What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Safety aka "Please don't immolate or blow your self up!"

I am analyzing the process not the substance. I am also directing my statements at the people who read this site to inform themselves on the subject of BHO. The target audience on this subject is young, pot smokers, not lab technicians.

Just because YOU (grey wolf) are trained and capable does not mean that everyone that reads your "how to safely establish a clandestine lab in your home" tutorial on the web is going to be safe when he tries this at home. Nor will you be there to pick up the pieces when he causes damage from an explosion, or the environmental damage, or the health hazards to everyone.

Your dismissive response seems indicative of your level of respect for others. So does you irresponsibly advocating pollution and methods of possible immolation.

And for the record, coca leaf is not nearly as destructive as the process involved in turning it into a pure smokable form (see richard prior)

BHO is going to make the whole cannabis community look bad each time someone gets hurt or killed.

wow! i have been biting my tongue from your first post.

bho is keeping my mother living at home with me rather then in a nursing home drugged to zombification by big pharma! and you say it is not a medication! would like you to send 24 hours with my unmedicated 82 year old alzheimers mother? she will beat the crap out of you!

where would we be if we did not allow ben to play with electricity because of electrocution? or henry play with motors because of potential auto accidents? what about the danger of space travel? danger is everywhere. restricting knowledge is the mentality of a declining society, a vicious downward spiral of intelligence. it is up to each of us to asses our own skill and ability and stay within the bounds.

the point is, if others are not capable of judging their own capabilities, how can i? perhaps the french are right; let the stupid kill themselves so the stupid don't beget more stupid! those who follow safety precautions do not generrally show up on the news. it's those who take short cuts for the benefit of ease, skill, available equipment etc. that become the negative part of statistics.

how can we avoid those situations when we are not there. the best we can do is informational threads, like this one, to help people make appropriate decisions. looks like the appropriate decision for you is to stick with what comes out of the ground. i just hope you and yours have no need to depend on you to cure cancer or keep them 1/2 sane from the symptoms of such debilitating diseases as alzheimer's, 'cause if they depended on you, failure would surely follow!

hammalamma

Veteran
yeah, I don't like ti plates, first of all, it requires a blow torch. I have made ice water hash that was smoked side by side on a ti plate with BudderKings"s famous "budder". We had some of the really gold ear wax that was tested at 98% THC. It was pretty good, I was surprised at how much flavor it had. When I tried mine next to it, which was a beautifully crumbly ice wax from a Deep Funk (Bohdi Seeds- Deep Chunk x Sour Deisel). This strain actually has such large trichs you get most of the melt in the 120 bag. I prefer to smoke it on a screen, so I can heat it gently at first to get the flavors, then high heat to vaporize the cannabinoids. The budder melts right thru a screen, making for a large amount of waste when attempting this method.

While the budder did leave slightly less residue, it was unable to match the palette of the ice water extract. There is also a certain richness and complexity to the high brought on by the terpenes that solvent based extractions leave behind.

Good luck if you want to smoke "on the go". Most oil heads I know carry an oil pipe (glass dick). It gets some funny looks from certain people, that's for sure, but it's the most convienient way to vape oil when you are not at home.

That ti curve is a neat looking peice, I just don't see myself switching over to one anytime soon.

1.Buddrerking is phony.
2.You did not have budder tested at 98%.
3.I have many friends that smoke earwax, budder, sexy oil, shatter, absolute amber, cream, honeyccomb and iso off screens, you just have to double up on the screen.
4.Properly made bho will have ten times the terpenes as ice trash, I mean wax, imo.
4a. ice wax is not wax, only a term for marketing it to oil heads.
5.Although I have used one, no one I know uses one, If I had to guess I would say I know at least 25 people that use oil every day.
6. Nowhere near convenient, have ever tried to load one of those pipes with sticky oil? Not fun. Ever heard of the omicron or the eskillet or the twenty other portable oil rigs.

Do some research before talking shit so you don't sound so stupid next time.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a horney shroom to me mon! Lawrd (Great Spirit) only knows how bad it could be if you tripped while toking on the run with that rascal.

Ah shudder to think about it that close to your jugular, in the event of a BHO oil flash fire or explosion as well.

Ah also just have to ask, cause it looks like parts of it could be used in lieu of an obsidian knife or short sword for personal protection, so ah ass-u-me it comes with a shoulder holster or equivalent and wonder iff'n you have to have a permit to carry that thang concealed.

I also notice you are using water in it. Do you have any idea how many people die a year worldwide from water borne illnesses and do you have the water periodically tested if you aren't using certified sources?

Lastly bro, ah just hate to think what all those sharp horns on the outside of that puppy are doing to the inside of your throat and lungs. It may not be too late to stop using it and save yourself and others you may be sharing it with.

Fortunately I am here to save you bro, so if you will carefully pack and ship that dangerous piece of equipment to me, I will send you a hash pipe that I carved myself out of a stick with an obsidian knife to keep it organic, and cleverly added a stainless steel screen.

I'll even wrap it in raw uncured gut and attach one of mah healing magic crow feathers, over which I have danced a healing dance and uttered secret and sacred half breed injun incantations as a bonus, to help heal the wounds this evil contraption has wreaked on yore poor body.

Nobody uses that but me.. It was way expensive. If I break it it's on me. I love it..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nobody uses that but me.. It was way expensive. If I break it it's on me. I love it..

I know how you feel. I've broken almost all of the glass pipes that I have ever owned.

I had a one time run of oil pipes for the skunk pharmers, with one spare. ES broke hers first and glommed onto the spare and despite all my extra steps to protect mine, knocked it off the top of the microwave with the dog ball flinger, hanging from the back pack I hoisted up onto my back. The flinger flipped up and over my shoulder and picked it off as certainly as if I had used a scoped rifle.

Fortunately it wasn't broken as badly as ES's, and the original manufacturer was able to repair it for $25. Here is a picture of it after repairs, along with our new design prototype for general production.

As you can see, as an artistic designer I suck and the craftmanship is all by others:

Attachments

• New glass ware and repaired skunk pipe.jpg
    New glass ware and repaired skunk pipe.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 44
G

guest8905

how about the safety to the health of the smoke to the lungs?

links and info greatly appreciated as ive tried to scour a bunch of threads and am coming up empty

thanks

Bullfrog44

Veteran
This thread has gotten retarded. If you can't handle making BHO, then don't. Anybody with some common sense will make it for you. If you don't like smoking BHO, don't. Seems simple to me.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how about the safety to the health of the smoke to the lungs?

links and info greatly appreciated as ive tried to scour a bunch of threads and am coming up empty

thanks

All the studies that I have seen show that inhaling anything that is hot and leaves combustion free-radicals and residue in your lungs, is not salubrious. Smoking is simply not good for your lungs.

That is one of the arguments for vaporizing the oil in a water pipe instead of combusting it. Cooler and no free combustion radicals.

Interestingly, I've actually seen reports showing that smokers that smoke cigarettes and cannabis, have a lower incident of lung cancer than those whom simply smoke cigarettes, but I haven't saved any. Next time I run across one, I will post it for you.

yes after three days of work taking down my garden for real estate appraisal, i took out my precious bubbler for a celebratory hit. it slid through my fingers which refused answer to the grab command, and fall to the ground in a million pieces! i was so appreciative of the spare.

graywolf had to wait weeks for a return from vacation by the blower before the pipe could be submitted for repair.

does anyone know how shatter is made ? I know how to do regular BHO but i would love to make it hard like shatter. if you know please post .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I herd about that. The nit wit light up a smoke with blowing tane how stupid can you be.

420mike

I try to keep anything and anyone away from me when blowing BHO. My wife seemed to think having her cell phone nearby was ok.. I believe any elecronic devices as well as the clothing and situations described above should be kept away.

Waterpumpee

New to the forum--looks like a lot of great people and information here. :D

This topic is very interesting.

I had never worried about cell phones and I'm not sure that I will in the future.

Because of circumstances in my area, we spray indoors in a vacant mobile home.

Typically spraying for 2 days, pretty much all day, with around 500 cans of butane in the room.

I unplug the window A/C unit and we do not smoke.

Our reservoir sits on portable electric grill that we have plugged into power.

A heat gun is also plugged in--both the heat gun and the grill are inches away from the columns and reservoir.

Often, a vacuum pump is in the same room (15ft away) but doesn't get used much during spray times.

I feel we have a very safe setup and couldn't imagine an explosion.

Been making BHO for 8 years indoors now (often in impulse locations) and never had any issues.

Currently getting 1 1/2 lbs oil out of two day run. There are only two of us involved in the whole process aside from when Mrs. Waterpumpee is available to help out so it's a shit-ton of work...a shit ton.

Do you guys have any tips for how I could do this any safer?

Running the vac can be eliminated but I can't imagine not using the grill or heat gun as it would surely take a week to run waiting on all that evaporation; I can't think of a practical way to provide a hot water bath or any other non-electric/non-sparking method.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New to the forum--looks like a lot of great people and information here. :D

This topic is very interesting.

I had never worried about cell phones and I'm not sure that I will in the future.

Because of circumstances in my area, we spray indoors in a vacant mobile home.

Typically spraying for 2 days, pretty much all day, with around 500 cans of butane in the room.

I unplug the window A/C unit and we do not smoke.

Our reservoir sits on portable electric grill that we have plugged into power.

A heat gun is also plugged in--both the heat gun and the grill are inches away from the columns and reservoir.

Often, a vacuum pump is in the same room (15ft away) but doesn't get used much during spray times.

I feel we have a very safe setup and couldn't imagine an explosion.

Been making BHO for 8 years indoors now (often in impulse locations) and never had any issues.

Currently getting 1 1/2 lbs oil out of two day run. There are only two of us involved in the whole process aside from when Mrs. Waterpumpee is available to help out so it's a shit-ton of work...a shit ton.

Do you guys have any tips for how I could do this any safer?

Running the vac can be eliminated but I can't imagine not using the grill or heat gun as it would surely take a week to run waiting on all that evaporation; I can't think of a practical way to provide a hot water bath or any other non-electric/non-sparking method.

You didn't say how you are diffusing and evacuating the butane from indoors.

Butane is explosive with the right mix of fuel and oxygen, and a spark. To prevent an explosion you have to control at least one of the three.

I'm sorry that I can't tell you how to do what you are doing safer, if you are going to ignore what I already said.