What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coronavirus Disease 2019- COVID-19 News- Please Contribute

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coronavirus-Red-Virus.jpg

A highly infectious new Coronavirus is spreading quickly causing fatalities. Economy may be about to take a hit due to supply chain disruptions from quarantines and factory closures.

5 Schools in Pennsylvania have temporarily closed due to concerns. Uncontained community spread now occuring in California, Oregon, and Washington.

What are you guys seeing on the ground? Please share whatever information you can.

Get ready, in 30-60 days, the spread will go up fast due to high level of infectiousness and 14-27 day incubation period with no symptoms but it can still spread.

Get good rest, keep yourself as healthy as you can, and take dietary supplements that help boost immunity.

Prepare for the worst, hope and pray for the best! Thanks! :smoke:

pandemic.news
naturalnews.com
banned.video
infowars.com
censored.news
outbreak.news

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its nasty stuff, seriously! The death rate is calculated to be 3.4% of those infected! Thats 34 times higher than regular influenza (flu). The infectiousness level is measered as an R0 of 6.6 much higher than the flu which has an R0 of 2.3.

Check out the state health department and CDC information!

https://www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html

Epochtimes.com

Even if the disease isn't that bad, the shutdown of manufacturing and shipping will cause problems with the economy and the availability of goods! Global tourism has gone way down.

Its ok to think for yourself, you know. Check out the interviews on banned.video and pull up the research and articles for yourself.

Amynamous

Sounds like fake news, kellyanne and Larry said it was contained. Stop spreading fear.

I’m pretty sure that was meant as sarcasm. It’s pretty easy to say the virus is contained when we aren’t doing widespread testing. I’ve been watching the infection map of the USA, and it is looking very scary. A week ago there were very few small red dots. The dots have since grown in size, quantity as well as being in many more states. The CDC recently made a statement that indicates that the virus has been spreading throughout communities since mid February. The CDC has also been very tight with their testing guidelines, which they finally backed away from a couple of days ago. Pence made a statement yesterday that the US is still a week or two away from being able to perform widespread testing. I pray that I am incorrect, but I suspect the virus is spreading unchecked throughout the US, and when we begin widespread testing, we will see it everywhere. However, then we will have a better idea of what we are dealing with, and public health professionals can respond accordingly. Until then, it seems that they are operating in the dark. I hope everyone washes their hands often, and watch out for each other.

redlaser

Veteran
I’m pretty sure that was meant as sarcasm. It’s pretty easy to say the virus is contained when we aren’t doing widespread testing. I’ve been watching the infection map of the USA, and it is looking very scary. A week ago there were very few small red dots. The dots have since grown in size, quantity as well as being in many more states. The CDC recently made a statement that indicates that the virus has been spreading throughout communities since mid February. The CDC has also been very tight with their testing guidelines, which they finally backed away from a couple of days ago. Pence made a statement yesterday that the US is still a week or two away from being able to perform widespread testing. I pray that I am incorrect, but I suspect the virus is spreading unchecked throughout the US, and when we begin widespread testing, we will see it everywhere. However, then we will have a better idea of what we are dealing with, and public health professionals can respond accordingly. Until then, it seems that they are operating in the dark. I hope everyone washes their hands often, and watch out for each other.

Seems like cv19 is being handled more like a political problem instead of a health emergency for the general population.

Trump yesterday said he would favor the passengers in SF bay boat with corona to stay on the boat versus coming ashore because it would up U.S.infection numbers which apparently is a reflection on his presidency. He didn’t really elaborate beyond saying it would up the numbers.

Dropping the ball on testing and then lying about it being contained does not inspire confidence with the process

T

Teddybrae

Did anyone see current film of Australian women fighting over the last packet of toilet tissue in a supermarket?

Somehow toilet paper is being seen by the Australian public as a vital resource in the battle against the virus.

Psychologists suggest this is because having lots of supplies of a 'fundamental' kind works as some sort of balance against the fear of epidemic (death). We feel more in control if we have stockpiled toilet paper.

HOW FUKN WEIRD!

CaptainDankness

Did anyone see current film of Australian women fighting over the last packet of toilet tissue in a supermarket?

Somehow toilet paper is being seen by the Australian public as a vital resource in the battle against the virus.

Psychologists suggest this is because having lots of supplies of a 'fundamental' kind works as some sort of balance against the fear of epidemic (death). We feel more in control if we have stockpiled toilet paper.

HOW FUKN WEIRD!
Right man up and use your hand. :laughing:

Strange times for sure, almost 400 in the USA and steadily climbing. Some serious shit if it's really spreading in Australia. Trump claimed it would slow down in the summer and it's summer in Australia.

It's definitely going to be worse here than China. The Chinese are still having trouble and they got people locked down pretty good. We just let them self quarantine and so many people can't afford to miss a pay check.

Amynamous

and so many people can't afford to miss a pay check.

Ain’t that the truth. And so many also can’t afford their deductibles and copays.

Another thing is that lots of hospitals, clinics, Nursing homes, etc operate with very tight staffing. (i’m a retired nurse) When nurses, technicians, or doctors need two weeks off because they’re sick, or their parent/grandparent is sick, or they need time off for funerals, it is also going to hit the employing hospitals, clinics etc etc pretty hard, especially as those institutions are getting swamped with sick patients, and they don’t have the necessary staff.

I am not here to worry people, but this has the potential to get pretty rough.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got an infection in the county next to me. First in the state. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Check out the Emergency Report from Infowars today with Mike Adams of Natural News.

Hospitals are getting ready, are you. Here's an article from Daily Mail with a leaked document from Business Insider saying hospitals are preparing for 96 million infections, and half a million deaths.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-HALF-MILLION-deaths-leaked-papers-show.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/pre...-preparing-for-us-coronavirus-outbreak-2020-3

https://www.infowars.com/leaked-doc...96-million-infections-tens-of-thousands-dead/

US hospitals are preparing for 96 MILLION coronavirus infections and nearly HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked documents reveal

• Almost half a million (480,000) Americans are expected to die from coronavirus
  • 4.8 million will be hospitalized and 96 million infected
  • Figures come from leaked slides from a presentation by Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor and hosted by AHA
  • They show the spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with the crisis 10 times greater than a severe flu season
  • The shock figures fly in the face of claims made by President Trump who has maintained on many occasions that the risk to Americans is 'low'
  • Lawler estimated people with heart conditions have a one in 10 chance of dying from the disease, compared to less than one in a 100 among healthy individuals
  • Trump signed a spending bill to allocate $8.3 billion to tackle the crisis Friday
  • US has around 300 cases and 17 confirmed deaths, after Florida confirmed its first two deaths Friday

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke::smoke:

https://banned.video/watch?id=5e64158ce6a8ff004a4dfcc4

EMERGENCY REPORT: Coronavirus Is An Engineered Weapon For The Global Take-down Of The Western World

·
Mar 7, 2020

hellfire

I'm worried about the civilian reaction and what this administration's response could be more than the actual virus.

White Beard

You guys.... ammo sales spike EVERY TIME y’all get your panties in a twist - the “army of one” shit is too deep to be believed....

And pipeline is still cranking out the hysteria from the maestro...gawd...I hope you never wake up, bro - the shock would unman you

Here’s some factoids you don’t want: if we’re dealing with a pandemic, then virtually everyone will be exposed. If that’s true, that’s SEVEN MILLION DEAD - at a 2% mortality rate - in the USA. A weaponized virus with only 2% fatalities is a FAILURE as a weapon - especially considering that China has a big head-start on the dying (that’s some “weapon”).

Since you only listen to political opportunists, you might not have heard that there appears to be a variant in circulation already - one with a 10% mortality rate...which would be more like 30 million dead Americans. Don’t worry though: they’ll all be old when they die.

CaptainDankness

You guys.... ammo sales spike EVERY TIME y’all get your panties in a twist - the “army of one” shit is too deep to be believed....

And pipeline is still cranking out the hysteria from the maestro...gawd...I hope you never wake up, bro - the shock would unman you

Here’s some factoids you don’t want: if we’re dealing with a pandemic, then virtually everyone will be exposed. If that’s true, that’s SEVEN MILLION DEAD - at a 2% mortality rate - in the USA. A weaponized virus with only 2% fatalities is a FAILURE as a weapon - especially considering that China has a big head-start on the dying (that’s some “weapon”).

Since you only listen to political opportunists, you might not have heard that there appears to be a variant in circulation already - one with a 10% mortality rate...which would be more like 30 million dead Americans. Don’t worry though: they’ll all be old when they die.
The stock markets are crashing and 16 million people in Italy are being quarantined. The death rate isn't too terrible, but the panic will put us in a new depression.

It's going to get pretty bad. May not be a super powerful bioweapon, but it is already crippling the economy. Especially when they declare a state of emergency in NYC and CA!! Big business guys stop visiting NYC and CA we lose trillions of dollars, our economy is pretty much fucked.

But what are you going to do? I'm just going to grow weed and do a little fishing. It's going to be chill for me in a quarantine situation since I live in the mountains and have no neighbors and walking distance from good fishing. I'm actually going to have a great time myself. :biggrin: I do feel kind of bad for the city folk though quarantine will be hell for them. Stuck in them high-rises full of infected people, no thanks.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Ain’t that the truth. And so many also can’t afford their deductibles and copays.

Another thing is that lots of hospitals, clinics, Nursing homes, etc operate with very tight staffing. (i’m a retired nurse) When nurses, technicians, or doctors need two weeks off because they’re sick, or their parent/grandparent is sick, or they need time off for funerals, it is also going to hit the employing hospitals, clinics etc etc pretty hard, especially as those institutions are getting swamped with sick patients, and they don’t have the necessary staff.

I am not here to worry people, but this has the potential to get pretty rough.

Medical staff will be the primary victims and at the same time primary vectors for spreading the disease, so "pretty rough" could be an understatement.

Not to mention the possible/probable consequences of a global pandemic occurring during a period of noticeable climate change.:yoinks:

..... but I've been thinking that maybe this thread needs to be bumped up to the Speakers Corner for a really free discussion since politics will become a factor sooner rather than later. :D

.......... any thoughts on this?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its ok here for the moment CG - if it does get too political - we can punt it over to The Speakers Corner -

B

Benny106

I just love chinese food.

Attachments

• Capture-34-e1579783237692.jpg
    Capture-34-e1579783237692.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 22