What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What fumes kill mold on harvested buds and dissipate completely?

brown_thumb

I have a white mold issue on my harvest. Is there anything I can put in the jars which will evaporate and completely permeate the buds to kill the mold, then completely dissipate?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Sorry bro...That stuff needs to go straight into the "burn barrel"...

And i'm not talking about some newfangled water pipe...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What bud green said. Don't even cry about it. Just toss it and take it as a lesson.

Pay attention to your drying and curing process next time because that's often when it happens. You can't be lackadaisical about it.

brown_thumb

Shit!!!:cry:

I, my brother, and a dear friend were counting on this medicine for various medical conditions. I let all of us down... again. And spent a ton of money and time just to fail... again.:mad:

Cantharellus

Water cure it and make butter or oil based edibles. Between the washing and cooking/decarb process you should be good to go.

mowood3479

Veteran
Water cure it and make butter or oil based edibles. Between the washing and cooking/decarb process you should be good to go.

Im not so sure, could be safe for edibles but I prob wouldn’t especially for use as medicine
There are threads on here (ic)on how to turn molded weed Into bho.
Requires some specialized micron level filters if I recall correctly, I’ve never tried it.
I just toss any molded stuff in the trash n get sad for a time.
It passes eventually

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

I, my brother, and a dear friend were counting on this medicine for various medical conditions. I let all of us down... again. And spent a ton of money and time just to fail... again.:mad:

If the yield was flowered for med use, your reputation
and more potential health complications are at stake.

Bin it and take the loss.

Don't even try to believe you can salvage moldy bud for distribution,
leave that to the dispensaries.

Sucks, but zero defect is the goal.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
We will not drink wine before its time! Rush is a band, not a method in curing your harvest :) It sucks buffalo balls, but I betcha ya wont make that mistake again.

CimbaKat

Buy a hygrometer keep it at 45%rH-55%rH and 65F-75F. I shoot for between 52-55rH and 68F-72F. Normally fluxes from 52-55rH and 68F-71F.. all fine for me. Leads to a 9 - 14 day dry pending on buds... never had mold. I use the closet in my grow room as the dry room.. have my grow room dialed in to also dial in the dry room.. grow room is 45-65%rH and 72-75F making the closet 68F-72F and 50-56%rH, rarely above 55rH, never above 72F. Hardly above 71.. never lower than 68F. I dont use a humidifier or a dehumidifier

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Grow autoflower for medicine. Between 70-85 days, seedling to harvest.

Mistakes like that, a learning curve. NEVER use moldy grass for medical....yikes!

CimbaKat

Grow autoflower for medicine. Between 70-85 days, seedling to harvest.

Mistakes like that, a learning curve. NEVER use moldy grass for medical....yikes!

I agree and disagree. I 10000000% agree on fuck mold. Never use or distribute that ish

Agree because: I currently strictly run autos for MMJ for PTSD management (wife and I both have cPTSD). They're great, talking toney the tiger levels of great plus frost. Plants done in as quick as 65 days or as long as 90 days. So that means 100+ days if proper dry plus cure.. Fire genetics. Easily 20%+THC on everything weve grown. I'm sure weve pushed 25%-30%THC... now I can get ish tested and see. Great learning curves if you like challenges.. great experience to learn different strains. It's like crash course cannabis... just borderline no room for error.

Disagree: I've been doing only autos for so long that I kinda hate them lol. I CANNOT wait to run through all these beans. I want to clone and run all of our photoperiod genetics.. I want keepers. I want clones and moms and dads. I hate having insane keeper genetics pop on autos with no way of keeping them. I've had two elite phenos that were such keepers and all I could do is appreciate then while I had them, which is great but sad because I use MMJ not recreationally smoke..
I'm still slightly upset and it was almost 2 years ago lol.

Autos are great when you need meds in a pinch. Like us.. just moved. Needed meds. Popped autos july 15. Already harvested 3 plants... two will be done drying this week. Well have trim to burn down in less than a week.. already sampled bottom buds. Our Glueberry OG is so fuckin decadent. Tastes like SUPER KUSHY KOOSH KOOSH blueberry GG#4 funk... if that makes sense. Like a Blueberry Kush falvor that coats your mouth like GG4.. shit looks like diamonds.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Autos have their place in the MMJ world. That's how we started in 2007, lack of access for MMJ at the time. Only a handful of distributors....by the time we paid for delivery, autos were the perfect remedy to access, price and variety.

We do photoperiods, as well, and last few years, hemp....REFUSE to pay such exorbitant prices for CBD capsules, so found great sources for CBD hemp....and the rest is history. ;o)

Amynamous

I have a white mold issue on my harvest. Is there anything I can put in the jars which will evaporate and completely permeate the buds to kill the mold, then completely dissipate?

I have had lightly moldy buds and been desperate. If you absolutely must, after picking off whatever mold you see, you can soak the buds in H2O/H2O2(hydrogen peroxide). H2O2 is basically water with an extra oxygen. It is extremely reactive to most micro organisms, including mold. I would use a 3:1 or 4:1 mixture, and soak the buds for at least an hour, and change the solution every 15 to 20 minutes. You will see lots of bubbles, which is a sign that the peroxide is doing its job. Afterwards, i would do a quick dry. H2O2 quickly breaks down to water and oxygen and poses no threat. This would probably be better for edibles rather than smoking/vaping, and i would not recommend consumption by anyone who has a compromised immune system.

M

moose eater

When I dry/cure my weed, it will 'feel' crusty on the outside, due to the exterior pores drying ahead of the small amount of moisture trapped inside.

At that time, I often place it in air-tight or close to air-tight containers over night or for the day, then when I feel it again, it's evident that the moisture has equalized, and the buds are typically uniformly 'damp' (not typically truly wet, but damp). I then place them in the drying trays again until they are feeling 'superficially' crusty again.

(Note: my drying trays are not open to free-flow air after about day 5 of drying, +/-, before I close them to limit ventilation, where they are slowed in the process a bit, and partially rehydrate from semi-trapped moisture, due to the reduction in air-flow, though not the same as when I do the air-tight or close to air-tight over-night containers..

Depending on oil content, I may have to do the temporary containment and rehydrating 2-3 times before I get the moisture content where I can feel right about placing them in their final containers for curing, what ever those containers might be.

Rarely had anyone take issue with my drying or cure.

Learned a word years ago, 'homeostasis', that taught me that most to all environmental variables in a given environment seek to moderate or equalize with each other; heat seeks cold, cold seeks heat, moisture seeks dryness, dryness seeks moisture, etc. That's more or less what you're dealing with when you have the sense of superficially dry exterior but moisture trapped inside them. Given the opportunity, by containing them briefly, you can expedite the release of the 'trapped' moisture by providing that environment temporarily.

DON'T place them in air-tight containers until the WHOLE bud is equalized in moisture content, and low enough in moisture content to not become a petri dish lab experiment in fungal growth.

Don't know if I made any sense with that. It was a long night...

By the way, don't beat yourself up so badly. It's a precursor to falling prey to past self-destructive habits. If I had a dollar for every time I screwed up, I'd probably be sipping high-end tequila on a white sand beach in remote Central America, with gated security, or making shapes out of clouds while laying on a grassy hill in the mountains of Nepal..

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Sulfur,......... but think its to late

old school agricultural standard before all the chem solution

BuzzBob56

... ... If I had a dollar for every time I screwed up, I'd probably be sipping high-end tequila on a white sand beach in remote Central America, with gated security, or making shapes out of clouds while laying on a grassy hill in the mountains of Nepal..

OMGoodnes, that whole post was f'ing awesome! Especially this last bit! So, so true.:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts