Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The ULTIMATE stealth strain

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: String pearl bud and freaky leaves
Can it be done? 8 42.11%
Will it not work? 3 15.79%
Would you grow it? 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

The ULTIMATE stealth strain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 10:20 PM #1
teide

teide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really nice
The ULTIMATE stealth strain

Here is my dream.

Subterfuge#1 leaves.
Buds that are pearls on a string, like the Dr.Grinspoon pearly pheno.
This combination must be the ultimate stealth strain.
Can anyone make this hybrid?

A few members already have their own freakshow and subterfuge#1 seeds.
I will try to get my hands on those as well, sometime in the future.

Now the one that got away is the pearly pheno.
People grow it out for novelty and can't be bothered keeping the plant for the low yield and eternal flowering period. Others like me are really desiring the freak pheno, but risk never finding it.
My suspicion is it is something you can find in a haze and Thai. Also the Indian landrace urgam valley from rsc and Ace. Maybe still in recent stock dr.grinspoon.
Regardless of where you find the pearly string pheno:

If there is a lucky bastard out there with the pearl pheno keeper:
Please get hold of some freaky leaf pheno seeds and please try to make a cross!

For those in the lucky situation of being medical growers, legal grows and legal swapping of clones and such. And all pollen chuckers, semi pro and pro breeders:
How about a joint effort in pollenizing a pearl pheno with subterfuge or freakshow, trying to create a hybrid with both phenos? Or sending a clone to those who have seeds?

The hybrids don't have to be released. No fun if the ultimate strain is wide spread. It will no longer be stealth.
But it will be amazing to learn about the process. And find out if the combination is possible. Then people can make their own underground stealth strain with the genetics and techniques documented.
In my case I don't mind spending years on the project. Nor do I mind if the multiple recessive mutant freak pheno looses potency, as long as it is stealthy.
Australian bastard started out hemp-like with a poor high, if any. Now I've learned it's been refined through twenty years of breeding in Oregon as an improved version called subterfuge.
Freakshow already seems to have good potency and terpene profile.
Both strains seriously lack stealth factor when in flowering, though..
If they could be improved with the pearl bud pheno, however, we have a winner!

I am sure it can be done in time.. what do you say?
teide is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:10 PM #2
HillBillyAlien

HillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the rough
Legitimo From Kaly Seeds

A Hops plant (Humulus Japonicus) that contains thc.

Done.
HillBillyAlien is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:18 PM #3
hellfire

hellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud ofhellfire has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBillyAlien View Post
Legitimo From Kaly Seeds

A Hops plant (Humulus Japonicus) that contains thc.

Done.
There is literature on this which indicates the hops do not produce thc. Fun idea, not possible in reality.
hellfire is offline Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 11:20 PM #4
azad
Buzkashi

azad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud of
What about the ducksfoot, that’s stealthy of sorts too

Ask the Humming bird about the significance of the flowers.
what would a Vulture know about their significance who feeds on the dead..

https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8
If wisdom were offered me on the one condition that I should keep it shut away and not divulge it to anyone, I should reject it. There is no enjoying the possession of anything valuable unless one has someone to share it with.
Seneca
azad is offline Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 11:23 PM #5
HillBillyAlien

HillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the roughHillBillyAlien is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
There is literature on this which indicates the hops do not produce thc. Fun idea, not possible in reality.
Pretty sure it does

https://kalyseeds.eu/

Hops does not contain thc but hops Humulus Japonicus is the closed to cannabis plant and crossing a strain to the Humulus Japonicus can make it have thc
HillBillyAlien is offline Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 11:41 PM #6
teide

teide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really nice
That has been verified NOT to work, already in the fifties or sixties. You can graft a weed stem to hops and hops to weed, though not easy.

The tiny weed branch grafted to the hops will produce a teeny amount of thc, as it is severely stunted, but recieves nutrients from the hop plant and roots.
Hops grafted to a weed plant, however, will in no way begin to produce thc.
That is well proven.
I plan on grafting one small branch to my hops in the garden this summer, just for fun.
But this is just a funny idea, not what this thread is about..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:46 PM #7
teide

Ducksfoot was a great idea.
It is only stealthy in veg, unfortunately.
When it reaches flowering, the webbed leaves mostly revert to typical sativa shape, ruining the effect.
Furthermore, all buds in flowering give it away!
That's the reason for this thread.
The stringy pearl pheno looks nothing like weed buds!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 AM #8
teide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBillyAlien View Post
Pretty sure it does

https://kalyseeds.eu/

Hops does not contain thc but hops Humulus Japonicus is the closed to cannabis plant and crossing a strain to the Humulus Japonicus can make it have thc
Now this was very interesting. Maybe it is a scam.
Maybe they have finally succeeded in making some hybrid. I replied to your post before checking out your link.
The only way to know is hearing from members here who have tried it out. Or get some seeds and try.
All the literature I've seen talks about grafting. I thought pollination didn't work between weed and hops.
Most hops producers, commercial and personal, grow hops from rhizoms, not seeds. Seeds are hard to germinate, need scarification and often cold treatment for up to three months.
If these are hybrid seeds, I wonder about ease of germination.
Really intriguing photos.
Though the weed-looking plants look like weed.
A kind of oversized ducksfoot.
Still look like weed.
The truly hops-looking ones, do they contain thc and cbd? The site says so. I still find it far fetched.
Really cool link, though!

However, I still don't think it beats a pearly bud subterfuge#1 for stealth!

Last edited by teide; 04-07-2020 at 02:24 AM..

Old 03-31-2020, 12:11 AM #9
q3corn

q3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really niceq3corn is just really nice
I wanna vote for both "can it be done" and "will you grow it" but I don't know how
q3corn is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2020, 12:14 AM #10
Breadwizard

Breadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud ofBreadwizard has much to be proud of
Check out the urgam strain from ace. Straight up does not look like cannabis buds.
Breadwizard is online now Quote