What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You are not paranoid

Im'One

If they are out to get you.
This morning I was reading an interview with Noam Chomsky and among other things he was discussing our internet. China has taken the next step toward total control of its citizens and monitors your every move. The USA is not far behind. Alexa and her friends are spying on you and turning your information into a commodity and worse beginning to subtly affect your thoughts.
I'm an old codger and use a flip phone and drive a 2004 Dodge truck. I use a tablet at home to get online but its in a drawer when i go to sleep.
Any other ideas on how to cut this intrusive agenda from my life? I have no issue with being a Luddite. I want my freedom and my own thought thank you.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
You're paranoid. Stay away from Sativa strains. Try some Indica. LOL j/k bud.

I have Alexa everywhere and I love her. LOL I don't really give a shit what they know, any more. I often say, "Alexa, I am a terrorist. We are meeting to kill the president. Come and get me bitch". LMAO

I was at the dentist a while back getting a cleaning and they have Alexa. I said, "Alexa, Dr. ******* is a terrorist and the people in this dentist office want to kill the president". LMAO They fucking freaked out. It got the entire office in an uproar. They were actually going to call the police and tell them what happened so the police could report to Alexa that the statement was not from them. Unfuckingbelievable. I just laughed my ass off.

Most people think they are more important than they really are. Nobody gives a shit about what most of us do or say. Anyone who has actually been monitored and busted KNOWS that by the time they are watching you.... you're already busted. LOL

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This morning I was reading an interview with Noam Chomsky and among other things he was discussing our internet. China has taken the next step toward total control of its citizens and monitors your every move. The USA is not far behind. Alexa and her friends are spying on you and turning your information into a commodity and worse beginning to subtly affect your thoughts.
I'm an old codger and use a flip phone and drive a 2004 Dodge truck. I use a tablet at home to get online but its in a drawer when i go to sleep.
Any other ideas on how to cut this intrusive agenda from my life? I have no issue with being a Luddite. I want my freedom and my own thought thank you.

Me too. I had to replace my old chebby and dodge PUs and the one I bought (2019 chebby LD) has NO onstar BS, the truck has no external comms unless I turn on the flip phone BT. This laptop has black tape over the cam. I refuse to allow any of those spy devices like echo and alexa in my presense. I make people leave their spy phones on the porch if we will be talking dope.

I take it further and refuse to use that chip on my debit card. I pay cash for everything but the utility bill and car insurance.

LOL, I try to be as nice as I can to the dentist and especially the hygenist. Screw that drill.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have no phone, tv provider, Alexa, or any other device like that in my name. Our internet comes from are electric company that has no desire to monitor us. I am not constantly looking at or doing things on my phone, and my entire house is covered in tinfoil...

soil margin

Veteran
Stop buying shit. Stop listening to shit. Stop watching shit. Boom, now you’re thinking for yourself. Surveillance I don’t really give a fuck about. I wish I was rich and powerful enough to be worth spying on. As it is, anyone who wants to spend their time and energy to watch me smoke weed and jack off in my apartment, knock yourself out.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
LMAO... exactly what he ^ said. Unless you are some big time grower or criminal, you're not worth the time and money. And, if you ARE a big time grower or criminal and they know about you, having old cars and phones is not going to make ONE BIT of difference. The gov could literally implant you with a chip in any public place and they can hear and know every move you make. And, they had this back in the 70's when I was doing it. So, by now, you simply can NOT be invisible if they want to see you. You don't have enough money or technology to hide. They know EVERYTHING they want to know. What they don't know about you, they don't care. LOL My guess is, if you're important enough, they could re-task a sat based on your DNA and know/hear/feel/taste and see EVERYTHING that you do. Including your heart rate, brain patterns, sounds... come on... you're buying old trucks and phones? LMAO

Days of being paranoid are over. Now, just be smarter than them. LOL

E

ESTERCHASER

ROFL

ROFL

Stop buying shit. Stop listening to shit. Stop watching shit. Boom, now you’re thinking for yourself. Surveillance I don’t really give a fuck about. I wish I was rich and powerful enough to be worth spying on. As it is, anyone who wants to spend their time and energy to watch me smoke weed and jack off in my apartment, knock yourself out.

MY MAN!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ha-Ha-Ha! -

'Alexa I am a terrorist!' - ROTFLMAO!

- and I can relate to your post - I guess that your level of paranoia is based upon what you think you have to hide -

- and its true - the powers that be have the tools and the chequebook to get any info they want on anyone - and everyone has something to hide - or they think they do - but most of it is pretty uninteresting to the authorities -

You're paranoid. Stay away from Sativa strains. Try some Indica. LOL j/k bud.

I have Alexa everywhere and I love her. LOL I don't really give a shit what they know, any more. I often say, "Alexa, I am a terrorist. We are meeting to kill the president. Come and get me bitch". LMAO

I was at the dentist a while back getting a cleaning and they have Alexa. I said, "Alexa, Dr. ******* is a terrorist and the people in this dentist office want to kill the president". LMAO They fucking freaked out. It got the entire office in an uproar. They were actually going to call the police and tell them what happened so the police could report to Alexa that the statement was not from them. Unfuckingbelievable. I just laughed my ass off.

Most people think they are more important than they really are. Nobody gives a shit about what most of us do or say. Anyone who has actually been monitored and busted KNOWS that by the time they are watching you.... you're already busted. LOL

Im'One

LMAO... exactly what he ^ said. Unless you are some big time grower or criminal, you're not worth the time and money. And, if you ARE a big time grower or criminal and they know about you, having old cars and phones is not going to make ONE BIT of difference. The gov could literally implant you with a chip in any public place and they can hear and know every move you make. And, they had this back in the 70's when I was doing it. So, by now, you simply can NOT be invisible if they want to see you. You don't have enough money or technology to hide. They know EVERYTHING they want to know. What they don't know about you, they don't care. LOL My guess is, if you're important enough, they could re-task a sat based on your DNA and know/hear/feel/taste and see EVERYTHING that you do. Including your heart rate, brain patterns, sounds... come on... you're buying old trucks and phones? LMAO

Yes the buying is the issue anyway! The software now I incredibly intrusive and you can merely talk about needing new drapes and you ads will change... I filled out one goddamn survey and boom I'm getting pop ups for Donal tRump and the right wing blasted to me 24\7 of course! I like to f with them.
The subtle shit is what gets you.
Poverty.... possibly the best defense.

Im'One

Honestly I love my old truck, my old phone, my old horse and my old wife. We are comfortable. New shit confuses me.

M

Mr D

How would a cell phone company access roaming fees without knowing the location of the phone? Cell phones have always been trackable. Doesn't matter if the first ever flip phone or the latest smart phone model.

Back in the 90's during a mob trial it was revealed the FBI can use your phone to eavesdrop on you, even when the phone is powered off.

The government and academia partnered to build the internet. The ability to track and spy was built in from the beginning.

China is not ahead of us when it comes to monitoring it's citizens. They are just using it in a public way to clamp down on dissent.

Not sure what benefit a device like Alexa brings to the end user. It's not a secret it's been used by police and google employees to listen in, much like smart TV's.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yes the buying is the issue anyway! The software now I incredibly intrusive and you can merely talk about needing new drapes and you ads will change... I filled out one goddamn survey and boom I'm getting pop ups for Donal tRump and the right wing blasted to me 24\7 of course! I like to f with them.
The subtle shit is what gets you.
Poverty.... possibly the best defense.

I used to game the popups by clicking on the ads for sexy latin, asain, russian women. Then at least the spam is good looking.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Honestly I love my old truck, my old phone, my old horse and my old wife. We are comfortable. New shit confuses me.

I can dig that. My wife is the same way. I am the opposite. Doing the same thing twice makes me nervous. LOL

T

Teddybrae

What you suggest is not enough. Even if you stop today's input you are conditioned to recycle all the things you've been taught throughout yr life ... for ever!

Besides the shit put in yr head by school and media there is the bullshit yr family taught you really mattered.

Mate, Everyone ... unless you can actually STOP THINKING AND DON'T MIND WHAT HAPPENS ... you will not escape the bullshit ... the daily DRAMA!

Stop buying shit. Stop listening to shit. Stop watching shit. Boom, now you’re thinking for yourself.

soil margin

Veteran
What you suggest is not enough. Even if you stop today's input you are conditioned to recycle all the things you've been taught throughout yr life ... for ever!

You could be right. If I had whatever i wanted I’d probably be out in the wilderness away from anything that might contaminate my mind. It’s tough cause there is so much out there in the modern world that is bad. It’s pretty damn hard to hide from it or insulate yourself in any meaningful way unless you just cut yourself off any contact with civilization.

'Boogieman'

You could be right. If I had whatever i wanted I’d probably be out in the wilderness away from anything that might contaminate my mind. It’s tough cause there is so much out there in the modern world that is bad. It’s pretty damn hard to hide from it or insulate yourself in any meaningful way unless you just cut yourself off any contact with civilization.

The Italian Mafia uses technology to their advantage, think wire detecting devices and stuff like that. The government has been trying to bring them down since the days of prohibition yet they still exist and thrive. Paranoia probably helps them survive, many of these guys have been filmed talking next to loud equipment on a construction site with their hands over their mouths.

You don't need to hide in the wilderness, but it may be the best place if your looking for peace. There are many ways you can fall under the radar without making a drastic change in your life.

Im'One

Besides the shit put in yr head by school and media there is the bullshit yr family taught you really mattered.

Mate, Everyone ... unless you can actually STOP THINKING AND DON'T MIND WHAT HAPPENS ... you will not escape the bullshit ... the daily DRAMA!

That's what good weed does for me.
I have always been a independent ass with my own ideas and takes on things...of course no one has listened to me until I began living my ideology.

Latest posts

Latest posts