Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Cannabis tissue culture

Thread Title Search
Cannabis tissue culture Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM #1
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Cannabis tissue culture

Here are some purdy ladies grown from meristematic cells in a special medium by our inhouse red headed geek, instead of seeds or clones. The meristematic cells are extracted form the stem nodes anywhere on the mother plant.

One of the advantages is that no diseases or systemic parasites are passed on.

Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort.....................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plantlet 2-1.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	109828

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 03-31-2011 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Change stem cells to meristematic cells
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

27 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM #2
PistilPete
Enjoying the ride

PistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to allPistilPete is a name known to all
Excellent. Never seen it done before with mj. Good luck with the trials. I'll be watching and trying to learn a thing or 3.

"As long as I'm alive I'm gonna live illegal"

"The laws I break aren't fit to be laws in the first place."

Connoisseur Genetics - ECSD x SSSDH *Testers Fems* (June 2013) ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post5809184

Connoisseur Genetics - White Jones *Testers Fems* (Casey Jones x The White) (Jan. 2012) ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231004

Pistil Pete's Tents ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225350

(~):} Forever Grateful {:(~)

PistilPete is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 02:36 PM #3
chefro420

Sweet! I have wanted to mess with this for a while. Any more pix and could you elaborate more bro!!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM #4
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
Awesome gray wolf and growgeek! Have you guys looked into making artificial seed at all? Would love any details you have.
bloyd is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 PM #5
ILoveit

ILoveit will become famous soon enough
Wow Im intrigued, please keep us posted.
ILoveit is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM #6
Sheriff Bart
Deputy Spade

Sheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really niceSheriff Bart is just really nice
plants dont have 'stem cells' so to speak. plants contain meristematic tissues, which are the tissues in the plant which are actively dividing and growing. after they divide differentiation occurs, where the cells which were once just dividing cells, start to do different things, like turn into mesophyll cells (photosynthesis) or vascular tissues(transport), etc. etc. the majority of plant cells are also totipotent, that is that they have the ability to de-differentiate from whatever tissue they were found in and can start to divide again like the meristematic tissue and grow what is known as callous tissue. you can control what organs callous tissue will differentiate out into with hormone treatments. the auxins (IAA, IBA, NAA, 2,4-D) will be used to induce root growth and the cytokinins (BAP, kinetin, zeatin, etc.) can be used to induce new plants shoots to grow off the callous tissue which can be cut and rooted into new plants (or roots can be grown in the tc and the plants can be transplanted)

it looks like though that your geek was simply tissue culturing nodes with meristems (shoots) already on them, and not doing tc from a leaf, or pith or some other single tissue culture, but a mixed tissue culture so theres probably just regular nutrients in the agar and no hormones.

and r.e. the pathogens. the theory is that viruses either cannot or do not penetrate into the meristematic tissues of the plants (because if they did they would kill the plant way faster) so you can TC the meristematic tissues and hopefully will clone off virus free growth.

22 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM #7
ScrubNinja
Grow like nobody is watching

ScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really niceScrubNinja is just really nice
Very cool, cheers for posting. Do you have a full blown lab, or how much trouble/expense did you go to to create a suitable environment to do this?

600w vert: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=236394
ScrubNinja is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:57 PM #8
maxmurder

maxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of lightmaxmurder is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubNinja View Post
Very cool, cheers for posting. Do you have a full blown lab, or how much trouble/expense did you go to to create a suitable environment to do this?

very interested- thanks for posting this

Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM #9
Plant Whisperer

420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Anybody know anything about Cybridization/Somatic hybridization?

I'd love the learn more about this

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204436

^I posted a some info I found about this^

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=30914&pict  ureid=705333
420247 is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM #10
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloyd View Post
Awesome gray wolf and growgeek! Have you guys looked into making artificial seed at all? Would love any details you have.
Yup, we do have plans for artificial seeds, but haven't tested out our theories yet, so let us get some tangible results before commenting. If it works, I will ask the geekmiester to publish a report.

These are also amongst the first two dozen strains that he cultured, and so far he has grown no roots (making these non plants) on any of them, or raised any through adult hood. I shared his tissue culture results early, because the results to date have been so encouraging.

I will continue to share pictures as they progress through adulthood and if this experiment finishes as well as it started, I will ask him to publish his notes as well.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.