gave her a little scratch n' sniff. No shit, the stink made my tastebuds juice a little bit. Actually smells like it tastes .. Sour?

Excellent thread PF, will surely be another great resource!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you have grown out Bogs sour LSD? Not close?
Because it all seems to start with BOG.
I mean he did not grow out that cut but he is the source of the seeds that made the cut.Right?
I can only think that there was a loss of parentage or a one shot of pollen. I'm full speculating though.

What's you point?? Yes I did grow his SLSD and his LSD and all his other Cultivars. None where close to Sdubb terpene profile.. Just like any other 1 off plant. You not going to find it again even if you know exactly what the genetics are. We need to get back to the Cultivars that had the really good flav/Aroma's. Potency is nothing without the terpenes to go with it. I lose interest real quick when it doesn't smell or taste good IMO of course..

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I thought I was just asking a question not necessarily trying to make a point.I clearly stated my interest in the Sour Double and any works thats being currently done with her.Meaning expressions she is giving in her offspring.
I agree even with both parent you may never find her in the pool.But you coulds find something close or even better.

Keepers are found and lost every day.Its just the way it is.:)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess I didn't get it. I said I grew them then you asked me again if I grew them. It read like you didn't believe me...

Anyway, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cannavore[/FONT] you have any pics of that Death star mom ??

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No clue what that meas WB??? ...

It will be interesting to see how much influence the Sdubb has on the crosses made..The Rstone couldn't be more different the the Sdubb. I really like the Ginger aroma she puts off.

Cannavore

Veteran
I guess I didn't get it. I said I grew them then you asked me again if I grew them. The way it was posted I didn't take it as a question. It read like you didn't believe me...

Anyway, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cannavore[/FONT] you have any pics of that Death star mom ??

Nah I don't. This cross was made by Cannarado, not me.

My favorite seems to lean more towards Death Star so far. Or at least what I'm assuming is DS dom. Okay vigor and branching on her. Fingers crossed the smoke will be good, i'll be flowering soon :)

r1UZDkk.jpg

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
so whats to stop...from taking several ECSD clones... from various sources...
and cracking multiple sour bubble beans... finding various top notch males...
and spewing there loads all over these select clones....
seems like it would be the right gene pool to play w/

also I've smoke his sour bubb...w/ him... lemon was never a note that came to mind....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't what Cannavore?

I asked him if he had pics of the Death star mom ...

That's a good point yort. I think many got scared of the duding issues that popped up back then. No one really put much effort in this gem. Just like the glue the dud disappeared .. I have never had a dud. I hope that never happens.

Cannavore

Veteran
i wanna make bio dubb some day. have about 25 bio diesel bx1 f2's to play with.
33.jpg

viva los bio dubb!
[youtube]-OwbBBOdyc0[/youtube]

but more immediately i should be getting some ONYCD (91 skva x tres dawg) pollen after the summer from a buddy to play around with. definitely making sour dubb x onycd & pk x onycd for pheno hunting.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's in the works my friend. .My Bio-D f1 cut is vegging..I will pollinate her when I have 1 to flower.

MadCow

I first was given the dubb back in 2009, ran it till 2011, lost it when I moved then got it back again last year. My top 3 for sure. Love this strain. Glad to see there is a thread dedicated to her. Taste is for sure best at 56 days. Been running it lately to 70 and the taste just isn't as good.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
A-dubb o-dubb dubbtech/dt7 all dubb crosses those boys in san Diego finest been breeding her a while back... adubb was my personal fav.... i dont got the time to dig it up... but some of the finest dub pics n stories are in that thread...