What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bublawi ( Bubba Kush x Malawi) FEM.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much @sativaman514 for pursuing your interest in discovering more expressions from this hybrid :D

The Bubba Katsu used as mother is very heterozygous so the variation in the hybrid comes mainly from her, this means unstability but also allows much more recombination of traits, something interesting in some cases, meaning you can get Malawi shaped plants with Bubba terpenes like the one you commented, and many other recombinations, such as short, compact Bubba shaped plants of very fast flowering, but with very strong Malawi sativa effects. The terpene profile of this Bubba mother is not sweet-floral at all. It's very coffee-hashy-earthy.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Looks good friends…
D2AEAC71-276D-4359-9814-6D4B64D4138D.jpeg

some new play thinks thanks to Ace via M@ndell@. Looking forward to these.

paisajedehierba

Thank you Dubi. This spring has been cooler, cloudier and wetter than recent years. The first signs of spider mites appear.

Attachments

• P1490367.JPG
    P1490367.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
  • P1490369.JPG
    P1490369.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • P1490370.JPG
    P1490370.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 59

GreenamI

So cool to see all the different bublawi grows and phenos here. I have to admit that we got really inspired by @sativaman514 to try and find one of the killer malawi phenos. I was actually thinking about letting you try them all to confirm if we found a pheno like one of your first Malawi grows you posted on growdiaries, untill I realised you live on the other side of the ocean....

If the killer pheno itself isn't impressive enough, it would be even more impressive to get it in a shorter flowering (with denser flowers for those who care) and a more kushy smell. Bublawi seemed to be a good candidate for this! Next to that, on phylos galaxy, the malawi cut from ace was ranked as most distant from a bubba kush, so we expected a lot of vigour in this "hybrid" offspring.

Unfortunately we only had capacity to test 4 seeds, 2 bublawi's, 2 malawi's. Vigour was not stronger than the Malawi's themselves. But Malawi's vigour was very impressive (I would love to try and graft some of the original zkittelz that @Karma G has on them), even stronger than the Panama bangi haze and around 15 other strains from different breeders. The bublawi's where a good second tho! One ended up being very short and stubby with very dense nugs, a floral smell and balanced high. The other was closer to the Malawi, but with broader fan leaves, and denser nugs. It had a pine and sandalwood smell to it, very beautiful plant and a big yielder. Unfortunately there was no killer pheno with that head racing high like described by @sativaman514 in any of them, so the search will go on. Who knows what these other seeds behold.

Bublawi #2:
bublawi #2.jpg
bublawi #2 whole plant.jpg
bublawi #2 flowers.jpg

Edit: and a big thanks ofcourse to ace seeds @dubi for providing these genetics 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A big :thank you:to you for your feedback @GreenamI ! Bubba Kush is indeed a really suitable indica to improve Malawi rude taste and smells with her very refined terpenes, and she has enough variablity to allow more recombination than most F1s. May need to pop a bunch of seeds to find that queen with a rich Bubba terpene profile and a very strong and challenging Malawi effect, of outrageous resin production, high yield and short flowering time. Your female 2 in the pictures has a desirable balance of traits from both.

Please, let us know also about your Malawi experience in the Malawi thread :yes: (if you haven't done it yet). Enjoy! ;)

Hola @paisajedehierba glad she has survived her first month outdoors in guerrilla and catching up well :yes: There are some small bites here and there, but seems spider mites are under control (anyway, use preventives).

paisajedehierba

Bubba Kush x Malawi yesterday. I Cut back the main shoot ten days ago to encourage branching and keep the plant's center of gravity lower. First preflowers are visible.

Attachments

• 20230704_BKxMA_(first preflower).JPG
    20230704_BKxMA_(first preflower).JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230704_BKxMA (2).JPG
    20230704_BKxMA (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • 20230704_BKxMA (1).JPG
    20230704_BKxMA (1).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 60

paisajedehierba

BK x MA_2023-07-2019

Attachments

• 20230719_BK x MA (1).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA (1).JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230719_BK x MA (2).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA (2).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230719_BK x MA (3).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA (3).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (1).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (1).JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (2).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (2).JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (3).JPG
    20230719_BK x MA_height 1,25m_steamrub smell_woody spicy slightly fruity (3).JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 53

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love the guerrilla garden @paisajedehierba :D The Bubba Kush x Malawi looks with that strong branching more Malawi dominant now she is fully sexually matured. Neither Bubba Kush or Malawi are the most resistant genetics against mildew, so spray them with sulfur (even to the nearby local fauna) now they haven't started flowering yet, .

mexican

Does anyone know where I can still find these seeds? with shipping to México...

I have already grown it and I liked it, there are a lot of different phenotypes, I want to grow it again, maybe I can find a malawi pheno with faster flowering for indoor suitable.

Dubi, will you have more seeds in the future? I think it is a very interesting project that deserves to continue.

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

BK x MA_height 190cm / 74,8 inch_pictures taken 2023-08-29
BK x MA is the left plant in the overview picture.

Attachments

• P1040370.JPG
    P1040370.JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 48
  • P1040375.JPG
    P1040375.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 48
  • P1040376.JPG
    P1040376.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
  • P1040378.JPG
    P1040378.JPG