What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpp Extractors Saying Hello!

K

kimc_ext

Shout out to quick shipping and awesome help from Valerie at Terpp Extractors.

Old Gold

Just received some new equipment today. I'm sad to say that the 3-way SAE tee Terpp sent me leaks. Soapy bubbles!
Probably nothing major, just need to redo the gas tape. I just find it silly to get something as simple as pipe threads/SAE threads pre-assembled, with leaks at the PTFE tape.
Plenty of time/effort can go into little shit like this, as any of you "engineers" might know.

Why not offer the NPT tee separately as well?

BlueOrganics

Just received some new equipment today. I'm sad to say that the 3-way SAE tee Terpp sent me leaks. Soapy bubbles!
Probably nothing major, just need to redo the gas tape. I just find it silly to get something as simple as pipe threads/SAE threads pre-assembled, with leaks at the PTFE tape.
Plenty of time/effort can go into little shit like this, as any of you "engineers" might know.

Why not offer the NPT tee separately as well?
Why not contact Terpp to find out why it could have been sent to you with leaking fittings? They actually do sell all of the items you need for that separately. If you contacted them with any concerns I'm sure they would be more than happy to make you happy and more than likely would want to try to prevent that from happening again, so would appreciate the information. They are not a huge corporation. They are a relatively small company.
Communication is the key to ending ignorance.

Old Gold

I didn't find it to be the biggest deal. I just wanted to put a reminder out that just because something was preassembled, doesn't mean it was done so perfectly.
In the past, when I called, they only offered parts available online (for example, only one sized cone reducer). I know they have access to all these things and at least directed me to good sources of equipment that they don't have.

Mednugs

I have been very interested in terp extraction as a way to enhance the final product of cannabis oil. I wonder orange extraction I should add per gram to increase cancer fighting ability?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chalice Hash Oil Festival (number 3!!!) Victorville Cali this 710 weekend!

Chalice Hash Oil Festival (number 3!!!) Victorville Cali this 710 weekend!

email from Terpp...

"Chalice Festival - Victorville, CA
Alright, alright, alright! We're headed back to Chalice, as most of you may know, and it is coming up this weekend! The festival will run from Friday to Sunday, starting at 3PM on Friday and Noon on Saturday and Sunday. We'll be burning the midnight oil with the festival ending at 12AM each evening.

We're going to be housed outside in booth number 55 with Across International. Our guys will have machines to sell, plenty of advice to give, and maybe a hat pin, shirt or some other swag. Across International always brings plenty of gear to admire, gawk at, and ultimately buy, so if you aren't in need of another extractor, come down for the ovens...Everyone needs another oven, right?

NEW TOYS
Jacketed Shatter Platters for both the MK4C and the MK3 will be arriving soon, and if you guys are interested we can start taking pre-orders. These units will have male NPT connections on both sides of the jacket to facilitate the flow of your chosen heating fluid.

Molecular Sieves are arriving at approximately the same time as the jacketed shatter platters. There will be 1.5" diameter and 2" diameter units with either 1/4" or 3/8" connections for optimum customization.

Fully Jacketed Dewaxing Columns are going to be fully jacketed, flow regulated, and setup with 1/2" connections for your favorite, albeit expensive, chilling unit. Designed for use with a mixture of propylene glycol and water, these units will eliminate the need for the pesky dry ice and alcohol mix so many of us have used for too long.

There are few more new toys that are on the way, but we're not quite ready to let those out of the bag just yet.

One More Thing!!!
If any of you guys have requests for parts or assemblies you're looking for and haven't seen yet, cannot seem to find, or just simply do not exist send us an email! We're happy to take a look at the idea, and if we determine that it is something we are going to produce, we will give you the first production model created FOR FREE!"

http://www.chalicecalifornia.com/general-info/

tortabeech

Hi guys!
I bought an mk3 terpp extractor with the 900g dewaxing column and an oven with a 2-stage pump (9 cfm). I'm still a little puzzled if I'm truly dewaxing properly! Terpp is closed for the weekend and I would like to know if anybody here who dewaxes their product using an mk3, bought any additional columns to catch the fats/lipids. I read on other forums about Gray Wolf using a sock filter, but where would I place that? In the reducer where my input valve #4 is? Or the reducer above my column?

Attachments

• 14801889142301976410504.jpg
    14801889142301976410504.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1480188935789-1039905303.jpg
    1480188935789-1039905303.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys!
I bought an mk3 terpp extractor with the 900g dewaxing column and an oven with a 2-stage pump (9 cfm). I'm still a little puzzled if I'm truly dewaxing properly! Terpp is closed for the weekend and I would like to know if anybody here who dewaxes their product using an mk3, bought any additional columns to catch the fats/lipids. I read on other forums about Gray Wolf using a sock filter, but where would I place that? In the reducer where my input valve #4 is? Or the reducer above my column?

It goes between the column dump valve and the lower collection tank. You can get a tri clamp unit using a 4" X 8" assembly from Sweetleaf for about $350.

I prefer a 1 micron polyester felt filter, which were developed for the biodiesel industry.

BlueOrganics

Hi guys!

Tortabeech,

I see in one of the photos you have electricity very close to the extractor. That is not a good idea. Your electricity should be a minimum of 10 feet away from anything containing gas. Better to have it in another room that gas cannot leak into.

Latest posts

Latest posts