What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should Trump pardon Obama?

packerfan79

Veteran
Should the President pardon Barack Obama, for the good of the country. As an attempt to calm the divisions in this nation. As the victim of these high crimes, and misdemeanors, the President could be the bigger man for all Americans.

Gry

the question is based upon a set of conditions which don't exist.
If however we look to history, such pardons have been always been beloved by the CIA.

Gry

Packer, to the best of my knowledge. that is a claim made only by Fox.
You seem to evade the part of my reply which speaks to the heart of the issue.

packerfan79

Veteran
Packer, to the best of my knowledge. that is a claim made only by Fox.
You seem to evade the part of my reply which speaks to the heart of the issue.

Are you claiming that without CIA approval, pardons can't happen?
In previous administrations I would probably agree. Obviously the CIA, and the Trump administration have a quite different relationship, than most presidents.

Fox maybe the only corporate media that has covered it. Fox is old people news, no one under 55 get there news from cable news. I have always believed, what the news doesn't report, is where the truth is found.

There are dozens of independent news sources that have covered Obamagate.

T

TakenByTheSky

Would Obama pardon Trump? NO

So why should Trump pardon Obama?

packerfan79

Veteran
Would Obama pardon Trump? NO

So why should Trump pardon Obama?

For the good of the country. To rise above the extreme partisanship. We all know what Obama did. A prosecution of Obama would most likely lead to extreme violence from the left , and an extreme response from the right. .I would one day like to have more than 3 friends who disagree with me and still believe I am a human being.

Gry

In previous administrations I would probably agree. Obviously the CIA, and the Trump administration have a quite different relationship, than most presidents.

Fox maybe the only corporate media that has covered it. Fox is old people news, no one under 55 get there news from cable news. I have always believed, what the news doesn't report, is where the truth is found.

You asked what I am claiming.
My claim is that each and every similar pardon
had one thing in common. It helped the agency at the expense of the country.

Gry

Apologies if my posting is odd, am doing this from a phone.
What is it that leads to you to believe this president has a different relationship with the agency than past presidents?

packerfan79

Veteran

correlation, doesn't necessarily equate to causation. You can be assured I am not a CIA operative.

Hell we could break the cycle, with this pardon.

packerfan79

Veteran
What is it that leads to you to believe this president has a different relationship with the agency than past presidents?

The fact that the CIA was part of the conspiracy to remove him from office.I doubt Brennan was the only spook, who was involved.

Do you believe there is a distinction between the agents on the ground, and the senior leadership?

packerfan79

Veteran
Packer, your foil is showing.

Care to expound on that. Brennan testified under oath, that he never saw evidence Trump colluded with the russians, while claiming he had evidence when appearing on CNN claiming he had evidence. Not to mention all the FISA abuse, unmaskings, etc.

packerfan79

Veteran

Hey Gry,

Is their any truth to the rumor that the agency created the term conspiracy theorist to discredit their critics?

Gry

Was an effort to besmirch Mae Brussel, whom it would have been wiser to have embraced.
picture.php

knucklehead bob

Veteran
the question is based upon a set of conditions which don't exist.
If however we look to history, such pardons have been always been beloved by the CIA.

I don't believe anything of any significance that takes place in the U. S. to be without the blessing/knowledge of the CIA .

"what the news doesn't report, is where the truth is found."

"'Cause there's things goin' on that you don't know." - Lynyrd Skynyrd

[YOUTUBEIF]xId25aroayo[/YOUTUBEIF]

:dunno:

:tiphat:

Last edited: