What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Copalita (Oaxacan)- P1 Deep Dive

Limeygreen

Veteran
Some impressions of the end product thus far.

They dry fast being so airy but that is fine, they have a strange sage smell with cedar, some smell a bit like dill and cedar, some more just cedar. They are only down for a couple weeks so far at 16 weeks with one still chugging along and no end in sight (18 weeks finished so far). Only one is kinda of just ok the rest are great, yes a bit dreamy but goofy and fun, day brighteners. One has a ocular pressure in my eye sockets which is great, slightly visual.

The next day it can feel a bit dragging or lethargic from these, I am wondering if it is because they got slightly seeded.

The best effect I have found so far is that after I have smoked it (the high has legs for a few hours I found) is once i have let it wear off and I smoke something else, it turbo charges it. I feel the effects of the next one doubled, they feel brighter, warmer and more giddy. I haven't had this type of effect before but I do really appreciate it. I had some angola red/colombian black x haze after this and it made me blast off. I had similar experiences with other varieties as well on multiple occasions.

Do you find this effect as well RC?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Last one to come down, Just finished week 23. Took some early samples at week 19 and 21 (some got seeded from hermies). I find a slow build up of internal vibration/energy. Very calm and smooth. I won't comment too much until she is done but I do get a bit of visual distortion on her on the peripherals. I also am getting purple caylxs in the heat still as they mature.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good Limey. I have found if you want visuals you do not want to let them get 'done'. No ambers and maybe little or no cloudy even.

Miraculous Meds

Some impressions of the end product thus far.

They dry fast being so airy but that is fine, they have a strange sage smell with cedar, some smell a bit like dill and cedar, some more just cedar. They are only down for a couple weeks so far at 16 weeks with one still chugging along and no end in sight (18 weeks finished so far). Only one is kinda of just ok the rest are great, yes a bit dreamy but goofy and fun, day brighteners. One has a ocular pressure in my eye sockets which is great, slightly visual.

The next day it can feel a bit dragging or lethargic from these, I am wondering if it is because they got slightly seeded.

The best effect I have found so far is that after I have smoked it (the high has legs for a few hours I found) is once i have let it wear off and I smoke something else, it turbo charges it. I feel the effects of the next one doubled, they feel brighter, warmer and more giddy. I haven't had this type of effect before but I do really appreciate it. I had some angola red/colombian black x haze after this and it made me blast off. I had similar experiences with other varieties as well on multiple occasions.

Do you find this effect as well RC?

Nice report buddy. Have you smoked a few in a row of it? Im wondering if it is low to no ceiling on these, and if they get more visual distortion as you consume.
thanks.

Rc, hows the project going amigo, these gems look great!

Limeygreen

Veteran
Not looking for the ceiling yet. Been in the jars for a couple months and have been testing other things so will get back to them in the near future. Gets better with age, really do enjoy her.

Organik

A big thanks to the generous donor as well as the original collector or creator of these special seeds (you know who you are).

I'm very happy that the germination ratio was 100%.
My goal with these is to make some more Copalita beans to work with in the future and maybe even send some back to their homeland Mexico where these pure sativas are slowly disappearing.

Oaxaca Copalita

picture.php

Last edited:

RC_Colas

Veteran
A big thanks to the generous donor as well as the original collector or creator of these special seeds (you know who you are).

I'm very happy that the germination ratio was 100%.
My goal with these is to make some more Copalita beans to work with in the future and maybe even send some back to their homeland Mexico where these pure sativas are slowly disappearing.

Oaxaca Copalita

View Image
Hola Organik,

Enjoy them and no need to send them back to thier home country because I already did that:) Sinola has about 200+ for a good run and selection, will be interesting to see how they do for him:)

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
Hola Organik,

Enjoy them and no need to send them back to thier home country because I already did that:) Sinola has about 200+ for a good run and selection, will be interesting to see how they do for him:)

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

How does this stuff smoke? I am trying to germ 2 different Oax lines a close surfer friend that lived there gave me from around 2005. Nothing yet but got about 8 left if these don't come up. Fingers crossed.