Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Dream Berry bud platform

Thread Title Search
Dream Berry bud platform Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2020, 11:24 PM #1
Emeraldo

Emeraldo will become famous soon enoughEmeraldo will become famous soon enoughEmeraldo will become famous soon enough
Dream Berry bud platform

Hey there Bean, hey Female Seeds fans

Having grown Blueberry Cheesecake two years ago (freebie from Female Seeds sent with my order of Purple Maroc and Sexbud), I was pleased to hear about Dream Berry. So this year I ordered Dream Berry seeds.

I saw Female Seeds' comment on their website that Dream Berry generally has compact buds at the top of the plant, and that bud on the lower branches will be more "open structure" or "fluffy". I have to confess I am a fan of compact buds (and less so of the fluffy variety, but I'll take that if that's all there is!).

So I'm experimenting with DB. I wondered if I might get more compact buds if I LST'd my Dream Berry plant's main stem into a more horizontal growth pattern, allowing the side branches from all the nodes to shoot up vertically. That way, I thought, I'll have more bud on the many many branch tips I'll get.

Other than the 90 degree bend at the height of the balcony railing, I did nothing except feed and water them. No topping, just let that main stem grow straight out towards the setting sun. So far, it seems to have worked. Now in her 5th week of flowering, the buds on the tips are filling in nicely, it seems.

Here a few photos. Have any Dream Berry growers out there noticed the difference between the compact buds at the top of the plant and the open structure buds lower down?

Thanks for a comment!

Emeraldo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2199 (2).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	545989 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	545991

Last edited by Emeraldo; 09-02-2020 at 06:45 AM..
Emeraldo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:39 AM #2
Emeraldo

Emeraldo will become famous soon enoughEmeraldo will become famous soon enoughEmeraldo will become famous soon enough
Dream Berry, the view from behind, Sept 1. Also, side views. Buds filling in now, many higher up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2217.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	546162 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2212.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	546163 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2197.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	546164 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2199.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	546165

Old 09-02-2020, 12:43 PM #3

.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor.............. is a survivor
This looks like a great way to get denser nugs all the way down. Nice work. I did notice with most of the Iced grapefruit phenos I grew had fluffy lowers.

forum
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Tinnitus and IBS sufferer

Dots: Welcome to the Mind of a Maniac
The Haze Hybrid Thread
Dots gets high in an Iced Grapefruit Orchard
Dots does Pineapple Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post

i love my mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi40 View Post
Just give it a try ,

you' ll see
.............. is online now Quote

Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 PM #4
Emeraldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by .............. View Post
This looks like a great way to get denser nugs all the way down. Nice work. I did notice with most of the Iced grapefruit phenos I grew had fluffy lowers.
Thanks for that. That is exactly what I am hoping for: dense, hard, compact nugs all the way down the branches, or at least most of the way down. It does seem to be working. I'll not harvest her for at least another month or 6 weeks, so there is time for them to fill out even more. Will post more as she gets closer.

Mr. Bean, any thoughts on this topic? I miss those discussions we used to have...

Old 09-14-2020, 07:46 PM #5
Emeraldo

Dream Berry continues to ripen as her longish compact buds swell. In the first photo, Dream Berry buds shown on Sept 13. In the second photo, White Widow in foreground and Dream Berry in background.

Where is Bean? No longer works here?

Old 09-24-2020, 06:18 PM #6
Emeraldo

Very sorry about Mr. Bean... R.I.P.?