What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humidity controler

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
I've been looking for a humidity controler ...one to plug in both humidifier and dehumidifier at same time

but they all seem to "switch with the push of a button" or you can control one device or the other ....

I'm looking for a controller I can plug in both humidifier and dehumidifier at the same time and the controller will automatically turn on one device or the other depending what is needed

Is there a single device that does this or do I need to purchase 2 different humidity controllers to control both the humidifier and dehumidifier at the same time?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
dood - cant help on the EC question - i had to do a double take when i saw the post
THE joe fresh ? back on IC?

Welcome back bro

im sure u will get some valid input in 3,2....

Inkbird makes a simple controller that does what you want. Search amazon for “Inkbird Humidity Controller”. Believe they are around $30-40. Has two plugs (humidify & dehumidify) with programmable set points, delay time, etc

AuntieKush

Inkbird makes a simple controller that does what you want. Search amazon for “Inkbird Humidity Controller”. Believe they are around $30-40. Has two plugs (humidify & dehumidify) with programmable set points, delay time, etc

I can vouch for one of these. Check my grow thread to see how it's been working. I plug my humidifier in one plug, and my exhaust fan in the other.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Nice price.

I have a controller for each device. It works out cheaper and being able to split them up offers more flexibility. Perhaps one day something might break and it won't be so disastrous when I have two. $30-$40 is nice though, and a tidy solution.

It's a humidistat with dead zone ( or deadband) you are looking at.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I can vouch for one of these. Check my grow thread to see how it's been working. I plug my humidifier in one plug, and my exhaust fan in the other.

They work well. They're cheep for what they do and they let you set all parameters including calibration. Inkbird.

Drop That Sound

ZL7830B-2nd_2048x2048.jpg

I'm about to order one of these, just because I want to be able to mount the controller to a panel, and all the inkbird itc-1000 looking humidity controllers are sold out...

Also, it not only controls a dehumidifier or humidifier at the same time, but it also has some kind of extra alarm output (and alarm sound which I hope can be disabled), with its own separate relay and settings to work with. I'm thinking I could also program in a 3rd device with it, like for emergencies, and have an extra fan or something. Or a motorised damper come on, to switch the air flow from a different room, etc.

Also getting their temperature control model that does farenheit, the only one that will. Just so my veg rooms temp and humidity controllers match next to each other. The ZL-6290A.

The plug in styles are nice too, I have a WILLHI Humidity controller, but its only single stage. I think they have a dual stage now.

The Inkbird IHC200 looks like the best all around option, as everyone here says they work great. There appears to be a "(New Version) IHC-200 so I would make sure to get that one. Wish they made a newer dual stage panel mounted version.

Some of the newer wifi capable temp/humidity controllers they have now are pretty awesome too! Keep tabs and even remote control your environment from pretty much anywhere, through the free apps they have you download on your phone.

Attachments

• ZL7830B-2nd_2048x2048.jpg
    ZL7830B-2nd_2048x2048.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 22
  • product-image-642770590_2048x2048.jpg
    product-image-642770590_2048x2048.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 24
  • product-image-642770584_600x.jpg
    product-image-642770584_600x.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
  • product-image-642770582_600x.jpg
    product-image-642770582_600x.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 24

superpedro

Veteran
I use the inkbird too.
Works good.
One thing though. The sensor is black (collects all wavelengths, and gets hotter than any other surface). I got the same values as my more expensive device in the dark, while measurements in light was too low.
A small tin foil umbrella has made it work perfect.

Inkbird! Everytime I take a glance at it or I hear my humidifier /dehumidifier turn on I thank our higher power that I bought it at the beginning stage of turning our cellar into a grow room.

Fine tune your humidification and de humidification difference to prevent the alarm from kicking in for high/low settings... It is possible with patience and appropriate location in your environment