Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > recommendation for portable vape...

Thread Title Search
recommendation for portable vape... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2019, 03:27 PM #41
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Total speculation,

But all dab that I don't make stings the fuck out of the back of my throat. I'm not the only one who notices it. People who smoke my dab don't buy street dab anymore after noticing the same thing.

Might just be the shit thats available in my neck of the woods.

Assuming it's pesticide. I've ran a lot of stuff over the years from different indoor growers and never had this issue. Not until everything got flooded with commercial outdoor shit.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 01:27 AM #42
Browser
H8ters gonna h8

Browser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
ya, im pretty disappointed at the end of the day. i would much prefer to vape but the effects on my throat were too much to endure. i stopped vaping about 3 weeks ago and my throat is just now feeling back to normal.
What temps were you vaping at?

When I started, my lips would get dry. Coming from smoking, one is used to feel that hot, thick air, which not many vapes can produce, resulting in people taking longer, deeper hits.

Try vaping thru glass, dry will already make quite a difference and won't take the flavour away, else you can use water.

B
Browser is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 05:17 AM #43
Fermented

What's your vape temp? that was my thought too...most new vape users tend to operate their vapes at too high a temperature. Try this, mist spray the bud if it's dry and vape the first heat cycle at a medium temp, then for the second heat cycle, grind the bud down to smaller pieces and vape at a higher (not highest) temp. If the temp you are running at is turning your bud to a dark brown, then it's too hot and this may affect your throat...but I think it's more to it than that, maybe you have a throat infection or the bud is harsh? Maybe check out your bud under magnification, sometimes very tiny synthetic fibers can cause a very harsh smoke. Have a doctor check your upper respiratory system (say Arrrrr"

Old 07-12-2020, 07:03 AM #44
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
ya, im pretty disappointed at the end of the day. i would much prefer to vape but the effects on my throat were too much to endure. i stopped vaping about 3 weeks ago and my throat is just now feeling back to normal.
A tiny percentage of people who use a vape with no water in the inhalation path, get throat symptoms similar to, or even worse than the throat discomfort you describe.

The first time I used a vape, it was without a bubbler, and I nearly lost my life as a result. That dry vapor wreaked havoc on my throat and lungs, leaving me gasping for tiny breaths of air, until the doctor's prescribed antibiotic regime pulled be back from the brink.

Ever the guinea pig, I waited for my full recovery, and then used the same Airizer Air vaporizer with a bubbler. The result was NO further complications for me, and I now vape all the time, but ALWAYS with a water path to keep the vapor humidity up.

In my view, ALL vaporizers should be mandated to be sold with instructions that highly recommend the use of a bubbler, since for a minuscule percentage of people like me, dry vapor is DEADLY, to put the danger in blunt terms, pardon the pun.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:03 PM #45
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
just ordered a linx eden for $99, it's not here yet, but has glass tube, is tested for heavy metals, some places rated it best vape for under $100, has something called a lava plate for concentrates, apparently you can do flower and concentrate at the same time
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2020, 08:05 AM #46
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
totally worth the $99, I was getting good thick vapor on the lowest setting, then gradually stepping up to the second to hottest setting to finish the bowl off, contrary to a lot of yt reviews recommending the highest setting
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2020, 08:53 AM #47
Chi13

Chi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thang View Post
A tiny percentage of people who use a vape with no water in the inhalation path, get throat symptoms similar to, or even worse than the throat discomfort you describe.

The first time I used a vape, it was without a bubbler, and I nearly lost my life as a result. That dry vapor wreaked havoc on my throat and lungs, leaving me gasping for tiny breaths of air, until the doctor's prescribed antibiotic regime pulled be back from the brink.

Ever the guinea pig, I waited for my full recovery, and then used the same Airizer Air vaporizer with a bubbler. The result was NO further complications for me, and I now vape all the time, but ALWAYS with a water path to keep the vapor humidity up.

In my view, ALL vaporizers should be mandated to be sold with instructions that highly recommend the use of a bubbler, since for a minuscule percentage of people like me, dry vapor is DEADLY, to put the danger in blunt terms, pardon the pun.
I don't doubt your experience, but if you were treated with antibiotics that suggests infection. Surely you didn't get an instant infection when you dry vaped.

I had throat discomfort when I first tried vaping but got over it quickly.

For portable I love the Mighty. Expensive though and plastic, but good quality German plastic.

Last edited by Chi13; 09-09-2020 at 09:11 AM..
Chi13 is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:05 AM #48
Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond repute
I am looking for a portable too.This will be my first vape.I was interested in a VapCap M because of a post Samuel Caldwell made about it delivering the closest to smoking a joint effect.I can't get past the having to carry a torch,and the fact that when heating one,it looks pretty suspect.No offense to Samuel.

So,I was looking at the Flowermate V5 Nano,because it does have the oven on the top,and it has some decent reviews and the price is attractive.Then I stumbled upon the Flowermate V5.0s for $80,and that sounded like a good option to start with as well.No idea if either could be used for micro dosing which I would like to have the ability to do.

Still,finding a vape that delivers an effect similar to smoking a joint would head my list.

I may look for a desktop vape,but that will have to be down the road.Money is tight.
I Blue my mind.
Slim Pickens is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2020, 01:25 AM #49
mexweed

impossible for vaping to be anything like a joint, the most efficient delivery of cannabinoids vs the least efficient, the primary difference I notice with vaping is no matter what strain it always makes me sleepy, it's like there's a cannabinoid that gets destroyed with combustion that I get a higher concentration of, the terps are a lot more robust genuinely aroma therapy level, better than even the very first puff of a joint
mexweed is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:05 PM #50
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
I own 40 - 50 vapes. For a portable, I suggest The Edge by Healthy Rips.

The VapCap sucks. I use an induction heater with my VapCap and it's way better than a torch but I never take it outside. Too much like smoking crack in an illegal state. That entire 'torch' thing is a joke.

For a desktop, it's hard to beat a log vape. I use the E-Nano from Epic Vape. Very versatile.

Here's a link to the Edge. Use the discount code PUFFEDUP for 15% off.

https://puffitup.com/collections/fur...ucts/fury-edge

I have 2 or 3 other vapes I rotate through but 90% of them sit on the shelf.

I still smoke about 10 joints a day and I agree that there is something about the high that is more 'intense' than vaping. I can only assume that it's the asphyxiation from the smoke.

As for taste, a joint will never hold a candle to a vape. I used to love the taste of smoking a joint (especially, like you said, the first hit). But the flavor you get from a vape just kicks the shit out of the taste of a joint. Even the first hit.

Here's a tip about vaping. The THC and the CBD are the last things to vape since the vaping temp is generally much higher on those 2 cannabinoids than it is on most of the terps. That's why a vape hit is often "all flavor" and no vapor. I set my vapes at 420F and they work great.

Vaping is not like smoking. There is a learning curve with every vape.