Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The ULTIMATE stealth strain

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: String pearl bud and freaky leaves
Can it be done? 8 42.11%
Will it not work? 3 15.79%
Would you grow it? 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

The ULTIMATE stealth strain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2020, 09:55 PM #131
teide

teide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really nice
It's a shame the recessive leaves only show up in such a low ratio. I have no space for a few hundred seedlings..
25%in f2 is a standard estimate from simple punnet square thinking, but my f2s of kc45xauto only gave me one auto out of 15 seeds. Luckily it was male, so I could pollenate the f2 and get on to f3. I was hoping for two out of ten, but one out of 15 was way lower than expected.

I have a few seedlings going of csi humboldt's c99xabc. These f1s will be intercrossed and hopefully give me a ratio of 25%abc leaves in f2, with slightly raised potency compared to a pure abc cross.
I will also cross them with pure abc. That should increase the ratio of abc leaf in f2 to 50%. More recessive leaf traits, but also maybe a bit less raised potency in this cross, don't know.
Any f2 offspring that maintans recessive abc leaves will be weaker than the ones with c99 leaves, I assume. Still they will be more potent than pure abc.

Now, I will also cross the abc with an auto jack herer to get autoflowering abc. This will be a double recessive expression to select for. That will require some numbers. My veg chamber will be packed for months..
The easiest solution for me will be making a lot of f2 seeds. The f1s will be all similar genotype, both leaf and auto masked. Just need to cross one male f1 to a female f1. Punnet square for two recessive traits in one out of 16. With my luck I should lower that to one out of 20/25.
So I make space for 50 f2s at a time. Those with normal leaves get replaced as soon as the trait is visible. Those who don't auto will also be replaced. I keep replacing until I have auto pollen and auto pistils, that may be after 200 seeds, or after 5, excited to see..
Opinions?
Of course, a superbeady auto would be a better starting point than auto jack, which seems to not foxtail from what I've seen, but it is quite sativa in structure, and as soon as I have autoflowering abc I will cross those with other autos so I only have to select for one recessive trait in stead of both leaves and auto.
We now know that beady, foxtailing autos do exist, so someday a pheno shows up, and I have auto abc to cross it with.
teide is online now Quote

Old 09-09-2020, 10:39 PM #132
Amynamous

Amynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivorAmynamous is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by teide View Post
It's a shame the recessive leaves only show up in such a low ratio. I have no space for a few hundred seedlings..
25%in f2 is a standard estimate from simple punnet square thinking, but my f2s of kc45xauto only gave me one auto out of 15 seeds. Luckily it was male, so I could pollenate the f2 and get on to f3. I was hoping for two out of ten, but one out of 15 was way lower than expected.

I have a few seedlings going of csi humboldt's c99xabc. These f1s will be intercrossed and hopefully give me a ratio of 25%abc leaves in f2, with slightly raised potency compared to a pure abc cross.
I will also cross them with pure abc. That should increase the ratio of abc leaf in f2 to 50%. More recessive leaf traits, but also maybe a bit less raised potency in this cross, don't know.
Any f2 offspring that maintans recessive abc leaves will be weaker than the ones with c99 leaves, I assume. Still they will be more potent than pure abc.

Now, I will also cross the abc with an auto jack herer to get autoflowering abc. This will be a double recessive expression to select for. That will require some numbers. My veg chamber will be packed for months..
The easiest solution for me will be making a lot of f2 seeds. The f1s will be all similar genotype, both leaf and auto masked. Just need to cross one male f1 to a female f1. Punnet square for two recessive traits in one out of 16. With my luck I should lower that to one out of 20/25.
So I make space for 50 f2s at a time. Those with normal leaves get replaced as soon as the trait is visible. Those who don't auto will also be replaced. I keep replacing until I have auto pollen and auto pistils, that may be after 200 seeds, or after 5, excited to see..
Opinions?
Of course, a superbeady auto would be a better starting point than auto jack, which seems to not foxtail from what I've seen, but it is quite sativa in structure, and as soon as I have autoflowering abc I will cross those with other autos so I only have to select for one recessive trait in stead of both leaves and auto.
We now know that beady, foxtailing autos do exist, so someday a pheno shows up, and I have auto abc to cross it with.
Iirc, working the punnet with two recessive traits will result in 6.25% having both traits.
That’s going to take a lot of seeds to sift through.
Have you thought of using feminized pollen?
It could save you a few headaches down the road.
Amynamous is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:46 PM #133
Liltree

Liltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the rough
Yeah the Xmas X ABC is an F1. Definitely didn't expect any mutant traits, but was surprised to see no landrace sativa traits pop through at all. Was quick to enter flower and leaves super thick on a little squat plant. How do the c99 X ABC's look? Any landrace sativa phenos in there?
Liltree is online now Quote

Old 09-10-2020, 12:16 AM #134
teide

teide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really niceteide is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amynamous View Post
Iirc, working the punnet with two recessive traits will result in 6.25% having both traits.
That’s going to take a lot of seeds to sift through.
Have you thought of using feminized pollen?
It could save you a few headaches down the road.
Yeah, 6, 25% or 1 out of sixteen will be both recessive leaf and auto. I am expecting a tedious search.
I am definitely considering STS. I would like to have the option of regular pollen, but if no males show, reversing will be necessary. I agree, it really saves me a lot of work. If reversing, I only need to find one female auto in f2. I was hoping for a true male in the f2s, and when fully auto in f3 or f4, I wouldn't mind reversing so that all seeds are fem when going guerilla outdoors.
If I find a beady bud pheno, auto or photo, I will definitely reverse that plant, thinking that will increase the chance of stabilizing the buds, crossing beady bud with beady bud instead of beady female with random male.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:20 AM #135
teide

The c99xABC are a week old. Way too early to say anything, unfortunately..

Old 09-14-2020, 10:23 PM #136
teide

Quote:
Originally Posted by teide View Post
Do you find the tomato cage useful, miasa? I've seen many use it lately, especially on the abc and subt, but it doesn't seem to give much support or training, and the plants don't seem to need it either,from what I've seen. Just curious.

My site 4 are popping up like mushrooms now, eight so far. Planning on intercrossing them and using the site4 pollen also on a few other plants. They look like normal cannabis so far as small seedlings. I was hoping they looked different from the moment they broke soil, so I could have them growing in the open next to chili seedlings. Guess they will change appearance as they grow. If not, I will nevertheless try to select for phenos that look the most different.

The c99xabc are one week ahead of the site 4. These look healthy and just like any sativa hybrid plantlet. They are put straight under 12/12 just to sex them and produce seeds as soon as possible.
Planning on using site4 pollen on them if no male shows up for an intercross between the c99xabc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasa Mura View Post
Hi Teide, The tomato cage doesn’t seem to do much right now but I expect it will give minimal support once some weight is put on by the flowers. I would say layered trellis for the ABC as the stems do not seem like they will support much weight, but I will have to see once she gets closer to harvest time.

The first two cotyledon look like cannabis but the first set of tru leaves do not. I have used plant ID apps on the ABC and it does not register as cannabis until the first two weeks into flower. Once the ABC starts to throw pistols out, it’s clearly Cannabis, so I wouldn’t grow it in the open if it could endanger your safety or security.

Best of luck of your pollinations!!

I was going to work this line with some OG but it appears that Humboldt CSI is working a Triangle Kush x ABC line and selecting for the ABC leaf with the OG Kush smell and flavor so I will be picking those up once they drop and just continue their work with my own selections of their stock.
Just copied these posts from miasa's thread.

A trellis is what I'm thinking about as well. It would be nice if a feral landrace could lend its pheno of beady buds or pure calyces to the abc, along with a vine like structure. Trained on a trellis amongst climbing plants it could be masked pretty well, I suppose. That is of course purely hypothetical at this point, I would never do that until the hybrid is totally different in appearance and unrecognizable.
I must point out that neither would I plant the abc seedlings openly among chili seedlings, even though the abc clearly looks the most different as a young plant.
It will take many years of a joint effort before we have this plant looking totally different from the current well known appearance, and by that time this variety will be so familiar that it will nevertheless be recognized..

It's funny though, that the apps you've tried don't identify abc until two weeks into flowering!

Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 PM #137
teide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltree View Post
How do the c99 X ABC's look? Any landrace sativa phenos in there?
12/12 from seed, a couple of weeks old.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:40 PM #138
teide

White pots ABC site 4.
Black pots auto jack herer.
Will be crossing these..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:31 AM #139
Liltree

Liltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the roughLiltree is a jewel in the rough
Looking good! Looks like you've got variation between the ABCs. I've found a few trends between seedling leaf shape and final leaf shape. The longer more serrated seedlings usually ended out with the sharper look while the shorter more curvey seedlings usually ended out more rounded fatter leaves. Although wasn't always the case. Curious to see if others experience the same trends

Old 09-16-2020, 11:37 AM #140
Liltree

Favorite Freakshow seedling, purely because it's the fastest by a long shot. Almost the pace of a non mutant. This will be paired with the most serrated ABC as I believe freakshow is a extreme serration mutation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200916-192301~2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	547557