What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Choosing buds from a jar - biggest or smallest first?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am just curious here... When I grab a jar and want to pull out a bud to grind up, I always seem to take the smallest ones first. I am not sure why, maybe because the bigger ones look better, and for some reason I want to save them. It's like, the shake gets used at the very first, leaving only buds.

Anybody else like that? I suppose it would be natural to grab the biggest one first, and work their way down.

Cvh

Supermod
I always go for the nicest looking most crystal covered bud.
Many times it's also one of the biggest.

So, I go for best first. I leave the little stuff and crumbs for last.

I only deserve nothing but the best.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
odd that this comes up. lots of folks use THEIR small buds/shake first. lots of folks rolling from someone elses' bag go for the big buds first. :tongue: hmmm...

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I begin with popcorn and end with the big nice nugs...

Dunno why but I guess it’s from the time as a Budbroker....

St. Phatty

often i take the little one

i tell myself, i'm going to take a picture of the chunkier one

then never do it

but this time i did it !

attachment.php

just picking through Blueberry Headband from 2020.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_144008_+__420.jpg
    IMG_20200608_144008_+__420.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 23

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am just curious here... When I grab a jar and want to pull out a bud to grind up, I always seem to take the smallest ones first. I am not sure why, maybe because the bigger ones look better, and for some reason I want to save them. It's like, the shake gets used at the very first, leaving only buds.

Anybody else like that? I suppose it would be natural to grab the biggest one first, and work their way down.
I pull 'em out to total 5g at a time. I maintain a very anally strict inventory. Only growing towards my medical needs. Doing it this way allows me a variety to choose from to make up desired weight.

X

xavier7995

Whatever is on top and can be pulled out easily, I try not to jostle it too much. Generally I use half gallon jars for longer storage and then pick whatever and fill a smaller sized one to get in and out of on a daily basis.

Edit: I like to rotate varieties so its probably 7-14 grams I pull out at a time. Thinking about it, the smaller shitty buds do tend to wind up on top and get used first. I pack my jars and then sort of fill in any extra space with smallish stuff.

ElGato

Veteran
odd that this comes up. lots of folks use THEIR small buds/shake first. lots of folks rolling from someone elses' bag go for the big buds first. :tongue: hmmm...

those are the same assholes that never "get high" on your weed, they could smoke the whole bag and still barely have a buzz

but when they have their own weed they're stoned as shit off of two tokes

lmao

Gry

Large or small, they are all treasure. Neat thread.
Memories of Colombian still send me reeling and spinning.

Smallest to biggest starting out.

Then once I’m on the last big one I’ll start from the bottom and work my way to the tip if it’s still there lol.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 members found this post helpful. Thank you for rating this post![/FONT]

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Large or small, they are all treasure. Neat thread.
Memories of Colombian still send me reeling and spinning.

Oh my, how would you like to have the memory of moving thousands of lbs of little golden colombian colita's in Red Rooster bags generally weighing in at 37-42lbs/bale, all when opened looked like little golden corn flakes with a sweet licorice smell....so lovely and so short lived and how I reminisce about how dang fairly priced at $325=375/Pound from me to you heh :bigeye:

Would occassionally find one of those light green tropical bugs smashed between the buds....what a way to get to the promised land, from the trees to squashed in a plant to a bag, to a plane, to a boat to a u-haul(s) to new jersey ( everybody thought it went to bklyn 1st then to jersey, it didn't, it went the opposite ) over the varanzano bridge to ft hamilton or to the top of what used to be a post office at ave j and nostrand ave. Tens of thousand of lbs there but only a few thousand lbs of the real gold colombian and I remember hearing it sold for a lot of money when it finally found it's way to california...those people were willing to pay a lot for it so it was going the way I told you, THEN it went VIA someone in the middle who strangely enough became a middle haha, then to california although my cousin moved to Santa Cruz ( to work on computers man ) circa 1979..........he drove his volkswagon beetle out there to work on computers and "follow the dead", bought some of that colombian from me to bring with him to make a few bucks and meet people which he did. I gave it to him at cost which I remember was $275/lb so depending on how much you bought, how well you paid, etc etc determined what you paid and he was my cuzz so cost and I am sure they flipped out in "pre-silicon valley"...who knows maybe some of the greats got there creative genius in creating these fun things called computing all because some guys from nj and bklyn started running weed from the islands heh

wow I can't believe I just typed this much! Pretty lengthy confession although a bit old :tongue:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
One joint a day Mr.Essence? I hope that is broken up into 4-5 sessions.

I think I am just reluctant to break up the big beautiful top buds. They are more than I want to consume at a time, being about as big as my thumb. But in the end, even the tall trees fall.

Latest posts

Latest posts