Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Up in Smoke, 500,000 forced to evacuate in Oregon

Thread Title Search
Up in Smoke, 500,000 forced to evacuate in Oregon Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2020, 10:32 PM #11
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to all
flylow, i feel your pain. What kind of person would let a person run free who has intentionally let hundreds of thousands of 'his' people die? So, i do understand your pain.

Discussing this with a liberal, i was given an article on the Reichstag Fire, as evidence of how the Nazi's used events to their advantage.

Last edited by Nannymouse; 09-14-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Nannymouse is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:28 AM #12
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Missed my point entirely about politics - cause I didn't have one. There was an arsonist and he got let loose to keep doing it by a liberal. They probably gave him back his matches (and cigs and lighter) too. We have had arsonists for years. I used to live in the SoCal hills and fires were the real deal. Arsonists have even been found to be firefighters, who needed overtime.

I am surprised that real terrorists don't set more fires, and glad they don't.

What is a real terrorist?

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:12 PM #13
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to all
well, then, my bad! apologies and all that. carry on...

Gosh, i do feel bad about the loss of life, livelyhoods, residences. Then there's the mud slides to worry about, afterward.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:18 PM #14
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
My heart goes out to any of those folks who are out of bud in addition to everything else they are going through.
Bud will get you through times of no Wildfire better than Wildfire will get you through times of no Bud ?

not sure that came out right.

Bud will get you through times of Wildfire better than Wildfire will get you through times of no Bud ?

OK well got 1/2 of it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 09-15-2020, 05:58 PM #15
Nannymouse

Probably he got let loose because he, by law, is innocent until proven guilty, and he made bail. Now, we could go ultra conservative and just keep letting cops be the judge and jury? NO? so where is the logical medium? Take his lighter and matches away, and let him go?

I really don't know. Just keep accused arsonists until trial, while letting accused rapists, child molesters, alcoholic drivers, out on bail?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:19 PM #16
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannymouse View Post

I really don't know. Just keep accused arsonists until trial, while letting accused rapists, child molesters, alcoholic drivers, out on bail?
...... arson, alcoholism, child molestation and maybe even rape are all examples of mental compulsions for the most part and are very hard, if not impossible to control by those afflicted.

But as you've noted elsewhere, the State mental hospitals were all closed years ago.
CosmicGiggle is online now Quote

Old 09-17-2020, 08:42 PM #17
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post
...... arson, alcoholism, child molestation and maybe even rape are all examples of mental compulsions for the most part and are very hard, if not impossible to control by those afflicted.

But as you've noted elsewhere, the State mental hospitals were all closed years ago.
That was the gift of Ronald Regan.

https://sites.psu.edu/psy533wheeler/...omment-page-1/

Old 09-17-2020, 11:06 PM #18
TahoeTops

TahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the roughTahoeTops is a jewel in the rough
Count your blessings... Lots of folks out there with nothing left!

Medical Patient using Therapeutic Cannabis
CA Health & Safety Code S SI 11362.5
Prop. 215 and SB 420 Compliant

Current grow:

Grand Daddy Purple and Zkittlez from seed
August 2020

Past Grows:

Mazar and Orange Bud
December 2007

Peace!

TahoeTops
TahoeTops is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2020, 11:11 PM #19
Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTynehead Tom has a reputation beyond repute
in 2017 my entire town got evacuated, as did many parts of BC.
We had the Gustafson Fire threatening town form the north. Many homes and buildings destroyed north of town. South of us the Elephant Hill Fire was moving fast and they evacuated thousands. We were on immediate alert for the entire summer and there were days I had the entire truck, camper , trailer, atv and boat all loaded and parked by the front gate.
A bigger interior city an hour to the north of us was also threatened by multiple fires coming in from west, south and east. Many thousands evacuated and they all were traffic controlled thru my town and right past my house. Was an endless line of confused and hopeless looking people doing 15 to 20 miles an hour past my driveway.

My wife was evacuated with the essential hospital staff and all patients in care to a town 3 hours south of us. My wife spent july to end of september living out of a hotel and working at the hospital there. I stayed home with the dogs and a greenhouse full of plants..... praying the fires would not reach the lake and force me out. Me and a friend used our 4x4's to run the back roads with supplies for friends who decided to stay and protect thier properties. Was crazy times but we made it thru.
The cariboo wildfires of 2017 came 10km from my house at the northwest (gustafson fire) and the massive Elephant hill fire that seemed totally unstoppable , was snuffed out at 11km to the south of me. Considering the fire was moving up to 15km a day straight for us with the high wind blowing it north.

was crazy times that still affect me today. Watching the fires in California, Oregon, Washington States gives me goosebumps and knots in my gut. You don't know the feeling you get when you know a big fire is headed your way for real.

I am outside of a little town called 100 mile house in the BC interior and I can not even see the other side of the lake due to the smoke from the fires burning in the USA. Crazy!!

be safe my friends