What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you all use as flood tray(s) in a 5x5 grow space?

thundergodfist

I'm growing 4 plants in a 5x5 growtent. I got a few smart pots (10gal + 25gal) and a big 72 liter rubbermaid tub filled with homemade soil+compost. I've been using an old kiddie pool underneath the 2 smart pots and this flimsy tray for the rubbermaid tub. I've been wanting to run blumats but I want to prepare my grow space in case of an eventual runner and subsequent flood.

I've taken a look online and the biggest flood trays I could find were 4x4 for over $100. Any ideas for a 5x5 space?

big valley

I'm growing 4 plants in a 5x5 growtent. I got a few smart pots (10gal + 25gal) and a big 72 liter rubbermaid tub filled with homemade soil+compost. I've been using an old kiddie pool underneath the 2 smart pots and this flimsy tray for the rubbermaid tub. I've been wanting to run blumats but I want to prepare my grow space in case of an eventual runner and subsequent flood.

I've taken a look online and the biggest flood trays I could find were 4x4 for over $100. Any ideas for a 5x5 space?

4x4 is what is used generally, but make sure you get an actual 4x4 and not a 4x4 outside dimension... fine for a flood table, but is you are just using it for runoff cuts off half a foot for no reason.

they are pricey though, so if you buy one maybe skip the blumats and set up an ebb and flow table?

capnCõno

Well with 4 plants why not just have them drain into saucers ... put the saucers on bricks so they off the ground n put a 90 on the bottom so it drains and have the 4 drain hoses connect to a bucket outside the tent or a condensate pump ... no reason to put a 4x4 table in there which will limit ur accessibility unless ur gonna do flood n drain... even if u got with a table u would want the 4x4 in there not a 5x5 which u would have to make ... but ya the saucers on bricks is the way to go to best utilize the space and if u have a flood situtation it would all get pumped right out n never hit the floor...

Latest posts

Latest posts