What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clone Sanitization & Quarantine

Desert Dan

Veteran
With so many people sharing cuts these days I thought it would be cool to have a thread sharing different cleaning techniques...

After a bout with root aphids everything I have gets foliage dipped in 50:50 isopropyl and water, root drench at 1:4 h2o2 and water, then full plant submersion in Botaniguard WP at 2tbsp/gal.

If going from cubes, rock wool, etc. into a container I mix in some insect frass and top dress with neem cake.

Weekly foliar of neem with silica and weekly root drench of Botaniguard WP. Use yellow sticky traps for surveillance.

Hopefully after a month of quarantine there’s no creepy crawlers.

How does everybody else do it?

-DD :tiphat:

PARADOX

In general for clones out of my own room or anything coming into my spot its the same routine. 1-clip cuts and submerge them in a combo of botanigard,nematodes and rootshelid for a count of about 10-15 seconds. Insert them into the clone media and into the domes. 2- as they are leaving the dome about 10 days later the get a dunk of insectisidal soap and method 1ppm/ essential oil extract. 3- they get another round of botanigard at the roots and foliar 4. h202 at 1% as a leaf rinse. 5set my benifical bug sachets and put them into flower where they coast till the end. I picked up a graco x7 and its amazing for ipm. life safer when you have many plants

Gonna dunk in water h2o2 10:1 and lost coast plant therapy at recommended strength 2oz./gal for 30 sec or more then rinse in water and aloe. we'll see how that works for thrips...

foo dog

Having worked in plant research I'd recommend quarantining everything as much as possible. Some things can't be treated and you'll rue the day they show up in your grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts