Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Up in Smoke, 500,000 forced to evacuate in Oregon

Thread Title Search
Up in Smoke, 500,000 forced to evacuate in Oregon Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2020, 08:58 PM #1
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Unhappy Up in Smoke, 500,000 forced to evacuate in Oregon

The West coast is burning up, homes lost and grows destroyed, it's gonna be a dry Autumn in more ways than one.

Good luck to all affected!
CosmicGiggle is online now Quote

Old 09-11-2020, 09:00 PM #2
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Prayers and best wishes to all affected by the fires.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:21 PM #3
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivortrichrider is a survivor
smoke filling the air here in western WA. cannot put the old hound outside, he can barely breath as it is. poor bastard.
many arson arrests being reported.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...rce=whatfinger

what kind of person would intentionally cause fires that damage and destroy peoples lives? rhetorical question...i've already a good idea. mrs. rider suggested burning them at the stake.

trichrider is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:57 PM #4
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Unhappy

I don't know trichrider but it could have something to do with that old adage, 'misery loves company' is my guess.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:50 PM #5
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post
smoke filling the air here in western WA. cannot put the old hound outside, he can barely breath as it is. poor bastard.

what kind of person would intentionally cause fires that damage and destroy peoples lives? rhetorical question...i've already a good idea. mrs. rider suggested burning them at the stake.
What kind of people? The same type of people using Goring’s tactic leading up to the rise of Hitler. The same people using an identical flag to the militant wing of nazi Germany. The same people who project everybody as a Nazi... I’m sure you can guess who these people are. Good luck to anybody in danger.
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:14 AM #6
farmerlion

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
My prayers are with you all.
Peace farmerlion
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 04:41 PM #7
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond repute
I hope this storm they are showing comes in and rains, giving them a break. I live in a fire prone area and am just holding my breath. Australia had a horrid fire season as well. My thoughts and well wishes go out to everyone who has lost their lives, and the folks who have lost everything...

Old 09-14-2020, 07:02 PM #8
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

My heart goes out to any of those folks who are out of bud in addition to everything else they are going through.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:19 PM #9
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post

What kind of person would release an arsonist so they could set more fires? Liberalism is a disease.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...lotov-cocktail

And now local Portland media is reporting that a 45-year old man has been arrested for starting at least seven brush fires near a major highway: "A man arrested Sunday afternoon for allegedly starting a small brush fire along Interstate 205 was arrested again hours after he was released from jail after he allegedly started six more small fires," according to a Portland Police statement.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:22 PM #10
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to all
We were discussing this 'blame' thing with the fires. Why do you not think that arsons are from just one subset of humans? I would think that the fire-bug tendencies are found in any group. Even gender-partiers of all types. Lightening and power lines will soon be labelled as affiliated with political leanings. Anyone who thinks it's just one party that has arsons is just not educated on the subject. And i would add that many with the arson complex end up as fire fighters. Suppose it's okay to call fire fighting a disease? If you need to vent about liberals, that's okay with me, just do it WELL. That one was pretty lame. The 'umbrella man' that was starting fires in the riots was supposedly 'conservative' trying to make it look like protesters. Why to people hone in on ONE specific event and then blame the whole 'other side'? Why do people continue to post and repost just to fan the flames?

I do tend to lean to the liberal end of the spectrum, i don't claim to be perfect, or that liberalism is perfect. I tend to see liberalism, in general, as foreward thinking, and conservatism is 'stay the same'. Nothing stays the same, so in limiting oneself to not going forward the only direction to go, is back. I know it's more complicated than that, but that's the main idea that guides my decision.

just had to tell a liberal to calm down, cuz they had the idea that it was conservatives that were doing all the arson. As in, helping the 'end of the world' happen. The name calling and finger pointing are not helping.

May everyone stay safe, do what you can to help others, and treat people like you would like to be treated. There is a reason for having more than one party, let them be.
Nannymouse is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.