What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help needed choosing/finding strain

Treevly

I am trying to find something for outdoors:
: not too tall, preferably 4 to 5 feet, 6 ft. absolute maximum;
: not too late, end of Sept. at Milwaukee, 07 Oct. absolute max..
: green or mostly so, not Blueberry purple or the like;
: fairly low odour, not screaming skunky;
: Indica or mostly, with respectable THC.

If you know of something quiet and respectable, and fairly zingy, lead on. Maybe a basic Afghani?
Thanks for any suggestions.

troutman

Seed Whore
I am trying to find something for outdoors:
: not too tall, preferably 4 to 5 feet, 6 ft. absolute maximum;
: not too late, end of Sept. at Milwaukee, 07 Oct. absolute max..
: green or mostly so, not Blueberry purple or the like;
: fairly low odour, not screaming skunky;
: Indica or mostly, with respectable THC.

If you know of something quiet and respectable, and fairly zingy, lead on. Maybe a basic Afghani?
Thanks for any suggestions.

not screaming skunky :hide:

capnCõno

Lots of choices out there best bang for ya buck and fits ya description to a T is aurora indicA from nirvana r I run a few every year last 4-5 years very consistent results and is exactly what u described , some c99 or dutch treat crosses for more Zip if u lookin for more sativa in it

Happy Times

Northern Lights? I ran some from Nirvana last summer and got a decent one from the auto fem line

Def low odor, easy to grow and nice solid nugs. A slight minty aroma and slightly sweet. Nice stoney high, lots of munchies from this one

I tried some of their Blue Mystic also for the low odor aspect but messed up the seedlings so never got a look at these

Treevly

Thanks for those suggestions and the link.

Would Aurora be appreciably different from a straight Afghan hash plant, like Barney's or similar?

My brother grew Northern Lights and he said that the smell was so strong that he had hippies parachuting into his back yard.

F310775

Suggestion

Suggestion

I would suggest THC Bomb as it generally fits your description I’m growing it right now pretty easy plant to take care of check out some bomb seed crosses if interested

Attachments

• 2A3DD039-F898-44D7-8F3D-08A2E4C8C58F.jpg
    2A3DD039-F898-44D7-8F3D-08A2E4C8C58F.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 19

Treevly

To those who recommended Cinderella 99, thanks for that. I will be doing two projects, one Sativa-leaning, one Indica-leaning. Cinderella 99 will be the Sativa number. Thanks for the confirmation on that one.

not sure who's northern lights it was that i recieved but i tryed some years back and it was the sweetest densest stickiest bud i ever had with a slow motion type of prolonged indica high. Almost smelled like a vanilla cream cheese muffin but way more acrid with no sense of sour.

I've read descriptions of many peoples NL and i have a strong suspicion it was Dr. Atomics NL

although i don't know for sure i look forward to running some Atomic NL to find out

anyways good luck

'Boogieman'

Durban Poison fits everything you described except it's not indica and it can get tall but is easily kept short if continually tied down.

capnCõno

Thanks for those suggestions and the link.

Would Aurora be appreciably different from a straight Afghan hash plant, like Barney's or similar?

My brother grew Northern Lights and he said that the smell was so strong that he had hippies parachuting into his back yard.

Well goin from seed u can have an idea on what to expect smell wise but super stinky plants can pop up anywhere on occasion ... nl can have mostly mild phenos but sometimes u get super strong pine and cleaner phenos... with the aurora even the stinky ones smell more like hash n incense burning few smell citrus not orange or lemon specific but like burnt hash with a citrus type thing goin on ... and they consistently finish end of sept... as far as compare it to barneys I don't got much my buddy ran it and got shit later flowering sativa dom plants think they are still a few weeks out he also grew a few other afghan kush types he got as freebies that did ok but the aurora beat them all and been consistent for 10+years.. also the cheapest seeds I ran ever could probably get 2 or 3 times the amount of seed compared to others ... also want to mention haZeman seeds he has a few lines U may want to look into he has some blow fish block head g13hp fugu white tiger also look into some crosss with the white they are super frosty and certain phenos have amazing frost with muted smells

bushed

Bubble gummer from female seeds, doesnt have a strong smell, creates a very stoney finished produce. A great example of a classic dutch indica leaning strain. Grows itself.

Popey

Veteran
It's hard to find an indica that doesn't have a strong smell. If you were looking for sativa with no smell, then I have a few proven strains (e.g. C'99, Nepal Jam and a few others ... - I did it without a filter and I could not feel anything in the room).
As for NL, it probably depends on the phenotype and/or the breeder. I've heard that it is easier for Nirvana to find NL with a low odor, and NL from Sensi Seeds smells a lot.
In addition, I could recommend a medium to low odor, e.g. Maroc from FS but this is also not indica.