What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dumb question about last years organic veggie soil

thewhitelotus

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ive emptied all my containers from last years veggie garden on a few tarps in the backyard....i want to get the soil ready for this upcoming gardening season but i dont want to go and buy 14 different ammendments to add to the soil because i dont think i will be at this location for another year

I was thinken of getting some quality EWC locally here and mixing in with the soil and finally adding some Dr. Earths dry vegetable fertilizer per the instructions and let it cook for 3-4 weeks with an occasional brewed tea to wake things up.

During the growing season i simply top dress with a local garden boost compost and foliar with a local "worm wine" that works absolutely incredible so im ok on that side of things, but its replenishing the old soil im unfamiliar with

thanks a ton everyone
[/FONT]

B

Baked Alaskan

I also dump my soil, mix with the older soil that has been sitting in my greenhouse for years. I re-amend with compost, small amount of ewc and 5-5-5 Happy Frog.

I grow a bit different than most. I put the 5-5-5 in shallow trenches and not mixed in the soil. Check out earthboxes on youtube.

I get great results growing this way. Never have deficiencies until the last few weeks, I get yellowing near the end but it doesn't seem to hurt yield.

supermanlives

Veteran
I did the earthbox thing I had like 10 of em I think.... worked nice... I add back half of what I originally put in and go from there...espoma makes a decent cheap ferts too.. a lot depends on what ya put in originally as to whats left... watersoluable stuff will be gone for most part .blood meal,guanos,castings ect...

Latest posts

Latest posts