What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much would you pay for this light?

Dion

Hey gang

i wont give too much info other than its 165w led output(176w at the wall)

the brand is GARDENFIRE LED
it is
5 bridgelux bxeb 3500k gen 2
meanwell xlg 150 driver
ip67 ac electrical connecton ect

if you saw this online what would u expect to pay or what might u bid?:thank you:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The low end of the price spectrum would put it against competition selling at around 150USD per unit I'm thinking.
Gardenfire hopefully won't turn into an attic fire hahaha

CC

Dion

The low end of the price spectrum would put it against competition selling at around 150USD per unit I'm thinking.
Gardenfire hopefully won't turn into an attic fire hahaha

CC

hey thanks mate

yeah i was thinkin to sell a bit cheaper than the meiju boards we see

150usd is about what i was thinking

and perhaps i should rethink the name?

hayday

Veteran
$150.00 would be a good price point and Yes, It does need a new name. Gardensun,Solgarden...something not fire lol

TheDarkStorm

Dont look like a bad light at all really...seems to have quite a chunky heatsink too.....be nice if it had some uv an deep red an ir diodes.....at the price your thinking Dion an it being a 165watts I would definitely have a look at it, as im sure would many others....did you take any mesurements in a tent on spread an penetration ?

Sunshineinabag

Hey gang

i wont give too much info other than its 165w led output(176w at the wall)

the brand is GARDENFIRE LED
it is
5 bridgelux bxeb 3500k gen 2
meanwell xlg 150 driver
ip67 ac electrical connecton ect

if you saw this online what would u expect to pay or what might u bid?:thank you:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83637&pictureid=2054818&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83637&pictureid=2054821&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83637&pictureid=2054824&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83637&pictureid=2054823&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I've found w LEDs umol is your friend and go to spec to check. I believe 2.7 is a good number I'll be corrected if I'm not. Love LEDs tho

Dion

wonderful question

i have calculated measurements bassed off data sheet and electrical and thermal testing i did

i want to buy a par meter and get the data but im not too sure i shluld even bother investing any more into this before i start selling maybe rent one

i can tell you it is slightly more efficient than your HLG quantum board though for sure

Dion

Dont look like a bad light at all really...seems to have quite a chunky heatsink too.....be nice if it had some uv an deep red an ir diodes.....at the price your thinking Dion an it being a 165watts I would definitely have a look at it, as im sure would many others....did you take any mesurements in a tent on spread an penetration ?

wonderful question

i have calculated measurements bassed off data sheet and electrical and thermal testing i did, in a 2x2 it goes up to 960ppfd
or 365 ppf per unit

so in µmol/(m2s)
1 in a 2x2 gets you 960 FLOWER
1 in a 3x3 gets you 450 VEG
2 of these in a 3x3 u get 900 FLOWER
2 in a 4x4 gets u round 500 VEG
3 in a 4x4 gets you about 760 FLOWER

as u can see they scale nicely for standard size tents and I have a connector system so as many lights as u need can be interconnected for a big frame

oh and it draws 180w at the wall, the led is driven at 165w

keep those name suggestions coming

i was even thinking bluxboards or smth but k, gonna have to rethink the name

thanks

i want to buy a par meter and get the data but im not too sure i shluld even bother investing any more into this before i start selling maybe rent one

i can tell you it is slightly more efficient than your HLG quantum board though for sure

busting out the old spreed sheets it looks like this

budlover123

looks like a good light. What xlg-150 driver are you using? What current are you running them LEDs at? Does Bridgelux make the full spectrum LEDs on boards like this? Not the separate colors but the full spectrum diodes. It was hard to find those last time I looked.

Dion

looks like a good light. What xlg-150 driver are you using? What current are you running them LEDs at? Does Bridgelux make the full spectrum LEDs on boards like this? Not the separate colors but the full spectrum diodes. It was hard to find those last time I looked.

cheers

im using the meanwell xlg-150 AB version, so get to steal some extra watts from the led gods (a version) but still have a dimmer knob(b version), of course only dims to 50%

you mean white led? or ...? dunno what u mean exactly by full spectrum but not seperate, im imagining white led with pumps in the red

I'm running them at 1.65A max wasnt expecting it but the driver gave me that much juice to play with

Dion

yeah they are a purple looking led that goes from UV to far red with only a little bit of green and orange light. They're hard to find compared to white but they're pretty good, they're hard to find on boards except for these cob packages https://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-10-wat...809148&hash=item33bf430b1e:g:EQQAAOSwTA9X3Bt6

Sorry I'm just curious about these lights, what is the current output on that meanwell driver? how are the LED strips wired?

1.65mA running in series

I have a design for a light with spectrum tuning(like 40w of blue and 5000k and 40watt of red plus another 240w of white

Would be good for a 3*3 but I don't think the cost is appealing to most

TheDarkStorm

Seems to be pushing good numbers in the tents too from wat youve been able to work out.....anyway good luck in your venture dion....il be keeping a eye out for your work.
Just a though it might be a idea if you or one of your buddies can do a start to finish grow diary with the light here so people can see how they perform an the results themselves.....

Dion

Seems to be pushing good numbers in the tents too from wat youve been able to work out.....anyway good luck in your venture dion....il be keeping a eye out for your work.
Just a though it might be a idea if you or one of your buddies can do a start to finish grow diary with the light here so people can see how they perform an the results themselves.....

Thanks mate

Yeah I will get a par meter to confirm soon enough for sure but my spreadsheets underguess usually so we will see

Due to obvious legalities I have never in my life grown weed

There is however another user who has been using my lights not on this forum though

I'd be more than happy so send someone a light at cost price if they were willing to do a review journal

Dion

How about This one?

How much ya reckon?

So these are gen 3 EB strips not gen 2 btw

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Legalcdn

Is 280w wired in series? If so, that is a lot of power.

I am building a 11 strip bridgelux strip (560) on aluminium flashing frame with a 240 - 1050 meanwell (in series). Running at 1650 is pretty hot. RIU thermal thread has temp reading. Looks cool what you built.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
150 seems fair, given it is already assembled. Good to see you around Dion, you got me to build my first LED for my PC case years ago. Still use those Vero COBs for a clone/mother tent. :good:

Dion

150 seems fair, given it is already assembled. Good to see you around Dion, you got me to build my first LED for my PC case years ago. Still use those Vero COBs for a clone/mother tent. :good:

Good to see ya too mate

I'm following ur build on the other forum

Stellar room so far