What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Name that Imbalance!!!

Teh_Baker

Whole garden looks like this, and ive already lost one plant. Please help. I thought iron, but its not white!
picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
How much more to finish plants??

It doesnt look so bad if its few leafes affected... and i sees on some leafes it look
like Mg deficience.

Mine advice will be to give them secondary Mg,S and Ca in next watering... also you must know its a normal thing some fan leafes dies at the end of a ciclus.

Regards

Teh_Baker

They still have about a month to go. And yes i am aware that the plants will use up what stores they have built up. However i have not started flushing plants yet. And this isnt a normal late season N def...

Dog Star

Veteran
Leafes like yours on pic showing intervenal clorosis and thats a sign of Mg def for sure,

i advice you you give them next watering beside NPK nutes secondary elements and
thats normal thing that in the end of flowering plants show hunger for secondary
elements..

so a bit of Mg,S and Calcium and i think they need to sustain this month and bounce
back in green whithouth any more defs..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Putting MgS in your soil could be disastrous in the long run. It might help these plants but in the long run you will be bringing up Mg levels in your soil which will eventually cause compaction. This is mostly due to each elements physical size. If Ca were a beach ball, Mg would be a marble. The beach balls will have a lot more airspace for roots to explore/breathe than Mg.

If you suspect a Mg deficiency, give the plants a foliar spray of MgS (epsom salt). If health isnt returned to the plants, you know that assessment was wrong & you haven't changed you previous Ca/Mg ratio.

Iron & Sulfur deficiencies are very similar & will start at the top of the plant because once set in the plant, they are imobile.

That looks like a soil pH issue to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts