What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The point I am trying to make just about everywhere in every one of these kinds of threads is that the same thing would have happened before it went medical... These arguments are just silly, and not grounded in reality. I want someone to convince me that there ever existed a scenario where they were free to be in possession of cannabis without paranoia or fear of being "busted" while it was illegal, then after it was legalized for medical (or even recreational) use they suddenly had reason to be paranoid.

None of this makes any sense to me.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
^ But that happens in non-legal states so I'm a bit confused... Are you saying that things were better before medical? If so, why?
Better for who? My patients? No.
Better for me and my family before? Yes
Nazi prosecutors are using our med cards to remove children from our homes. To take babies off mothers breasts.
If we had stayed under ground our children would not have been abused by the system

shaggyballs

Veteran
The point I am trying to make just about everywhere in every one of these kinds of threads is that the same thing would have happened before it went medical... These arguments are just silly, and not grounded in reality. I want someone to convince me that there ever existed a scenario where they were free to be in possession of cannabis without paranoia or fear of being "busted" while it was illegal, then after it was legalized for medical (or even recreational) use they suddenly had reason to be paranoid.

I am not insinuating this, and hope no one else is either.
You are right, that line of thought makes no sense.

None of this makes any sense to me.

I will admit medical is better than nutin'!
But it is not without flaws.
Since I started another of the same type of thread i feel I should be the one to respond.

My motivation for posting this thread was to reveal any flaws in the current system and to look for ways to fix said flaws.

Hopefully with the spread of information we can some day get to use cannabis in a way that we all may find is satisfactory.
I know we all have different visions.
Lets find the right combination to make it work to help all who participate.

Peace.....love......and other hippie stuff to ya hush!
shag

choom

I have no gripe, but do when
it messes with a decade-old
tried-and-true system patients
have been having success and
relief with - ah oh wait a minute!

choom(0:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I live in the uk (not a state but I'm unhappy about the unjust laws here)

Cannabis is being legally grown and legally sold as a medicine to 24 other country's around the world (only by gw pharmaceuticals)

They legally grow cannabis then turn it into sativex which is a medicine

But according to uk law the cannabis plant has no medical value

If someone is sick and growing cannabis for their own use in a court of law it has no medical value, and people are going to jail for growing a plant

While gw pharmaceuticals grows tons of cannabis each year

federal law says it has no use here too, but we are one of those countries importing it from you...go figure. the hypocrisy is what will eventually be their undoing. well, that & the money to be made.:tiphat:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
That's all I needed to hear. Thank you for responding honestly. :tiphat:

Except, of course, if you had been busted for growing.
I once was and my family was never threatened.

As long as our plant has any criminality attached we will continue to be the victims of this war.
Google 'baby Bree'... Lots worse has happened but goes unreported.

Wu-tang

the hypocrisy is what will eventually be their undoing

It will be because if I'm ever arrested again I'm going to be telling the police officer it's not cannabis I have its sativex, I got some sativex and sprayed it onto some green plant matter?

I wonder if they can prove I'm lying or is it even worth their time trying to figure it out

I have forensic reports here from the police and all it says really is "a green herbal substance tested positive for thc" it was just leaves that I didn't smoke sitting on a rolling tray (smoked all the bud haha)

But sativex would of tested positive for thc as well

Jhhnn

Veteran
Unhappy about what?

When I came back to growing in the wake of A64, I thought maybe the wife would be more amorous when toked up. I'm a bit unhappy that didn't work out as planned.

I'm unhappy with a young guy who borrowed my truck. Driving it today, I hit the brakes hard & a container with a bud in it rolled out from under the seat. Very sloppy. In the old days, stupid shit like that would get you busted.

I'm a bit unhappy with my oldest son who doesn't seem to have the ambition to be much more than his mother's 50 year old homeboy somewhere in the future.

I'm unhappy with the freebie seeds from OSSC that arrived yesterday. I think I'll be happy with the Queen Mother seeds in the same package, however.

I feel better about it all when I take a few tokes & tend my little legal grow, never looking over my shoulder at all. I'd have to be a bonehead to be unhappy about that.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Unhappy about what?

When I came back to growing in the wake of A64, I thought maybe the wife would be more amorous when toked up. I'm a bit unhappy that didn't work out as planned.

I'm unhappy with a young guy who borrowed my truck. Driving it today, I hit the brakes hard & a container with a bud in it rolled out from under the seat. Very sloppy. In the old days, stupid shit like that would get you busted.

I'm a bit unhappy with my oldest son who doesn't seem to have the ambition to be much more than his mother's 50 year old homeboy somewhere in the future.

I'm unhappy with the freebie seeds from OSSC that arrived yesterday. I think I'll be happy with the Queen Mother seeds in the same package, however.

I feel better about it all when I take a few tokes & tend my little legal grow, never looking over my shoulder at all. I'd have to be a bonehead to be unhappy about that.

We all know you are very happy with you situation Jhhnn.
I am also very glad things are working out so well for you.
I truly hope they stay that way for ya!:huggg:

Unfortunately that is not the case for some!

Please let them have the freedom to voice their opinion without the threat of ridicule or name calling.:tiphat:

PLEASE!:prettyplease:

Shag

Last edited:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I live in a recreational state although I have a MMJ card. It is great to be growing 6 plants in the back yard without worries about looking over my shoulder for trouble. Six plants is not enough for breeding purposes though. I have in mind a couple crosses to make. I am still struggling with the paper bag/pollen way of breeding.

Jhhnn

Veteran
We all know you are very happy with you situation Jhhnn.
I am also very glad things are working out so well for you.
I truly hope they stay that way for ya!:huggg:

Unfortunately that is not the case for some!

Please let them have the freedom to voice their opinion without the threat of ridicule or name calling.:tiphat:

PLEASE!:prettyplease:

Shag

I realize that others have greater ambition, Shag. I get that. OTOH, changes here in CO haven't made it worse for them, at all. I can appreciate wanting more & being disappointed with progress so far, but only to a point, the point where that ambition blinds them to how much better this is for the vast majority.

I just try to make the best of it. I believe that this is just the start, that people much younger than myself will experience even greater positive change over the next decade. It's a good start, granting users & personal growers the respect they deserve.

One of the big problems for all the old players- the growers, the MMJ shops, the black market dealers & importers- is keeping the money in it. None of those people really want weed to be cheap & plentiful at all because it'll put them out of business.

In that, I'm more of a subversive than most. I want weed growing to move outdoors where it belongs. First into backyards, then into commercial fields. I want it to look like the wine industry, with the marijuana equivalents of cheap tokay, connoisseur grade vintage chardonnay & everything in between available to everybody. I want to be able to buy clones at the garden center for the same price as petunia clones, cannabis seeds off the rack right next to the cucumber seeds.

I want indoor growing under lights to become a quaint relic of the past, something obviously not in the interests of those who would express the greatest unhappiness with the changes in CO at all.

We have a long way to go to get there, but CO has made a helluva better start at it than anybody else. I'm very lucky indeed to be a part of it, particularly considered where we started 50 years ago.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I realize that others have greater ambition, Shag. I get that. OTOH, changes here in CO haven't made it worse for them, at all. I can appreciate wanting more & being disappointed with progress so far, but only to a point, the point where that ambition blinds them to how much better this is for the vast majority.

I just try to make the best of it. I believe that this is just the start, that people much younger than myself will experience even greater positive change over the next decade. It's a good start, granting users & personal growers the respect they deserve.

One of the big problems for all the old players- the growers, the MMJ shops, the black market dealers & importers- is keeping the money in it. None of those people really want weed to be cheap & plentiful at all because it'll put them out of business.

In that, I'm more of a subversive than most. I want weed growing to move outdoors where it belongs. First into backyards, then into commercial fields. I want it to look like the wine industry, with the marijuana equivalents of cheap tokay, connoisseur grade vintage chardonnay & everything in between available to everybody. I want to be able to buy clones at the garden center for the same price as petunia clones, cannabis seeds off the rack right next to the cucumber seeds.

I want indoor growing under lights to become a quaint relic of the past, something obviously not in the interests of those who would express the greatest unhappiness with the changes in CO at all.

We have a long way to go to get there, but CO has made a helluva better start at it than anybody else. I'm very lucky indeed to be a part of it, particularly considered where we started 50 years ago.

I find it hard to disagree with any of that statement!
I mean lets not split hairs here so.
I think our views are very much the same.
I think the wine scenario sounds like a workable one.
There is still the fear of corporate greed I can not shake??
Weed everywhere, of every kind at a cheap price should keep that in check.
Shag:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
your fear of corporate greed/monopoly is one I share. if something is completely under govt/corporate control, there is no freedom EXCEPT in the black market just as it is now. no matter what the govt/corporate world wants, there will ALWAYS be those willing to risk everything to achieve their goals. and thank God for those folks willing to stick their thumbs into the eyes of the beast...:ying:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
As long as the losers in the war on Drugs/Us write the rules?
We and our families will b victimized.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Babylon System is the Vampire...........

Suckin' the Blood of the Sufferer........

Deceiving the People continually......

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
I wonder what kind of buds gw pharmaceuticals produces. I want to be a weed spy and find out. What if it's like 60% thc?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
It's been legal to grow 24 plants and possess 1/4 dried bud in your home for almost 40 years now in Alaska. Here's what I've seen here in those 40 years: Almost everyone that smokes has NO interest in growing their own. Certainly less than 1% of tokers. Of the people that are interested in growing 99% of them have no interest in staying below the 24 plant count so they can $upply the 99% of tokers who refuse to grow. So even though you can legally grow 24 and under and possess 1/4lb in your home the prisons and probation offices are full of MJ offenders and it STILL feels like a MJ police state. A few years back this state also went medical MJ. So now with the card you can grow 6 plants and possess one oz. WTF? It's makes NO damn sense to most people. Now in November the people will vote on another way to make it legal and sold in stores like alcohol. The grow limit for the people under this new law if passed- 6 plants and 1 oz. WTF? The right of the Alaska people to grow and possess MJ within the privacy of their home is protected in the Alaska Constitution, they set the limits at 24 plants and 1 qp. ALL attempts to rewrite the constitution have been beat down. So the more legal it gets and the more legal they want to get it the less we can grow and possess. Sumbitches:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts