What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Plague

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
WTF! Watching the cannabis revolution for the last 60 years I never got the feeling it was connected to evil. People smoked and still carried on with good lives. It didn't make you have to rob, steal and kill to use cannabis. Now i see the cockroach users of meth and heroin ripping apart the fabric of society for their drugs. Sure isn't hard to recognize evil. The amount of car thefts, home burglaries and invasions and shooting over drug deals is appalling. It's so bad i'm thinking President Duarte is the only sane mofo out there when it comes to the plague.:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
some grim shit indeed
still, no suggestions of corporate ceo opioid pushers getting the firing squad
when that happens, i'll say they're serious

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who said education by FOX doesn't work ?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no mystery in how to resolve drug problems via a public approach.

[/FONT]

St. Phatty

WTF! Watching the cannabis revolution for the last 60 years I never got the feeling it was connected to evil. People smoked and still carried on with good lives. It didn't make you have to rob, steal and kill to use cannabis. Now i see the cockroach users of meth and heroin ripping apart the fabric of society for their drugs. Sure isn't hard to recognize evil.

Meth and Heroin were legal - and doctor prescribed - for the first 160+ years of US history. Along with Cocaine and Cannabis.

The primary substances American doctors and pharmacists had access to, before Big Pharma came along, were Opium, Cannabis, and Cocaine.

In other words, we're talking about drugs our grandparents and great-grandparents were prescribed by their doctors.

If there is a terrible dark history associated with those drugs - when they were legal - it has been kept well hidden.

I think the show Deadwood did a good job illustrating opium use - for a wealthy person. One of the guy's wives takes Laudanum (opium + alcohol) regularly during the first season of the show. Turned her into a couch potato.

4 reasons Heroin, meth, and cocaine have become associated with violent crime -
* Titration - recreational users overdose themselves, for fun.
* Cost - when it's legal, it costs pennies.
* Users lose their health orientation (and their teeth).
* Drug testing - imagine losing your job because you drank coffee. That does put you in a tight financial spot.

I've had meth users in a one-on-one math tutoring scenario, and it was no problem whatsoever. The guy asked for a glass of water, I gave it to him. He took a pill. Then we cracked the Calculus textbook, and did math together for 2 hours.

The guy I was working with was one of the bigger names in animation in SF. He had worked his way up, and wanted a little math foundation.

Similar to how I used Cannabis edibles to help me do microwave theory/ vector calculus.

The American Drug War is a Make-Work program and a Societal Control Mechanism.

It allows selective prosecution. When there's so many laws it's guaranteed that everybody's breaking at least one, the government has a license to arrest anyone they want.

Of course, they give a pass to people who are in Protected Castes, like Harvey Weinstein.

Latest posts

Latest posts