What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got spidermites outside real bad

I got spidermites outside. I live in a house on a farm and my neighbour who lives next door also just lost all his plants to spidermites and had to chop them. I got rid of all my plants and waited a week then I planted some seeds so I can have a clean start. Now even the seedlings have webs on them in the mornings. So far lately i've been dipping the seedlings in bleach to try get the spidermites off. What can I do more? Should I get rid of all my seedlings and try wait a bit again?
Some people say I should get predatory mites, but its not really an option cause I'm not sure how it might affect the farm I live on.
Thanks for your input.

Btw I caught the spidermites too late, but when I did catch them I tried regular rose poison for spidermites and Organicide, nothing seemed to be able to stop them and they keep coming back.

Never had it before and never heard of it this bad.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

bigpeter

BAC plant vitality plus. In UK its £22 for 250 ml but it does work, I guarantee it will cure your problem. On the two occasions I've had to deal with spider mites this product killed them never to be be seen again. Copied from their website " Spray the top and bottom of the leaves sufficiently. Repeat after 5 days if necessary. This product is biodegradable and, thus, has no negative effect on the plant or the medium. Available in 250 ml (for 5 litres of spraying fluid) and 500 ml (for 10 litres of spraying fluid)."

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nuclear = pylon, it will work but its serious cant be applied unless in veg/very early flower
Organic = plant therapy solutions, green clean, micronized sulfur

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm in South Africa so don't have all the products you guys have like the "BAC plant vitality plus", but will lookup everything and see what I can get.
Over here we got something called Pyrol that I will try.

troutman

Seed Whore
Over here we got something called Pyrol that I will try.

Should work nicely.

Pyrol is an organic classified pesticide formulated to control a wide range of harmful pests including aphids, whitefly, greenfly,
spider mites, mealy bugs, scale insects, leaf hoppers and thrips. It also works on the eggs and larvae of the insects to provide
extended periods of control

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calcium hydroxide at 1 gr/liter should raise the pH to about 11 or so. Spray that.

Then spray a light vinegar to pH 3 or so.

Work well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
usually there are natural predators that keep these kind of things in check outdoors, all insects have natural predators in nature that will control their numbers
it sounds like its the environment around your grow thats causing the trouble
/i feel for you man, mites attacking your seedlings is pretty harsh
"... my neighbour who lives next door also just lost all his plants to spidermites"
if this is the case, you are fighting a rising tide and there is only so much you can do to keep your plants healthy
ive had mite problems indoors and will have to check out some of the chemical solutions people have mentioned
/if you use them outdoors, remember to apply them more frequently
lady bugs love mites too and will stick around as long as there is food, (mites to eat) but if you cant keep them from migrating to your garden they are just going to keep coming back
maybe you can look into some kind of enclosure if things keep getting infested

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
releasing predator mites or perhaps a native form of encarsia wasp in large numbers on both your garden and your neighbors may actually benefit "all" the plants on the surrounding farmland as those predators do not harm the plants. And they will breed and multipy as fast as the bad mites, returning a balance to the ecosystem around you

If you can get some alcohol , like 99% isopryl, 190 proof grain alcohol ect
and if you can get Hydrogen Peroxide in a concentrated form..... I have 29% but 35% is out there too.
An excellent bug spray for mites, aphids, thrips, that can be sprayed any time in the plant's lifecycle and I use it as my go-to spray
15ml concentrated H202 35% grade..... I use 18ml of 29% grade
20ml alcohol- I use 190 proof grain alcohol
2ml wetting agent..... i use dawn dishsoap
per liter.
in Veg only , you can add 10ml Canola oil which is adviseable.

this will fry any live mites and should be sprayed at least once a week. With a heavy infestation spray every 3 days to break the egg hatching cycle.

Latest posts

Latest posts